+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Times and Biometrics

foxonefoxone

Dec 21, 2019
Hi

My parents had applied for a visitor visa to visit Canada in September. They are in New Delhi right now. They rec'd a letter to submit biometrics at VFS however, VFS doesnt seem to be accepting biometrics collection for visitor visas.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Thanks

Vengance

Star Member
Oct 18, 2014
I applied last month for my mother .. still vfs offices are not accepting visitor visa applicants for biometrics.. no option but to wait and watch.. let's hope for the best!!

rajucheers

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Nomination.....
19-12-2015
AOR Received.
28-01-2016
Med's Done....
01-02-2016
Passport Req..
20-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2016
Hey, what is the timelines currently? Did they open at all? Or is there a waiting time?

Raghubir

Star Member
Oct 3, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
29-April-2021
I have applied for visitor visa on November 12 and got original passport request on December 11. I submitted my passport for stamping but next day I got biometrics request which I cannot do because I have submitted my passport. I’m confused, will they stamp my passport or return it unprocessed??

Note- I normally live in canada and I have open work permit and came to India due to death in my family.

sumit85live

Dec 25, 2020
I have applied for visitor visa on November 12 and got original passport request on December 11. I submitted my passport for stamping but next day I got biometrics request which I cannot do because I have submitted my passport. I’m confused, will they stamp my passport or return it unprocessed??

Note- I normally live in canada and I have open work permit and came to India due to death in my family.
---------------------------------------
Hey Buddy!
I too live in canada and hold an open work permit. I came to India due to family emergency too.

However, I applied for TRV from Dubai, UAE because VAC in India were closed. I applied on 12th November too but no reply so far.

I submitted my work permit copy, the form, family info form, offer letter and pay stubs until august as an additional document and passport copy. I am wondering why is it taking so long?

sumit85live

Dec 25, 2020

Why would they ask you for biometrics if you have an open work permit already? I had given my biometrics and only then they issued me post graduate open work permit.

Raghubir

Star Member
Oct 3, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
29-April-2021
---------------------------------------
Hey Buddy!
I too live in canada and hold an open work permit. I came to India due to family emergency too.

However, I applied for TRV from Dubai, UAE because VAC in India were closed. I applied on 12th November too but no reply so far.

I submitted my work permit copy, the form, family info form, offer letter and pay stubs until august as an additional document and passport copy. I am wondering why is it taking so long?
Right now everything is unpredictable and they are trying their best to clear student visa and family class first then after they will focus on visitor visa but our file should be prioritized as well because we have work permit and job. We are paying taxes there but still. I emailed IRCC in first week of December, I explained my situation and I have also submitted return to work letter which I got from my employer. I also mentioned that I’m paying my rent And car loan without using them. I hope they will stamp my passport instead of returning it unprocessed. Did you give your biometrics??

sumit85live

Dec 25, 2020
Right now everything is unpredictable and they are trying their best to clear student visa and family class first then after they will focus on visitor visa but our file should be prioritized as well because we have work permit and job. We are paying taxes there but still. I emailed IRCC in first week of December, I explained my situation and I have also submitted return to work letter which I got from my employer. I also mentioned that I’m paying my rent And car loan without using them. I hope they will stamp my passport instead of returning it unprocessed. Did you give your biometrics??

I had given my biometrics when I applied for Open Work permit and got my permit in April. I dont think you need to give biometrics again for the next 10 years.
What email address did you use to communicate with IRCC?

Raghubir

Star Member
Oct 3, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
29-April-2021
I had given my biometrics when I applied for Open Work permit and got my permit in April. I dont think you need to give biometrics again for the next 10 years.
What email address did you use to communicate with IRCC?
I didn’t give biometrics when I was applying for work permit because it was back in March 2018. I used web form to reach them.

sumit85live

Dec 25, 2020
May I ask what was the application form you used to apply for TRV?
I filled IMM5257 because of my canadian degree and pgwp
Thanks!

sumit85live

Dec 25, 2020
And did you mention purpose of visit as Other from drop down menu and COVID-19?
Because I mention purpose of visit as Returning Worker

Raghubir

Star Member
Oct 3, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
29-April-2021
I don’t remember what I mentioned in that field but I used 5257 form for sure. I’ll update you when I get my passport back. Hopefully stamped one.

Tinda3

Jan 10, 2021
I don’t remember what I mentioned in that field but I used 5257 form for sure. I’ll update you when I get my passport back. Hopefully stamped one.
Any update Friends
My condition is too very same both of you....
Just waiting from 25nov no update yet

Raghubir

Star Member
Oct 3, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
29-April-2021
Any update Friends
My condition is too very same both of you....
Just waiting from 25nov no update yet
They have returned my passport without stamp so I’m going to dubai to get biometrics done after that I’ll submit my passport again.