+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (Parents) January 2021.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Even for the immediate family member of Pr or citizen, the visitor visa is still hard to get at this point?
For parents requirements remain almost the same as precovid. Your parents should be able to show adequate funds, ties to their home country like property, jobs, dependent family members, etc and previous travel to other countries like the US, Australia, UK, etc. When it comes to PHAC that is primarily used for sudden emergency travel situations like a funeral, unexpected serious medical event like a big heart attack, serious car accident, etc., to reunite with family receiving end of life care, etc.

haseeb1523

Jun 23, 2021
Hi there, I am a PR holder in Canada and i have applied for my parent Visitor Visa back in September of 2020, I have not received any update from the last 8 months.

I have also submitted a request directly to "IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca".
Today is the eight day i have not received any update from them as well. I got the confirmation from IRCC travel exemption via auto reply they will contact within 14 business days.

I just want to know have anyone here have gone through this process, if yes then how long this process will take?

Details on my application:
  • Biometrics are already done on Sep 2020
  • now i am on the last two stages where it says background check and final decision.

Reactions: imacuser

imacuser

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Hi there, I am a PR holder in Canada and i have applied for my parent Visitor Visa back in September of 2020, I have not received any update from the last 8 months.

I have also submitted a request directly to "IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca".
Today is the eight day i have not received any update from them as well. I got the confirmation from IRCC travel exemption via auto reply they will contact within 14 business days.

I just want to know have anyone here have gone through this process, if yes then how long this process will take?

• now i am on the last two stages where it says background check and final decision.
Same situation as you.
Can you please share what you sent for travel exemption? I want to do the same

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hi Folks,
I am thinking of applying Tourist Visa (preferably Super Visa) for my parents. I am a PR with a permanent job residing in Canada for the last 5 years.
My dad retired last year and my mother is a housewife.
What should I write in the invitation letter to show that they have strong ties back home as I do not want to get a rejection during this difficult time?
My parents have more than sufficient funds to sponsor their trip & stay but no liability back home.
How can I convince the immigration department?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

AceVentura123

Mar 2, 2020
Hi Folks,
I am thinking of applying Tourist Visa (preferably Super Visa) for my parents. I am a PR with a permanent job residing in Canada for the last 5 years.
My dad retired last year and my mother is a housewife.
What should I write in the invitation letter to show that they have strong ties back home as I do not want to get a rejection during this difficult time?
My parents have more than sufficient funds to sponsor their trip & stay but no liability back home.
How can I convince the immigration department?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Get your parents to show land deeds of property they own (with their names on it), this is considered a strong tie to back home. Also if they have a business back home, then show trade licence copy of the business with theirs names on it. Also if they have fixed deposits, then get bank statements of that. Basically, anything to convince the immig officer that your parents will return back home.

AceVentura123

Mar 2, 2020

I believe that email address is no longer valid, you are required to submit all the information via a webform.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Get your parents to show land deeds of property they own (with their names on it), this is considered a strong tie to back home. Also if they have a business back home, then show trade licence copy of the business with theirs names on it. Also if they have fixed deposits, then get bank statements of that. Basically, anything to convince the immig officer that your parents will return back home.
Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, my house is on grandpa's name as we all live in same house. He was in a private but retired at a high post. No business.
He has investments on his name such as FDs, MFs and shares.
I hope that must be enough to convince immigration officer.
He also has visas of Japan and Europe on his previous passport( I do not know how much it matter).

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Hi all,

Need some advice on applying for my parent's visa. I have been a Canadian PR since October 2019 and have a Spousal Sponsorship application in process for my wife (Submitted March 2021).

My parents have a valid US visa (got one in 2014 for 10 years). They visited me in the US in 2018 for a month.

My parents home in Mumbai is legally listed under my uncle (dad's elder brother) ownership. We are in process of transferring the ownership to my father's name.

My question is -
Should I wait until this property is legally registered with my father?

OR

Can I apply visa for just my mother - Purpose of visit: visiting son in Canada who has been living by himself since the beginning of pandemic and is also living without his wife for almost a year due to the delays in processsing Spousal applications?
In this case - The strong ties to India for her would be my father whom she has to go back to, after the visit.

Would this ^ along with a valid US visa be good enough for an approval?

mpr204

May 18, 2017
India
Hi there, I am planning to apply visit visa for my parents. I am a PR here. How does it work if the ties are on my grandmother’s name but there are sufficient fund in the bank account.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi there, I am planning to apply visit visa for my parents. I am a PR here. How does it work if the ties are on my grandmother’s name but there are sufficient fund in the bank account.
You focus on the funds/properties in your parents name.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
If for a visitor visa, they must show their own funds. You can say they are supporting their visit but they need a bank balance that shows they can afford to visit.
What if the parents are both retired and have minimal savings, enough for their monthly expenses in India, but not to the scale of 10-15k CAD that a trip would require?

As a son, can i not write in my invitation letter that i will be purchasing flight tickets, travel insurance and taking care of their expenses here?