+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (Parents) January 2021.

mish89

Jun 21, 2021
My mother has visitor visa until December 2021 (until passport expiry date) :
-Can i apply Super visa for her
-which form is for Super visa if applying online , because when i create account for her and click apply online options it does not say Super visa it still shows "application for visitor visa (Temporary Resident Visa) " IMM5257 form

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Hi guys.

I've been in this forum for a couple of months, specifically at the International Students section. I have a study permit approved and I'll arrive to Canada next August to start my studies in September. My wife is coming with me.

Now I'm interested in requesting a visitors visa for my parents. I know there's still travel restrictions and it may take some time before they are allowed to visit us in Canada, but I would like to know if they can start the process now or what other options do we have. Thanks in advance.

Abhiancha

Oct 15, 2018
My mother has visitor visa until December 2021 (until passport expiry date) :
-Can i apply Super visa for her
-which form is for Super visa if applying online , because when i create account for her and click apply online options it does not say Super visa it still shows "application for visitor visa (Temporary Resident Visa) " IMM5257 form
It depends on how you answered the questions prior to starting the application - I did this wrong initially, and ended up seeing only the visitor visa option.
Check the following link on youtube - if you answer the questions in the appropriate manner, it will show the super visa option as well.

preeti123

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
Hi there, I am a PR holder in Canada and i have applied for my parent Visitor Visa back in September of 2020, I have not received any update from the last 8 months.

I have also submitted a request directly to "IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca".
Today is the eight day i have not received any update from them as well. I got the confirmation from IRCC travel exemption via auto reply they will contact within 14 business days.

I just want to know have anyone here have gone through this process, if yes then how long this process will take?

Details on my application:
  • Biometrics are already done on Sep 2020
  • now i am on the last two stages where it says background check and final decision.
Hi,

Just wondering if you had received any update on you application. Please share your timeline. Thank you

Malibu25

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
Hello everyone, does anyone here tried or know the process of applying a visitor’s visa for out family outside Canada to come here? Humbly asking for a link of reference please thank you.

preeti123

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
Hi all, I applied visitor visa for my mom (india) and husband (usa). Biometrics done, sent webform but still waiting for reply.

Tara

Star Member
Jan 15, 2009
Hi, We applied for my father's visitor visa and received a biometric letter which says provide biometrics within 30 days otherwise application will be refused. None of the VFS center in India has any availability within this time frame. The earliest i could see is last week of September. Anyone have any suggestion if we can get early appointment by directly calling VFS or walk in instead of online ?

suvi1823

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Hi, We applied for my father's visitor visa and received a biometric letter which says provide biometrics within 30 days otherwise application will be refused. None of the VFS center in India has any availability within this time frame. The earliest i could see is last week of September. Anyone have any suggestion if we can get early appointment by directly calling VFS or walk in instead of online ?
VFS is currently accepting biometric appointments even with expired biometric letter. Just go ahead and book an appointment.

Harshara

Mar 21, 2021
Category........
VISIT
I sent a message to CanadaInIndia twitter handle and checked reg the same.Their reply

Expired BILs/PPRLs, will continue to be accepted until IRCC sends out a second notification to clients. In the second notification timeframes for compliance will be specified.

I'd recommend you to try to book your appointment at a different location . Appointments are available in Chennai, Bengaluru after Aug 18.

Tara

Star Member
Jan 15, 2009
Thanks for your reply. my concern is , the letter says we have 30 days to submit biometrics, but the earliest appointment date i could find online is 75 days from today. The letter says if not submitted within 30 days, application may be refused. And my question, is there a way to get appointment early other than keep on checking online?

VFS is currently accepting biometric appointments even with expired biometric letter. Just go ahead and book an appointment.

Swathi.life

Oct 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone help me with this questions for my parents visa ? thank you

1) In the IMM5257 form, the last option of signature and date, of application or legal guardian if under 18, if we are doing online form and validating, do we have to digital sign it ?

2) About quarantine plan, in the application, client information we are writing they will be quarantining in my basement, if needed , is that enough ?

AkshayArora

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Can someone help me with this questions for my parents visa ? thank you

1) In the IMM5257 form, the last option of signature and date, of application or legal guardian if under 18, if we are doing online form and validating, do we have to digital sign it ?

2) About quarantine plan, in the application, client information we are writing they will be quarantining in my basement, if needed , is that enough ?
1 - Signature is not required
2 - Yes