+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (Parents) January 2021.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What if the parents are both retired and have minimal savings, enough for their monthly expenses in India, but not to the scale of 10-15k CAD that a trip would require?

As a son, can i not write in my invitation letter that i will be purchasing flight tickets, travel insurance and taking care of their expenses here?
Sure you can write a letter but not showing their own funds weakens their application because why would they return. If they can’t afford to visit, you should be looking at a Supervisa if you meet LICO.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
[/QUOTE]
They can afford to visit, but IRCC rejects applications on the basis of the "expenses do not justify the visit based on the financial standing" which basically means you have more than the money necessary to visit but then that would consume 50-60% of your bank savings.

My parents have a valid US visa and they have visited me and gone back after a month long trip in 2018. That is strong enough credibility I guess to convince IRCC that they have a good track record of not abusing a visitor visa.
Sure you can write a letter but not showing their own funds weakens their application because why would they return. If they can’t afford to visit, you should be looking at a Supervisa if you meet LICO.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
They can afford to visit, but IRCC rejects applications on the basis of the "expenses do not justify the visit based on the financial standing" which basically means you have more than the money necessary to visit but then that would consume 50-60% of your bank savings.

My parents have a valid US visa and they have visited me and gone back after a month long trip in 2018. That is strong enough credibility I guess to convince IRCC that they have a good track record of not abusing a visitor visa.
[/QUOTE]
If they have visited you in Canada and returned that is good. A valid US visa is good too. All your parents can do is wait for a response.

imdsumit

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
India
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-09-2019
I am applying for my parents visitor visa. I have few questions:
- How to show parent's strong ties to India ?
- Do they need to write a letter mentioning their owned house in India and their elder son living in India etc ?
- For showing the ownership of the house what are the options since the house papers are in local language.
- Under which option should they upload these documents as I see only option for Funds, Passport, marriage certificate, Letter of Invitation and Additional documents.

swsood1686

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06 -Jan - 2016 (OINP)
Doc's Request.
19 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
Nomination.....
30 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
19 - Feb - 2017 (eApr)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
One of the strongest ties for parents is there partner/spouse. When you are filling application, you can mention 'NO' when asked if they will be accompanied by each other. If one stays back in India, that is a strongest reason as family ties back in India and they will go back.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018

If they have visited you in Canada and returned that is good. A valid US visa is good too. All your parents can do is wait for a response.
[/QUOTE]
They have not visited me in Canada, I used to live in the US for 8 years and they visited me during that time.

Having a US visa and travel history is a significant boost to a Canadian visa application, from what I have read in all forums.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
One of the strongest ties for parents is there partner/spouse. When you are filling application, you can mention 'NO' when asked if they will be accompanied by each other. If one stays back in India, that is a strongest reason as family ties back in India and they will go back.
So are you suggesting that I should just apply for my mother first and the strong tie for her to her home country is that she has to return back to my father? I kinda had the same thought.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
They have not visited me in Canada, I used to live in the US for 8 years and they visited me during that time.

Having a US visa and travel history is a significant boost to a Canadian visa application, from what I have read in all forums.
[/QUOTE]
Of course it is a boost but so are their own funds and showing they can afford to visit.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

[/QUOTE]

Having visited the US and followed the immigration rules helps an application. Just having the visa doesn't do much. IRCC likes to see a pattern of people respecting the immigration laws and not overstaying visas.

Reactions: sarvesh90

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So are you suggesting that I should just apply for my mother first and the strong tie for her to her home country is that she has to return back to my father? I kinda had the same thought.
If they want to travel together there is really no point in applying separately. If they keep getting denied you could consider having only one apply and visit Canada and then apply for your father's visa. Would try a supervisa first if they get denied the TRV.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018

Having visited the US and followed the immigration rules helps an application. Just having the visa doesn't do much. IRCC likes to see a pattern of people respecting the immigration laws and not overstaying visas.
[/QUOTE]
Yes I agree, they have a valid visa and also visited me in the US.

Mrudul@07

Jan 26, 2021
Hi guys my file is in PR process since Mar 2019, we have to go back India urgently for family emergency as we do not have stamp on passport for re-entry to Canada and for that we have applied for TRV can we send passport for stamping in India? Any guesses how much time does it take overall?

Tara

Star Member
Jan 15, 2009
Hello Guys, I want to send visitor visa application for my father. Is VFS allowing biometrics appointments for visitor visa application now in India?

Edited - to include the country

Last edited: