+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (Parents) January 2021.

raghu999

May 23, 2017
Hi I am going to apply soon for my mom and dad.
Are they approve TRV for parents ?
I am also applying for parents with in the next week. We can apply for visitor visa but from what i am reading here is only having problem with the biometrics.

Rahul_jain85

Jan 26, 2021
Hi there, I just became a PR and want my mom to visit me here. I see that processing time for Visitor Visa from India is 120 days.

Here is a brief profile of my mom:

My mom is single, she has very less assets in India and she is self employed as a Chartered Accountant but with less assets. She has no travel history. What are the chances according to you, of her application being approved/not-approved. Any suggestion for making her appl strong?

Has anyone succeeded in similar circumstances in getting a visit visa?

bau

Oct 27, 2020
Hi All,
My parents are in Canada. Their visitor visa expires in june 2021, Can they apply for new visitor visa inside Canada? I am PR.
So they need new visa as well as extension to stay longer than 6 months. What is the best option?
Thank you for your help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there, I just became a PR and want my mom to visit me here. I see that processing time for Visitor Visa from India is 120 days.

Here is a brief profile of my mom:

My mom is single, she has very less assets in India and she is self employed as a Chartered Accountant but with less assets. She has no travel history. What are the chances according to you, of her application being approved/not-approved. Any suggestion for making her appl strong?

Has anyone succeeded in similar circumstances in getting a visit visa?
Have you already lived in Canada for several years? Or will you just be moving to Canada now?

If you are just going to be moving to Canada now, then the very strong recommendation is that you move to Canada alone and live in Canada for 6-8 months before your mother applies for a TRV. If she applies now, the risk of refusal is going to be much higher because IRCC will be concerned that she is attempting to move to Canada along with you. You should go first. Live in Canada for a while. Then she can apply.

Reactions: dahil1975

Rahul_jain85

Jan 26, 2021
[
Have you already lived in Canada for several years? Or will you just be moving to Canada now?

If you are just going to be moving to Canada now, then the very strong recommendation is that you move to Canada alone and live in Canada for 6-8 months before your mother applies for a TRV. If she applies now, the risk of refusal is going to be much higher because IRCC will be concerned that she is attempting to move to Canada along with you. You should go first. Live in Canada for a while. Then she can apply.
Thanks for your reply. I was CEC and have been living in Canada for 5 years. Any suggestions to make the application stronger? Anything I should be careful of.

Mugsi

Jul 12, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-06-2017
AOR Received.
05-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
Hi All,

I am going to apply visitor visa for my parents and brother in next few weeks. I am a PR and have few queries related to the application. Would be grateful if someone from the forum can answer following queries from their experience:

1. Shall I have a single application for my parents and brother. My father is retired, mom is a house wife and brother is employed. I will be providing Proof of Funds and other documents for my parents and brother. I will also include employment related documents for my brother.
2. Can I mention pregnancy as the reason for them to visit or can this cause rejection considering the current pandemic situation.
3. I am planning to have a single invitation letter for 3 of them. Is this fine?

juliapark

Mar 19, 2019
Yes! I am working on a super-visa for my mom right now as a self-employed individual. I have a couple of questions if anyone can help?
The income proof requirements are a notice of assessment and a letter from accountant
We have not done our taxes for 2020 yet (as the deadline is longer for business)
Do you think it's ok if both NOA and letter from my accountant state 2019 income amount?
Or do we need to do our taxes and wait for a new NOA before applying
I would rather apply ASAP... But couldn't find the requirements
Any help will be greatly appreciated

Also where do you all upload so many additional documents?

akhilmahajan5

Aug 11, 2017
Hi,
I have just applied for a visitor visa for my parents today.

Regards
I have applied in mid of January for my parents too. Received the biometrics letter, however when checked on vfs india website, under Jalandhar vfs centre - it does not mention anything about visitors visa biometrics. Looks like - biometrics for visitor visa is on hold. Can you or anyone confirm?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have applied in mid of January for my parents too. Received the biometrics letter, however when checked on vfs india website, under Jalandhar vfs centre - it does not mention anything about visitors visa biometrics. Looks like - biometrics for visitor visa is on hold. Can you or anyone confirm?
Yes, unfortunately it's on hold right now. Your options are to either wait or take biometrics in another country like Nepal or Dubai.

akhilmahajan5

Aug 11, 2017
Yes, unfortunately it's on hold right now. Your options are to either wait or take biometrics in another country like Nepal or Dubai.
Thanks @scylla for your revert. No they are in India and no plan for travel to other countries for this. What if vfs offices stay close for 90 days as we need to get biometrics within that duration from date of receiving letter?