+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (Parents) January 2021.

SiminB

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
Hi All,

I will be applying for visitor visa for my parents end of Feb as I plan to call them in Summers, my father already visited me back in 2018 but due to passport renewal I need to apply again for him. Is there any confirmation whether visitor visa is been approved lately ?

Do I need to send the exemption email before applying ? Anyone was able to schedule the biometric in India or it is still closed

Regards,
Sam
Hi, did you end up sending the email before applying? I also applied for my mother, she visited me in 2019, and her visa recently expired.

trunalgupte

Sep 10, 2011
Hello all,

My parents applied for Visitor visa from India.

Application Date: 26th Feb, 2021
Application No. UCI No. Application Confirmation received: 26th Feb, 2021
Biometrics letter received: 27th Feb, 2021

We are trying to book an appointment for biometrics in India, but no luck, It says currently they are only taking biometrics of certain applications.

My parents do not plan to travel to Dubai or Nepal for biometrics.

Anyone know when are they opening the appointments for biometrics in VFSs in India. They are willing to go to any VFS in India.

Utakogirl2013

Nov 14, 2013
People who applied for Visitor Visa for Parents In January 2021 please connect here.
I am applying for PHAC Exemption, while filling the form, the question where I will quarantine, am I to chose one of the Government hotels? Because I was going to chose the apartments where my sons are staying

Debkumar

Nov 14, 2020
Hello all,

We are trying to book an appointment for biometrics in India, but no luck, It says currently they are only taking biometrics of certain applications.

Anyone know when are they opening the appointments for biometrics in VFSs in India. They are willing to go to any VFS in India.
Same here got the biometrics letter but biometric for visitor visa hasn't started in India. They can't travel. Anybody has any idea when will it open? It seems everything is back to normal in India except visa related stuff.

samkh89

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Hi.
I am in the process of applying for trv for my parents. My mother is dependent on my father so I would prefer doing a combined application.
There are few things I wanted to know

1. In case of combined application do we have to submit all the forms for both applicants. I mean which forms are for principal applicant and which ones are for dependent. If u can list it, will be great.
2.In case of funds to carry question, should the amount be split in between mother and father forms or i should write amount in fathers form and for mother minimal.
3. Is the new option to choose purpose of travel to "other" then write "Covid-19" applicable for my case.
4. What are we supposed to upload for travel history In the documents sections.
5. What should we upload in purpose of travel section.(Is uploading travel tickets a good idea.)

Please anyone with experience and has applied recently answer these questions will be really helpful.

Thank u

NewbieToronto

Mar 1, 2021
Hello all,

Hi,

Did you send any email to CIC after you have submitted your application online. Or you just received biometric without sending email to CIC

Thank you

3YrsLeftOnPR

Aug 12, 2020
Hi All!

I am a single/bachelor who moved to Canada 2 Months ago (Dec 2020) as a Permanent Resident in Toronto where my employer relocated me from India to Canada. I am currently in the process of inviting my widow mother via TRV for 1 months duration.

Q1) She is financially dependent on me and thus in my Invitation Letter can I state that I will sponsor her financially (again I am a single/ bachelor person who has an IT Job with 98K CAD per annum (will submit job offer letter)).
Q2) I have already transferred CAD 6000 cash into her Bank Account in India and secured a Bank Financial statement on the letter head. And I believe this will cover her initial trip expenses and rest will be on me when she is here in Canada.
Q3) I understand that irrespective of the funds available in my mother's bank account the primary case of reuniting immediate family members (widow mother) is a primary criteria for issuing TRV, correct me if I am wrong?
Q4) For 1 month trip (15 days of quarantine period) + 15 days stay with me 6000 CAD in her bank account should be good enough, right?
Q5) Earlier when I was in USA both my parents held 10 years of USA Visitor Visa and out of which only my mother came to me visit me and that too for 4 weeks out of the total 10 years. Stating this fact in my invitation letter, would strengthen the case?

Above is my honest situation and request for your expert advise!

Thank you.

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
Well visitor visa apps are on hold since Mar2020. Ircc is not processing visitor visa applications except essential travel. I applied for my mom in Aug2020 to get help with pregnancy. I know people who applied way before me & still waiting

juliapark

Mar 19, 2019
Well visitor visa apps are on hold since Mar2020. Ircc is not processing visitor visa applications except essential travel. I applied for my mom in Aug2020 to get help with pregnancy. I know people who applied way before me & still waiting
I think it depends on the country. My mom's application got processed in a month. ( I applied in April - 2021) Unfortunately, it was denied though :(

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
I think it depends on the country. My mom's application got processed in a month. ( I applied in April - 2021) Unfortunately, it was denied though :(
No. They are just reviewing the applications for docs completion. My friend applied for her husband in Aug2020. It was refused in 2months. She applied again with correct docs in Nov2020, decision still pending.
So, if someone’s application decision is delayed, hopefully there are good chances of approval but only when they will start processing the applications.

sakthiece

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
Hi, is biometrics not required if we get authorization letter from IRCC showing that my parents are coming to Canada for compassionate purpose?
I am trying to apply TRV for my parents in India.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, is biometrics not required if we get authorization letter from IRCC showing that my parents are coming to Canada for compassionate purpose?
Biometrics is mandatory unless you have written authorization for exemptions from PHAC.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Biometrics are no being waived for normal pregnancy

Nickivan

Jan 4, 2018
Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone here is in the same boat as I am. I'm a permanent resident and I applied for a visitors visa for my mum in Feb 2020. Parents are considered immidiate family members and currently exempt from travel restrictions. Since Feb 2020 after biometrics was completed, there has been no single update. I have called IRCC severally and was told to send webforms and emails which I have done. I have sent over 6 webforms since the beginning of the year but havent recieved any update. The funny thing is my husband applied for his parents last month and they both got their visas in less than 4 weeks. My mum is widowed and It just really hurts that they wont review her applications despite all my efforts. I'm just exhausted to be honest. I'm not sure what else to do. It seems there is no pattern to how they review the backlog of applications. SAD

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone here is in the same boat as I am. I'm a permanent resident and I applied for a visitors visa for my mum in Feb 2020. Parents are considered immidiate family members and currently exempt from travel restrictions. Since Feb 2020 after biometrics was completed, there has been no single update. I have called IRCC severally and was told to send webforms and emails which I have done. I have sent over 6 webforms since the beginning of the year but havent recieved any update. The funny thing is my husband applied for his parents last month and they both got their visas in less than 4 weeks. My mum is widowed and It just really hurts that they wont review her applications despite all my efforts. I'm just exhausted to be honest. I'm not sure what else to do. It seems there is no pattern to how they review the backlog of applications. SAD
Did you ever order her GCMS notes to see the status of her file rather than send webforms?