+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa GRANTED!(Wife of PR)

T.Rex87

Feb 12, 2016
Kapar said:
T.Rex87 how did u apply? paper or online?
I applied online in first week of May 2016. After 3 weeks online status updated medical "Passed". still waiting for the decision.

anyone else who applied recently please share your updates

dhillonch

Star Member
Aug 3, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
10-06-2019
T.Rex87 said:
I applied online in first week of May 2016. After 3 weeks online status updated medical "Passed". still waiting for the decision.

anyone else who applied recently please share your updates
Hey i applied 1st week may. Paper application chd vfs. medicals passed on 20th or before (I linked the application on 20th). no other update yet.

T.Rex87

Feb 12, 2016
dhillonch said:
Hey i applied 1st week may. Paper application chd vfs. medicals passed on 20th or before (I linked the application on 20th). no other update yet.
My application was refused last weekend. I will apply again.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
T.Rex87 said:
My application was refused last weekend. I will apply again.
What did you include?

I'm filing one for my wife. Don't have high hopes as she has no assets and isn't working.

T.Rex87

Feb 12, 2016
ImABule said:
What did you include?

I'm filing one for my wife. Don't have high hopes as she has no assets and isn't working.
I included all important documents but still they refused for travel history, family ties and assets. Only concern about our application is travel history. rest of the things are fine and well explained in the application and also employment status. don't know why they refused ..will apply again with more explanation on refusal points.

vnarayan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Hi Everyone,

May be this is not the right forum to post my questions but if someone can help me with the answers for my questions listed below I would really appreciate that. It is quite urgent.

I applied for my wife's PR on 15th July, 2015. Like everyone else who applied around June, July last year, We are also anxiously waiting for the PPR. It is extremely frustrating and irritating that the PR has not yet come especially considering the fact that many people who applied after us and also very similar cases compared to us have got the PR. I tried to contact MP and they still say it is first come first serve basis but I still really don't understand how the process is working at NDVO. Anyway, the positive point at least is that My wife is here on visitor visa and she has US visa as well. We are planning for urgent travel to US in the next week and I wanted to ask following questions and if anyone can help providing answers that would be really helpful

1. Her medicals expire on June 15, 2016. If we get a remed request while we are in states can we do it from there and send the results to CIC? How much time they give to submit the results to CIC after they send the remed request (~ 30 days or sooner than that)?
2. I am not expecting her PPR but lets say she gets PPR by end of June and at that time let us say we are in states can we send our passport from there to Ottawa? How much time normally they give to send the passport to CPC Ottawa after they send out the letter (~ 30 days or before that)?
3. Also, her 1 year multiple entry visa expires on Sep 2, 2016. She is also planning her masters this fall in states. Let us say the PR does not come by then and she is in states can she apply for visitor visa again from US or ask for an extension while she is residing in USA so that she can enter Canada by visitor visa and complete the landing process whenever she gets the PPR and avoid going back to India and coming back?
4. As per my knowledge, she can apply for visitor visa again outside Canada when her visa expires but the problem over here is that both of us might be in USA starting from this Fall 2016. In this case, even if she applies to Canada is it possible that she will get the visitor visa? or when we are both in states and her visa is expired can we submit the passport directly from states to Ottawa on PPR and she completes the landing process from USA? If this is true, then I really need not worry about visitor visa expiry as long as she can do the landing process from USA to Canada and it does not cause any delay to the PR?

Please confirm. It would be great if anyone can help me with the answers.

Looking forward to hear from you guys.

Thanks and Regards,
Vinod

amans2515

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
07-05-2016
File Transfer...
Started processing 13 June 2016
Med's Request
AOR 2: 22-06-2016
hi, can someone please tell me if a visitor visa is not used within six months of getting it.. is it expired?

thanks

T.Rex87

Feb 12, 2016
amans2515 said:
hi, can someone please tell me if a visitor visa is not used within six months of getting it.. is it expired?

thanks
I don't think so, any visa expires according to the expiry date written on it unless it is cancelled by an immigration officer.

T.Rex87

Feb 12, 2016
vnarayan said:
Hi Everyone,

May be this is not the right forum to post my questions but if someone can help me with the answers for my questions listed below I would really appreciate that. It is quite urgent.

I applied for my wife's PR on 15th July, 2015. Like everyone else who applied around June, July last year, We are also anxiously waiting for the PPR. It is extremely frustrating and irritating that the PR has not yet come especially considering the fact that many people who applied after us and also very similar cases compared to us have got the PR. I tried to contact MP and they still say it is first come first serve basis but I still really don't understand how the process is working at NDVO. Anyway, the positive point at least is that My wife is here on visitor visa and she has US visa as well. We are planning for urgent travel to US in the next week and I wanted to ask following questions and if anyone can help providing answers that would be really helpful

1. Her medicals expire on June 15, 2016. If we get a remed request while we are in states can we do it from there and send the results to CIC? How much time they give to submit the results to CIC after they send the remed request (~ 30 days or sooner than that)?
2. I am not expecting her PPR but lets say she gets PPR by end of June and at that time let us say we are in states can we send our passport from there to Ottawa? How much time normally they give to send the passport to CPC Ottawa after they send out the letter (~ 30 days or before that)?
3. Also, her 1 year multiple entry visa expires on Sep 2, 2016. She is also planning her masters this fall in states. Let us say the PR does not come by then and she is in states can she apply for visitor visa again from US or ask for an extension while she is residing in USA so that she can enter Canada by visitor visa and complete the landing process whenever she gets the PPR and avoid going back to India and coming back?
4. As per my knowledge, she can apply for visitor visa again outside Canada when her visa expires but the problem over here is that both of us might be in USA starting from this Fall 2016. In this case, even if she applies to Canada is it possible that she will get the visitor visa? or when we are both in states and her visa is expired can we submit the passport directly from states to Ottawa on PPR and she completes the landing process from USA? If this is true, then I really need not worry about visitor visa expiry as long as she can do the landing process from USA to Canada and it does not cause any delay to the PR?

Thanks and Regards,
Vinod
I'm not one of the experts here but from your questions I'm guessing that you are planning to move to USA with your wife. If you know that sponsor should be residing in Canada until the whole process is completed, you can't leave Canada for a long period. You may leave Canada for short visits. Your wife can apply for visitor visa extension from within Canada. She may not be able to send her passport to Ottawa for visa while she is outside Canada but she may do remedical in USA only through CIC listed physicians available in USA

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
T.Rex87 said:
I'm not one of the experts here but from your questions I'm guessing that you are planning to move to USA with your wife. If you know that sponsor should be residing in Canada until the whole process is completed, you can't leave Canada for a long period. You may leave Canada for short visits. Your wife can apply for visitor visa extension from within Canada. She may not be able to send her passport to Ottawa for visa while she is outside Canada but she may do remedical in USA only through CIC listed physicians available in USA
He can't leave Canada if he is a PR. If he's a Canadian citizen he can move to the states while it processes.

T.Rex87

Feb 12, 2016
ImABule said:
He can't leave Canada if he is a PR. If he's a Canadian citizen he can move to the states while it processes.
Yeah that's right. I didn't explain everything in detail.

and one more thing to the questions from vinod.. i think your wife should be informing CIC regarding her immigration status in USA if she does move there. May be then CIC will direct you with right set of course to complete her landing procedure. or she may directly call on CIC call centre.

vnarayan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Hey guys,

Thanks for your input.

Yes - I am a Canadian citizen. My wife's PR application was filed on July 15, 2015. We are going to be between US and Canada for the next 2 months at least. The picture will be more clear only by Sep 2016 whether we will be moving to US long term or short term. It would be really great if she gets her PR before Sep 2016 like around august 2016. The only thing is that after she moves to US (lets say around Sep) and she gets PPR after that (worst case scenario) and if she wants to do the landing from US instead of India or Canada I just hope it does not cause any delay or complication to the PR process. I really hope all June - July applicants get PR in the next 2 months. I hope GOD is with us and we get some luck around July - August 2016.

Regards,
Vinod

Vikram18

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
31-03-2016 AOR2 Received: 19-04-2016
File Transfer...
07-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-02-2016
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2016
LANDED..........
24-06-2016
vnarayan said:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks and Regards,
Vinod

1. Yes she can do the re-meds in US. She can do re-meds in any part of the world as long as it is from a CIC identified panel physician. Although, sometimes for only a partial re-med, some doctors do not do it and ask you to go to the doctor where you did it for the first time (at least in India that happens). In that case your wife will have to do a full re-meds in US. They give 30 days for re-meds.

2. I am not 100% sure about this one. The PPR says, if you are in Canada, then you can send to Ottawa. Don't know if it can be sent from USA.

3. Yes, she can apply for a new visitor visa from USA.

4. It might be possible that she gets a new visitor visa from USA. But if she already has PPR, then the visitor will not be approved. Again I am not sure about sending passport from USA to Ottawa. If she gets her passport stamped for PR from USA, she can do the landing while coming from USA to Canada, she'll not have to go to India for landing.

There is another member from India in this forum 'BlessedPheonix'. He is also in USA and have the PPR. You can check with him how he is sending his passport for stamping.

yudayter

Jun 12, 2016
congrats for you family..its great...can you tell what kind of documents your send for your wife visitor visa..I'm doing same for my husband but it's nearly impossible to get visitor visa while waiting for sponsorship PR approve.Thanks. Appreciate your help. Btw for getting visa not suppose to be more that 10 days they probably put your documents away somewhere just call them early morning and complain or i would recommend sand fax to them also require action as you waiting too long.Good luck.