Passport Req..
14-Jun-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
1-Jul-2016
rahivirus said:
just got passport request

moreover, my wife wants to travel on visitor visa next week. is it ok if we send the passport to ottawa for the pr visa stamping.

any feedback will be appreciated
I am assuming her plane tickets are already booked... if yes then yea you can send passport to ottawa.
If not booked, then do the passport submission in India itself (faster).

Vikram18

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
31-03-2016 AOR2 Received: 19-04-2016
File Transfer...
07-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-02-2016
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2016
LANDED..........
24-06-2016
rahivirus said:
just got passport request

moreover, my wife wants to travel on visitor visa next week. is it ok if we send the passport to ottawa for the pr visa stamping.

any feedback will be appreciated
In addition to what rambopg said above, you may consider the fact that if your wife enters Canada as a visitor, she may not be allowed to bring in a lot of stuff. When she lands from within Canada, after getting her passport stamped at Ottawa, she'll have to declare the list of stuff which she will have to carry in a later trip.
On the other hand, if your wife gets her visa stamped in India and enter Canada as landing for PR, she can carry as much as she wants.

rmv

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
I am planning to apply new visitor visa because my current work permit in Canada expire soon. So I apply in Canada and also have sent PR application but not yet received any email from them. What I need to include in this visitor visa application? Do I tell about PR application and the truth about wanting to stay in Canada (being with canadian husband while PR is in process)?

wasimkaulas

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Alberta, CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2015
AOR Received.
08-06-2015
File Transfer...
08-08-2015
Med's Request
Remedical 16 may 2016
Med's Done....
21-04-2015
Interview........
26/09/2016
Passport Req..
not yet
Hi Everyone, I am thinking of applying for a visit visa of my wife for the second time coz it was rejected. Her spousal immigration is in process. If her visa gets approved and she is in canada, Can she submit her passport at ottawa office if she gets a passport request or else she has to go back to India to submit through VFS to Delhi office. Please reply me asap...

rsghotra

May 12, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2016
AOR Received.
25-03-2016
File Transfer...
19-04-2016
Passport Req..
11-05-2016, Got Back: 17-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2016
wasimkaulas said:
Hi Everyone, I am thinking of applying for a visit visa of my wife for the second time coz it was rejected. Her spousal immigration is in process. If her visa gets approved and she is in canada, Can she submit her passport at ottawa office if she gets a passport request or else she has to go back to India to submit through VFS to Delhi office. Please reply me asap...
If you are flying to Canada, that is not a problem at all because in the Passport Request letter, they clearly state that if you are in India, use VFS to send the passport to NDVO and if you are planning on being in Canada for 3 months or more, you can get your passport stamped in Ottawa.

sisternaima

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey everyone. I just want to know if bank loans are considered ties to my home country?
Im planning to travel to Canada on a visit visa first week of October for a week and the maturity date of my bank loan
is at the end of October. If my bank loan would jeopardize my application, I can have it settled/paid earlier before
I apply for a visa and would still have enough for the travel costs. But if otherwise, i'll leave it be. Any recommendations?
Thanks.

rambopg

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
25-Jun-2015
File Transfer...
07-Jul-2015
Med's Request
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
24-May-2016
Passport Req..
14-Jun-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
1-Jul-2016
sisternaima said:
hey everyone. I just want to know if bank loans are considered ties to my home country?
Im planning to travel to Canada on a visit visa first week of October for a week and the maturity date of my bank loan
is at the end of October. If my bank loan would jeopardize my application, I can have it settled/paid earlier before
I apply for a visa and would still have enough for the travel costs. But if otherwise, i'll leave it be. Any recommendations?
Thanks.
Actually a bank loan is good for proof! that you will return from Canada. So you should include that in ur visitor visa application.

rambopg

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
25-Jun-2015
File Transfer...
07-Jul-2015
Med's Request
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
24-May-2016
Passport Req..
14-Jun-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
1-Jul-2016
rahivirus said:
yes, her ticket is already booked

but may i know why you mentioned in your comment about INDIA FASTER
Sorry for replying late. The reason I said India is faster for PPR is because Ottawa takes approx. 2 weeks to return passport. While NDVO takes 1 week lol. not a big difference.

client2014

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Uk london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
october 2015
Interview........
january 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
insha Allah soon
hy i am from Pakistan...my husband sponsored me in 2015 but spousal application refused in the end of 2016 because he didn't visit me and didn't have enough pictures togther so we did appeal and will give them new evidence but my question is he want to apply visit visa for me because i am facing hard time in Pakistan and got depression.please tell me what i should do?i will give them medical report..someone share their experience plz...i am waiting..will they give visa or not??...help me i am not working lady...what documents i show??

Mightytonewheel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
client2014 said:
hy i am from Pakistan...my husband sponsored me in 2015 but spousal application refused in the end of 2016 because he didn't visit me and didn't have enough pictures togther so we did appeal and will give them new evidence but my question is he want to apply visit visa for me because i am facing hard time in Pakistan and got depression.please tell me what i should do?i will give them medical report..someone share their experience plz...i am waiting..will they give visa or not??...help me i am not working lady...what documents i show??
You're in a bit of a tough spot. You (not your husband) can apply for a visitor's visa if you like, but it's far from certain that it would be approved. They will not grant you a visa because you have a medical condition. What you really need to do is strongly demonstrate that you intend to return to Pakistan when your visitor's visa expires. Usually, this means having a job, a place to live, and other ties to your home country. The fact that your PR application was rejected may work against you, since it may be perceived that you are trying to circumvent the process by entering the country on a visitor's visa. So the only chance it will be granted is if you have very, very strong and persuasive evidence that you will return to Pakistan.

Hardcookie

Jan 30, 2016
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-11-2016
client2014 said:
Please give it a try. I tried thrice for a visitor visa before we got married but i was refused. Even with proof of a young kid in school with no one else to take care of him, a letter from my employer, payslips and my host taking care of my expenses, they still refused. My husband has been here three times. We are now married and applied for a sponsorship. Though there is no SA yet, he is planning for another visit coz the distance is killing us. I may have to be patient till everything goes through.

Hardcookie

Jan 30, 2016
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-11-2016
Mightytonewheel said:
You're in a bit of a tough spot. You (not your husband) can apply for a visitor's visa if you like, but it's far from certain that it would be approved. They will not grant you a visa because you have a medical condition. What you really need to do is strongly demonstrate that you intend to return to Pakistan when your visitor's visa expires. Usually, this means having a job, a place to live, and other ties to your home country. The fact that your PR application was rejected may work against you, since it may be perceived that you are trying to circumvent the process by entering the country on a visitor's visa. So the only chance it will be granted is if you have very, very strong and persuasive evidence that you will return to Pakistan.
i agree with you mightytonewheel. For our case since it is easier for my husband to visit, we capitalize on this to be together.It can be so tedious but i hope things will work out at the end of it for the loved one to be together.
Good luck to everyone!