+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa GRANTED!(Wife of PR)

desirecanada

Star Member
Nov 29, 2010
innosense said:
Hi,

Yes you can do this. I applied outland while in Canada.
Its almost impossible to get TRV approved after marriage. You can issue an invitation letter as her fiance saying you would like to spend some time together. I would not mention about the marriage in August.

Before she comes to Canada , ask her to get her PCC done. ( it can also be done in Canada through BLS International). Medicals can be done in Canada too.
Hello innosense,

Thanks a lot for your reply. So I will ask my to be wife to apply for travel visa now itself. I have just one more question.
When she comes with me in August she will be married to me. Will this cause any issue during immigration in the Canadian Airport. I mean what do we answer the immigration officer for the question- purpose of your visit ?
As a matter of fact I stay in Edmonton. Would be great if you experienced members could throw some light on this.

Thanks Again,
desirecan

hardworkinglady

Sep 29, 2013
H Tanny Girl,

I am happy to your post and reread it, thank you.

I am married in the Philippines but me and my Ex not in good terms at all since 2005 and no marital obligation at all but no legal separation papers but separated in the since that we both acted as not a couple anymore.

I finally found a Canadian guy that i really loved so dearly 2012 and we had meet in Shanghai last and we are applying a conjugal partner so i can join him in Canada. In your opinion can we apply this type of visa under family class category?

I can be reach at nr_pagduan@yahoo.com and on skype as oplhopes123. I will be very happy to receive your reply. Thank you very much and have a nice day,

Noemi

innosense

Feb 13, 2014
Toronto / Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Aug-2014
File Transfer...
IP: 7-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 30-May-2015
LANDED..........
10-Jun-2015
desirecanada said:
Hello innosense,

Thanks a lot for your reply. So I will ask my to be wife to apply for travel visa now itself. I have just one more question.
When she comes with me in August she will be married to me. Will this cause any issue during immigration in the Canadian Airport. I mean what do we answer the immigration officer for the question- purpose of your visit ?
As a matter of fact I stay in Edmonton. Would be great if you experienced members could throw some light on this.

Thanks Again,
desirecan
Purpose of visit : To visit husband and spend time together after marriage and to tour places in Canada.
Duration of stay : <6 months. Preferable to have a fully refundable return ticket which u can cancel later.

Carry proof that you are planning to apply for PR. Few forms, fee receipt, PCC etc. If they question specifically you can say that you will be applying for PR and you are aware that you cannot overstay and that you will not work or study and do nothing to jeopardize your PR app.

gigalu

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2014
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
File Transfer...
16-01-2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
aumraiya said:
Congrats on this ! Did you purchase return tickets before you applied for the visa ?
Hi aumraiya ,
sorry for the late reply. yes, she did get a dummy ticket from a travel agent. They can do that for some fee. Then they cancel it.
Hope this helps.

Apr 26, 2015
Hi
Im trying to visit my husband in Canada. I applied for PR sponsorship application since 4 months
Im very thrilled to know that someone was able to get a visit visa

I just want to know how can i obtain these 2 documents ?

27. notarized declaration from my husband stating he will pay for my expenses & that I will not be a burden on the Canada.
28. A notarized invitation letter (addressed to VO) from my husband inviting me to visit him in Canada.

Thanks

AH2512

Star Member
Mar 13, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2015 ; Recd by CIC : 16-03-2015
AOR Received.
22-04-2015 ; AOR by NDVO: 25-05-2015
Med's Request
ReMed : 28-01-16
Med's Done....
22-01-2015; ReMed : 30-01-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
14-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-04-2016
I wish I had seen this post earlier !! My husband has for his visitors visa to visit me for my convocation ceremony and we are really hoping he gets atleast a 6 month stay visa!!

I have recd my AOR but no SA yet so we included that email and the UCI and PR application no.. also he took a letter from his employer granting him 2 weeks vacation.. so I am not sure now if he will be only given 2 weeks visitors visa or atleast 1 or 2 months..

Can anyone advice if he does get 1 month visitors visa then can he extend his stay once he is in canada by applying for visitors extension

innosense

Feb 13, 2014
Toronto / Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Aug-2014
File Transfer...
IP: 7-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 30-May-2015
LANDED..........
10-Jun-2015
AH2512 said:
I wish I had seen this post earlier !! My husband has for his visitors visa to visit me for my convocation ceremony and we are really hoping he gets atleast a 6 month stay visa!!

I have recd my AOR but no SA yet so we included that email and the UCI and PR application no.. also he took a letter from his employer granting him 2 weeks vacation.. so I am not sure now if he will be only given 2 weeks visitors visa or atleast 1 or 2 months..

Can anyone advice if he does get 1 month visitors visa then can he extend his stay once he is in canada by applying for visitors extension
Visitor's visa will be issued for 10 years or till the expiry of passport and it will be multiple entry. Duration of stay will be decided at the port of entry. Usually 6 months stay will be granted which can also be extended by doing an online application to extend stay a month before expiry.

AH2512

Star Member
Mar 13, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2015 ; Recd by CIC : 16-03-2015
AOR Received.
22-04-2015 ; AOR by NDVO: 25-05-2015
Med's Request
ReMed : 28-01-16
Med's Done....
22-01-2015; ReMed : 30-01-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
14-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-04-2016
innosense said:
Visitor's visa will be issued for 10 years or till the expiry of passport and it will be multiple entry. Duration of stay will be decided at the port of entry. Usually 6 months stay will be granted which can also be extended by doing an online application to extend stay a month before expiry.
Thank you so much for your response!!

KK6891

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015
Med's Request
1 Upfront-- 2 Re-medical Req on 11-10-2015 &amp; 3 Re-medical on 02-09-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
03-11-2016
Hi Everyone
Thanks God i found this forum. Plz help me guys I am PR holder in Canada. I recently applied for my husband's sponsorship. I got SA 2 weeks ago. I want my husband to visit me. But i have some issues He does not have that good job. He discussed the case with an agent he told my husband not to mention about the job and not even about your PR application if he will apply for tourist visa. :-/
I am concerned about it as i don't want to lie about anything. I have a question
-can my husband show his parents bank statement as he doesn't have any :(
please help me can his parents take the responsibility for his visit? all the expenses ?
Can i mention in the invitation letter the processing time is 36 months for PR and we can't wait that long so grant him visitor visa. i am from PAKISTAN

sam2427

Star Member
May 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
sponserincanada said:
Hi
Im trying to visit my husband in Canada. I applied for PR sponsorship application since 4 months
Im very thrilled to know that someone was able to get a visit visa

I just want to know how can i obtain these 2 documents ?

27. notarized declaration from my husband stating he will pay for my expenses & that I will not be a burden on the Canada.
28. A notarized invitation letter (addressed to VO) from my husband inviting me to visit him in Canada.

Thanks
I have the same questions as well.

People who were successful in getting the TRV, can you please let us know how\where to get these documents prepared? If possible (please, it will be great help), Can you post the invitation letter without the personal information?

thanks again.

deedee33

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Romania
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/QB/Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
5 Mar 2015
File Transfer...
11 Mar 2015
Med's Done....
17 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
31 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
TRV 26 May 2015, PR 14 AUG 2015
LANDED..........
15 AUG 2015 (flag pole landing)
I also just got the visitor visa multiple entries for one year, thanks to this thread. God bless everyone that wrote here!

My husband sent me only one notarized letter of invitation, I think he went at town hall and there they stamped the letter. It was only one page and half or so, he wrote his name, address, employee details, my name etc and he said he wants me to visit him for three months this summer.

He said he will pay everything in Canada and I will pay my airplane tickets and health assurance. I think your husband/wife can write that he pays for everything, I don't think it's any difference. I actually wanted him to write that he supports all the expenses, but he thought this is better.

He didn't sent me any personal letter as he is lazy to write, but I advice you to do like the the person that initiated this thread. Better safe than sorry.

I also added a letter for myself (not notarized, simply a letter that I signed and date at the end) where I wrote that my husband will visit me this summer and then I want to go back with him in Canada for three months. I said that I have the PR in process but it's taking 16 months and I miss my husband. I said that I must come back to emigrate properly and I won't overstay as it's not my interest to ruin my application.

I didn't had any airplane tickets, just itinerary, meaning I looked on site, I added in card the tickets and printed that page, but I didn't actually bought them.

Also, I am self employed and I added last invoices, contracts with customers and I said I must come back anyway in my country to close my firm, which really takes time.

From my husband I had T4, letter from his company with the salary, some more income profs, contract for his apartment, copy of his canadian passport, the sponsorship approval letter and his notarized letter that I said above.

My documents: personal documents all translated and notarized (birth certificate, marriage certificate, national ID, passport in original, previous exprired passports), self employment documents, history of travel with my husband, his tickets for visiting me this summer, my itinerary for Canada summer vacation, I added some 25 photos of us together, a brief search in my email showing thousand of emails between us, last month phone invoice with hours of conversation.

Basically all the documents that are listed in this thread, minus the house ownership because I don't have one :-D

Sorry for my wrong english I am nervous I just got the visa :)

And i asked for multiple entries as I really don't know how long my PR will take so I might need to visit him twice.

It was annoying to prepare again another file almost as big as the first one.. costs something but I took a chance and it worked.

Thanks again to the initiator of this thread, I would have not tried otherwise! Good luck everyone!

bhkr0008

Jul 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
AOR Received.
AOR1 January 9 AOR2 March 3
File Transfer...
17-01-2015
Med's Done....
JUNE 2014/RE-MEDS DONE OCT 2015
Interview........
HOPE NO
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
hi everyone, thank god for this forum..
I am planning to apply for tourist visa for my husband in India but besides all the proof to provide i have some queries..

I am October 23, 2014 sponsor..
- Will applying for TRV affect my PR application?
- If it gets rejected will it have an impact on my PR application, once it does get rejected is it ok to re-apply for a TRV?
- If during his stay in Canada he gets ADR, medical reassessment or PPR can he do them in Canada?
- I herd from some posts here does applying for a tourist visa give a positive impact on the PR application it may not expedite the process but will show the immigration officer that we attempt to meet each other since we will provide visiting details to NDVO once he is here.. is this it true?
- for plane tickets is it ok if we don't provide bcz it doesn't make sense to book if we dont have visa yet or is it necessary to have?
- do we need medical for TRV? bcz my medical expires on June 15th..

Please help!!

deedee33

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Romania
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/QB/Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
5 Mar 2015
File Transfer...
11 Mar 2015
Med's Done....
17 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
31 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
TRV 26 May 2015, PR 14 AUG 2015
LANDED..........
15 AUG 2015 (flag pole landing)
@bhkr0008

Nobody can tell for sure how applying for TRV affect our PR application. We can only guess. My guess is that it doesn't affect. I was scared too what if I get rejected, what if I ruin my application etc, but in the end the process time is 17 months for me, I don't think the people from embassy find it strange that in such conditions I want to visit my husband meanwhile. So I say take your chance.

I have read here for people applying several times and got rejected, but you can hope for the best!

About re doing the medicals, I know for sure these can be done at any panel in the world, people in Romania go to Hungary often to make them, so for sure these can be done in Ca also. ADR I don't know what it is. PPR while he's in Canada, this I cannot say for sure, I saw o forum that on the letter they send it is the possibility to send within Canada, but I cannot say 100% sure. I might be later in that situation, no idea yet.

I send photocopy of my medicals, so if you hurry until 15, you can send these. Anyway I think they won't say anything if they are expired for 3 days or so.. really.

I did not bought plane tickets in advance. I just printed the itinerary, like the page you have before you actually buy the tickets online. I just didn't afford to lose the money in case of rejections. Other people buy them, but they make some deals for refund..

About the positive impact, no idea, I guess only in case they would request us more proof of relationship then we could show that we went on visit and so, other than this, I don't think they care too much. I say take your chance, write a honest letter with your intention and that's it. Good luck!

eminem_n_rihannah99

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Mississauga, Ontario, canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2015
Nomination.....
SA 25-05-2015
AOR Received.
25-03-2015
File Transfer...
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
31-10-2014
Interview........
WAIVED!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPPII!!!!
Passport Req..
13-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
SOOOOONN!!!
LANDED..........
SOON!
tannygirl said:
Hi everyone!

I applied for the Visitor Visa for Canada from India.
I am happy to inform you that IT HAS BEEN GRANTED to me! :D :D :D

My husband (sponsor) and I (principal applicant) have applied for my PR under Family Class.
On the forum I had read several times that it's nearly impossible to be granted a visitor visa while PR application is in process and that there is a 98% rejection rate, but I'm here to say that it's POSSIBLE!
But I applied and I got it!

I have been granted a ONE-YEAR MULTIPLE ENTRY visa to Canada.

What worked for us is that I showed PLENTY of TIES TO HOME and also convinced them that I will not overstay.

Here is a list of documents I submitted- It took a lot of time and energy to gather, but it's been worth it!

IMP: I applied for a travel duration of ONE MONTH. (They usually issue a 6 month visa, but best not to say you'll stay for 6 months!) It has to be long enough that it's believable, but short enough that it doesn't make them feel like you're trying to stay permanently !

Before applying for Canada Tourist Visa, I also applied (and was granted) a 10 year multiple entry visa to the U.S.
I think this carries some amount of weightage so it's probably a good idea to get a US tourist visa before applying for Canada.

My documents:
1. Income Tax Returns for last 4 years ( as many years as you have filed!)
2. As I am a freelancer, so no employer leave letter I submitted-My invoices, Contracts & Purchase orders for my work. (to prove I have ties to home)
3. Aadhar card copy
4. Drivers license copy
5. Pan card copy
6. Marriage certificate
7. PCC for all the countries I have spent more than 6 months in.
8. Visa Medical
9. Bank statements of the last 6 months
10.Car ownership papers (with ongoing loan)
11.Return flight tickets (THIS IS VERY IMP APPARENTLY- NEVER BOOK A ONE WAY TICKET, THEY'LL SURELY REJECT THE VISA)
12.My travel & employment history (same as submitted for the PR visa application)
13.My resume
14.A kick ass cover letter giving reasons why I will not overstay the Visitor Visa and why I have to return to India after my trip.
15.A letter from my dad on a stamp paper saying I will return as per my flight dates.

My husband's documents:
16. His employment letter of confirmation from the company where he works
17. Income Tax Returns filed in Canada
18. Pay stubs from the last 3 months
19. Bank Statements of last 6 months
20. PR Card copy
21. SPONSORSHIP APPROVAL LETTER (Super important)
22. Our travel together (flight tickets, hotel bookings etc)
23. Our photos together from the wedding & before & after the wedding- to establish that our marriage is real!(this is very important too, apparently, one girl told me to send that in because they rejected her visa saying there isn't enough proof of her marriage- even though she submitted her marriage certificate copy!!)
25. Our chat messages from over 1 year (same as submitted for the PR application)
26. Travel insurance that my husband bought for me (in Canada) for the duration of my trip.
27. A notarized declaration from my husband stating he will pay for my expenses & that I will not be a burden on the Canada.
29. A hand written personal invitation from him to me asking me come and visit him (this is a personal letter, with lovey-dovey words about how much he misses me and wants to see me)

The reason why people get rejections is because they're not proving their ties to their home country.
If you can show that you have a lot of things/ people/ property/ assets that are in your home country that you won't just leave behind- they will grant you a visa.

Another thing, in my cover letter, I stated UP FRONT that I have a PR application in the system (gave my UCI etc) and said that I would never do anything to jeopardise my PR application by over staying on a Tourist Visa. I just want to visit my husband since we're newly married and I miss him.

Stay positive and send as many documents as you can.
be truthful and stick to your word if you're granted the Visa-
The VOs are humans too and they can empathise with your feelings, as long as you convince them you're not going overstay, they won't reject you. :)

Good luck & God Speed everyone! 8)

Amazing post! You're sharp!