+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa For Parents With New Portal (Jan 2022)

hiteshkumar1986

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
singapore
NOC Code......
Hi Everyone,

My parent applied for visas in March and there is no response yet. However, they need to fly to the US in the next couple of days due to some emergency.
Would it be possible if they can give a Passport for stamping to the Canadian embassy in the US if a visa is approved?

*Visa applied in Pakistan.

Bhaskarpaliwal

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2015
Med's Done....
7-7-2015
VISA ISSUED...
5-8-2015
LANDED..........
Soon
Congratulations!! When did your eligibility review started
Well. The eligibility didn't start at all.
I applied in January 2022 and soon received a biometrics request. After that, there was dead silence with everything showing under process.
A couple of days ago I get an update that the visa has been approved.

This whole status tracker is useless.

Reactions: Stu234

syeduzairhaider

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I'm going to apply for my mother in law and brother in law visitor visa via new IRCC portal. My wife is expecting in October 2022.

Little confused as people are saying that my mother-in-law and brother-in-law needs to have separate IRCC portal and separate application. Only if my mother-in-law and father-in-law were applying together there application could have been under one.

Can you please help. As we do see an option to include both under one as per below IRCC options.

Do you want to apply for more than 1 person at the same time? (required)
For example, you want to submit an application for yourself, plus your spouse and children who will travel with you or join you later during your stay in Canada.

Yes (I've selected this option)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R3pDt31uXp7xz06Vb2v_7_LLkbl4kHed/view?usp=sharing

Select the type of group that applies to your situation (required)
Family

Also as we're applying for Visitor Visa we have selected the below option:
To visit my grandparent, grandchild, sibling, half-sibling, step-sibling or non-dependent child who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MoZYDsUrcbJpDyA5C_XeVnxjZdERnnQd/view?usp=sharing

Thanks.

salw578

Oct 23, 2020
Hey guys,

My father is the primary applicant for the visitor visa, he has proof of funds.
My mother is a homemaker, should i enter 0 as her funds in her file and mention that she would be dependent on my father?Or
should i just mention the same amount for my mother and father's file and attached my dad's proof of funds on my mother's application?

Thanks in advance! :)

abedin

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2016
AOR Received.
04-05-2016
Med's Done....
22-04-2016
Passport Req..
15-11-2016
Hi, I have applied for parent's visitor visa, the application is in-progress, meanwhile, I have a change in address in Toronto. As my invitation letter had a different address, how do I change my address now?

venkatesh1991

Sep 8, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I am applying visitor visa for my parents which is due to expire in few months

They currently live in India

As I prepare the application, for some reason the document section does not show funds(proof) to upload

Am I missing something in the application?

Thanks a lot