+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for my wife

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
- We both have 12 days in February (16-28) we can take off and is planned time for Karina's school as well.
- When should I apply? Sveta is worried if we apply right after a trip from Canada for child it looks bad and we should wait.What are you thoughts?
I agree with Sveta. You must wait until say mid-December/January before you apply for Karina. Then it won't seem like 'We loved our visit in Canada so much that we are returning super soon.... this time with our daughter ' LOL

All the rest of the same stuff applies
Do post the list of intended documents

I am Karinas Step Father but how does this translate to the family form etc.
Do you have legal guardianship?

Otherwise Sveta would need to apply for her because Karina is a minor + include an authorization letter from Karina's father allowing her to travel abroad + his 24/7 contact information/copy of his passport

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
I agree with Sveta. You must wait until say mid-December/January before you apply for Karina. Then it won't seem like 'We loved our visit in Canada so much that we are returning super soon.... this time with our daughter ' LOL

Do post the list of intended documents

Do you have legal guardianship?

Otherwise Sveta would need to apply for her because Karina is a minor + include an authorization letter from Karina's father allowing her to travel abroad + his 24/7 contact information/copy of his passport
I agree which is why I will start to prepare documents but wont submit it until mid December.

Here is what I plan on submitting with some questions.

1) Day by day itinerary with budget, this time we do plan on visiting my father.
2) School documents
3) Birth certificate.

Now as far as finances goes I suspect they want the family financial statements so mine and Svetas? What about work

Cover letter explaining everything(similar to Svetas)

Karina does have a decent travel history for a child. We have taken her as a family to Italy and Germany for about a week each in addition to Turkey and Egypt.

I am quite familiar with the required documents from her father as we had to apply for a Schengan visa for each trip. He has no issues with this and is not going. He does have significant contact with her.

I can also submit school records

What else do we need? What should we provide for ourselves?

Now as far as I go I would imagine I am still considered family and since I am Canadian I will be on there someplace, Under the proof of relationship should I upload my marriage certificate and explain I am her step father? Do I appear on IMM5645 anywhere?

Any more advice? The plan is for February 16-28, initially we had planned on going to Thailand but half way through this trip Sveta said she wanted to come back and bring Karina. I will be honest if everything goes well this trip we will likely start to process a immigrant application after we are back. Both Sveta and I have some serious ties here we need to resolve so it will take time and much better to do outbound than inbound plus I dont want to disrespect the trust they show us by playing games. I am sure they track these decisions and it goes back to the people who approve applications.

Ted

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
@Bryanna
I realize you're busy and my request is not urgent but I wanted to make sure you saw this.

Thanks again for everything you have done to help

Ted

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna
I realize you're busy and my request is not urgent but I wanted to make sure you saw this.

Thanks again for everything you have done to help

Ted
I read your post a few days ago.... I replied to it in my mind.... without posting it here LOL.

Note to myself: Must reply to you and durraniabii (who has been waiting patiently for a week) today :)

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Lol thanks I am in no rush I just wanted to make sure you saw it. I know your busy and I’m not applying anytime soon but I will start to prepare documents.

Ted

I read your post a few days ago.... I replied to it in my mind.... without posting it here LOL.

Note to myself: Must reply to you and durraniabii (who has been waiting patiently for a week) today :)
I

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1) Day by day itinerary with budget, this time we do plan on visiting my father.
Do include an invitation letter from your dad (even if it is for just a couple of days) + copies of his passport

2) School documents
Please elaborate. These documents are critical for her application. Also include some must-return reason with evidence (such as school exams, an event, etc)

Now as far as finances goes I suspect they want the family financial statements so mine and Svetas?
Yes. Just like you did for Sveta's application: Bank statements (no last-minute deposits + explain any large transfers between accounts) + financial investments (liquid and cash)

What about work
Again, just like what you did for Sveta's application. You and Sveta must prove (with evidence) that both of you have strong work commitments to return to after the intended visit.

You may want to consider including refundable/date change allowed plane tickets for all three of you.

Cover letter explaining everything(similar to Svetas)
Reference evidence and explanations for each point

Karina does have a decent travel history for a child. We have taken her as a family to Italy and Germany for about a week each in addition to Turkey and Egypt.
You must prepare a 'Travel History' explanation for the last 10 years (reverse chronological sequence) for all countries. I had mentioned the format earlier in this thread.

I am quite familiar with the required documents from her father as we had to apply for a Schengan visa for each trip. He has no issues with this and is not going. He does have significant contact with her.
You must include an authorization letter from him + copy of his passport + 24/7 contact details

Now as far as I go I would imagine I am still considered family and since I am Canadian I will be on there someplace, Under the proof of relationship should I upload my marriage certificate and explain I am her step father?
Yes, you must.

Do I appear on IMM5645 anywhere?
Yes, in Section A (as her step-dad) + include an explanation.

Do post the complete list of documents that you intend to submit

Manpreet_2233

Nov 2, 2017
Hi,

Cover letter (from your wife):
Formal tone, addressed to the visa officer, information set out in sections, point-wise information (do avoid long sentences as the visa officer may not have the time to read everything).

Suggested sections:
1. Applicant details + Host details

2. Purpose of my visit/Proposed itinerary and expense estimates + Why I would like to visit in XX month

3. Funds available for my visit

4. My strong ties to Ukraine (her employment + daughter + property ownership (parents' house) + parents especially if they are dependent on her financially/their well-being, etc)

5. Why I must return to Ukraine by XX date i.e. your employment/work permit ties + her employment ties + proofs of your plane tickets back to the Ukraine (refundable) + any other similar reasons

6. My previous travel history (tabular format for visa details + entry/exit dates + purpose of each visit)..... chronological order, last 10 years max

Cheers
Helpful :)