+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for my wife

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
If you get a moment to review the above information and any changes I should make I will be very thankful

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Here are my suggestions:
My strong ties to Ukraine

My ties to Ukraine

- My daughter, Karina Popsii, is here and will remain in the care of my parents until my return

- My parents are here

- Both my Daughter and my Parents rely on us for financial support and general well being

This could be reworked to:
Explanation XX: My strong ties to Ukraine

Family Ties:
1. My daughter, Karina Popsii, age 10 years, minor, student of Grade XX in XX school, City, Ukraine

Evidence XX:
a. Birth certificate of my daughter
b. Family card: Resides at the same address as myself
c. School tuition fees for academic year XX-YZ
d. She will be temporarily cared for by my parents during my visit to Canada.
e. I must return by XX date as she has school examinations scheduled in XX month (or any other such reason).

2. My parents, Mr.ABCD (my father, age XX years, Ukrainian national) and Mrs.XYZ (my mother, age XX years, Ukrainian national), are dependent on me financially and for their well-being.

Evidence XX:
a. My birth certificate
b. Family card/Passport copies
c. My bank statement, transaction date XX that shows I paid for their medical insurance/utilities (as applicable)

Employment Ties:
Employed at Company ABCD since date/year as Job Title

Evidence XX:
a. Employment letter issued on XX date (i.e. 5 years ago)
b. Leave approval letter from my employer from XX date to XX date
c. Salary slips for XX month - XX month
d. Bank statement from XX month to XX month that confirms the salary transfers
e. Income tax returns for the previous two financial years
f. I must return to my employment on November 20, 2017 for XX reason (evidence attached) + appraisal/salary hike/training/scheduled visit to another country after she returns from Canada (do include any other reasons, if possible)

Reactions: GlobetrotterNG

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Ok not all of these apply, school is free so there is no tution(I want to send her to private school but there isn't one in my city) but I can use this format.

I would expect a similar format for my ties to Ukraine.

Does the other two sections look good?

You are very good at this:) I'm beyond impressed.

Here are my suggestions:

This could be reworked to:
Explanation XX: My strong ties to Ukraine

Family Ties:
1. My daughter, Karina Popsii, age 10 years, minor, student of Grade XX in XX school, City, Ukraine

Evidence XX:
a. Birth certificate of my daughter
b. Family card: Resides at the same address as myself
c. School tuition fees for academic year XX-YZ
d. She will be temporarily cared for by my parents during my visit to Canada.
e. I must return by XX date as she has school examinations scheduled in XX month (or any other such reason).

2. My parents, Mr.ABCD (my father, age XX years, Ukrainian national) and Mrs.XYZ (my mother, age XX years, Ukrainian national), are dependent on me financially and for their well-being.

Evidence XX:
a. My birth certificate
b. Family card/Passport copies
c. My bank statement, transaction date XX that shows I paid for their medical insurance/utilities (as applicable)

Employment Ties:
Employed at Company ABCD since date/year as Job Title

Evidence XX:
a. Employment letter issued on XX date (i.e. 5 years ago)
b. Leave approval letter from my employer from XX date to XX date
c. Salary slips for XX month - XX month
d. Bank statement from XX month to XX month that confirms the salary transfers
e. Income tax returns for the previous two financial years
f. I must return to my employment on November 20, 2017 for XX reason (evidence attached) + appraisal/salary hike/training/scheduled visit to another country after she returns from Canada (do include any other reasons, if possible)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes, do rework your ties to the Ukraine along similar lines as what I had suggested. You'll need to cross-reference evidence + provide your company name/registration details/etc. to back the statements + tone it to a more formal/business style

When you rework it, please don't post any personal information (for example, the name of your company) as this is a public forum

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Now with regard to the living address, we are all registered at the same address, her parents address but Sveta, myself and Karina live in the apartment Sveta and I have rented.

How do I handle this?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I seem to have missed it:
1. Does Sveta co-own her parents' home? Or pay council taxes, utilities for it (for example)?

2. You can provide copies of the rent agreement for your current address (not Sveta's parents' home) + any other proofs that Sveta, Karina and you live at this address

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
1) yes she does and she does pay utilities on it. Plus her and I have paid for significant renovations on it. By significant about 6500 US dollars in the past year which is a fair bit in this area. That's a full new kitchen and fence and most recently a complete renovation on a bedroom. The kitchen was done completely by a professional and I could easily get a contract for it in her name I think.

2) sveta and my name are on the lease. The current one runs until January but we have been in this apartment since July 5th, 2016. There is no documents that I know of that would show Karina lives here since we are all registered at her parents address.

In Ukraine most landlords refuse to let you register at a rental. They are afraid you will try to steal the apartment. So it's easy and free to just register at her parents house. We have recently renovated a room there and her father has been trying to convince her to move us back. Not sure I want to lol.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1) yes she does and she does pay utilities on it. Plus her and I have paid for significant renovations on it. By significant about 6500 US dollars in the past year which is a fair bit in this area. That's a full new kitchen and fence and most recently a complete renovation on a bedroom. The kitchen was done completely by a professional and I could easily get a contract for it in her name I think.
She could include property co-ownership (her parents' home, her percentage share and the indicative market value) + 1-2 recent proofs for paying the utilities + contract and bank statement to prove that both of you paid for the renovations

2) sveta and my name are on the lease. The current one runs until January but we have been in this apartment since July 5th, 2016.
Copy of the lease agreement + 2-3 months receipts + bank statement that proves these payments

There is no documents that I know of that would show Karina lives here since we are all registered at her parents address.
Maybe some document provided to her school?

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Pretty easy to get documents showing us paying.

Also pretty easy to get payments receipts for the apartment and we pay all the utilities

I'll ask sveta about school.

Once again your advice is very appreciated.

1) yes she does and she does pay utilities on it. Plus her and I have paid for significant renovations on it.

2) sveta and my name are on the lease. The current one runs until January but we have been in this apartment since July 5th, 2016. There is no documents that I know of that would show Karina lives here since we are all registered at her parents address.

In Ukraine most landlords refuse to let you register at a rental. They are afraid you will try to steal the apartment. So it's easy and free to just register at her parents house. We have recently renovated a room there and her father has been trying to convince her to move us back. Not sure I want to lol.
She could include 1-2 recent proofs for paying the utilities + contract and bank statement to prove that both of you paid for the renovations

Copy of the lease agreement + 2-3 months receipts + bank statement that proves these payments

Maybe some document provided to her school?

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Thank you Bryanna and everyone else for your advice. I filed on the 19 of September and we got passport request today.

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Got the passport back ... multi entry until 2026 ... Thanks everyone for your help especially you Bryanna it is a great day.

Now for a trip to Canada and try for an American one ... This one will be harder because we want to bring her daughter which will reduce her tires to Ukraine but I am hoping a trip to Canada plus the fact they gave her such a long term visa will help the Americans.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Got the passport back ... multi entry until 2026 ... Thanks everyone for your help especially you Bryanna it is a great day.
Super fantastic!!! Guess her TRV is valid until the passport expiry.

You worked pretty hard to get her application perfect. Congrats :):)

Now for a trip to Canada and try for an American one ... This one will be harder because we want to bring her daughter which will reduce her tires to Ukraine but I am hoping a trip to Canada plus the fact they gave her such a long term visa will help the Americans.
If you need help for Karina's TRV app then do ask

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Super fantastic!!! Guess her TRV is valid until the passport expiry.

You worked pretty hard to get her application perfect. Congrats :):)

If you need help for Karina's TRV app then do ask
I will let us make a western trip first ... Karina is very jealous of her mom and wants to go .. but is also old enough to understand why she is staying this time, we promised her next time.

And yes until her passport expires and it was a fairly new passport ... new last year after a unfortunate Italy trip where we all had passports stolen :(