+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for my wife

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I will let us make a western trip first ... Karina is very jealous of her mom and wants to go .. but is also old enough to understand why she is staying this time, we promised her next time.
LOL. Karina's TRV chances would be better after you and Sveta return to Ukraine after this visit

And yes until her passport expires and it was a fairly new passport ... new last year after a unfortunate Italy trip where we all had passports stolen :(
Sveta has good travel history. That must have certainly helped for the favorable decision

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
LOL. Karina's TRV chances would be better after you and Sveta return to Ukraine after this visit

Sveta has good travel history. That must have certainly helped for the favorable decision
We like to travel and it wont change .. we have at least 3 trips planned after this one .. our annual trip to Paris early April and sometime next year we all want to go to the USA.

She still cant believe it was this long .. we had a bet after it looked like an approve she was convinced it was going to be for 6 months (she works as a Travel agent so she helps people get visa a lot .. especially before Ukraine got visa liberalization to Europe) and she knows most Ukrainians regard a Canadian visa as one of if not the hardest to get.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
We like to travel and it wont change .. we have at least 3 trips planned after this one .. our annual trip to Paris early April and sometime next year we all want to go to the USA.
For Karina, I suggest she applies/gets a US B1/B2 first.... before applying for a TRV next year.

When she applies for the TRV, I suggest her itinerary looks like Ukraine >> Canada >> US (your Arizona home could be included in her TRV app)>> Ukraine

She still cant believe it was this long .. we had a bet after it looked like an approve she was convinced it was going to be for 6 months (she works as a Travel agent so she helps people get visa a lot .. especially before Ukraine got visa liberalization to Europe) and she knows most Ukrainians regard a Canadian visa as one of if not the hardest to get.
Yup, it is mostly difficult for Ukrainians to get TRVs + a Canadian spouse makes it even more challenging to get an approval

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
For Karina, I suggest she applies/gets a US B1/B2 first.... before applying for a TRV next year.

When she applies for the TRV, I suggest her itinerary looks like Ukraine >> Canada >> US (your Arizona home could be included in her TRV app)>> Ukraine

Yup, it is mostly difficult for Ukrainians to get TRVs + a Canadian spouse makes it even more challenging to get an approval
Yes our plan is to get both of them a B1/B2 to USA... I hope this trip and the information and notes Canada makes in their system convince the Americans we wont stay. I think Karina cares more about going to California than Toronto anyways shes a pretty typical 11 year old.

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Hollywood and Disneyland!! :):)

This trip will certainly help for the US B1/B2. Fingers crossed they get their visas
Thanks and thanks again .. that visa is deceptively simple to fill out .. I have helped a lot here apply but its just a fairly simple form I am unsure what information they use since last time we applied they didn't even look at her documents.

I suspect they look at a lot of stuff before the actual visa interview and by then its mostly decided but I felt comforted doing the Canadian visa where we uploaded everything ... I have no idea if they Canadians actually looked at anything the Americans dont. I just like the idea the Americans can see her Canadian file.

and yes Hollywood .. beaches and Disneyland ... plus shes 11 so she watches bloggers all the time and the Ukrainians seem to like California.

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017

Quick question for you Bryanna .. when I go to Canada in about a month what documents do I bring for POE?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Quick question for you Bryanna .. when I go to Canada in about a month what documents do I bring for POE?
Sveta will need to bring a set of the documents submitted for the TRV (just in case) + finances (cash, credit card, traveler's checks, etc) + a confirmed return ticket + it's a good idea to buy an overseas travel medical insurance policy for the Americas

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Sveta will need to bring a set of the documents submitted for the TRV (just in case) + finances (cash, credit card, traveler's checks, etc) + a confirmed return ticket + it's a good idea to buy an overseas travel medical insurance policy for the Americas
Ok I can bring it in a package ... the ticket is obvious and she will have a medical policy ... likely the bulk of our trip will be on my bank I dont transfer much more than necessary to Ukraine for security (banks in Ukraine have a habit of shutting down and they dont have insurance lol) reasons but she should have a few thousand USD

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Ok I can bring it in a package ... the ticket is obvious and she will have a medical policy ... likely the bulk of our trip will be on my bank I dont transfer much more than necessary to Ukraine for security (banks in Ukraine have a habit of shutting down and they dont have insurance lol) reasons but she should have a few thousand USD
That's good. She should have cash or cards to prove just in case she is asked

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
That's good. She should have cash or cards to prove just in case she is asked
Bryanna what experience do you have with American Visas ... since we are spending so much of our trip at Niagara falls I am wondering if its not worth asking for one and spending 1 maybe 2 days over there ... shes terrified of the visa so if this just results in another denial I will have a hard time convincing her to apply again.

If you have experience with this do you think they would grant it? I know they will see her Canadian file and understand what their thought processes are.

Thanks again

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Bryanna what experience do you have with American Visas ... since we are spending so much of our trip at Niagara falls I am wondering if its not worth asking for one and spending 1 maybe 2 days over there ... shes terrified of the visa so if this just results in another denial I will have a hard time convincing her to apply again.

If you have experience with this do you think they would grant it? I know they will see her Canadian file and understand what their thought processes are.

Thanks again
It's quite challenging for Ukrainians to be issued US visas, but not impossible.

You'll need to prepare the paperwork/application along the same lines as what you did for her TRV: Strong finances, including funds to afford the visit + her strong ties to Ukraine + well-defined purpose of visit, etc.

They'll run checks on you + her before she gets to the interview. Questions could be more inclined towards you (and not her strong ties, etc) + her Canada visit at the interview. Documents may not get asked/checked at the interview

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
It's quite challenging for Ukrainians to be issued US visas, but not impossible.

You'll need to prepare the paperwork/application along the same lines as what you did for her TRV: Strong finances, including funds to afford the visit + her strong ties to Ukraine + well-defined purpose of visit, etc.

They'll run checks on you + her before she gets to the interview. Questions could be more inclined towards you (and not her strong ties, etc) + her Canada visit at the interview. Documents may not get asked/checked at the interview
Ok I will try. I can prepare exactly the same items plus of course they will have full access to her Canadian file and report back.

And yes in my experience talking to friends with Ukrainian wives your right they find their ways in and often get asked more questions than her. I guess if we stay she stays

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Ok we went to Canada and just got back, would like to plan another trip with her daughter

Bryanna you mentioned you can help me understand what documents I would need for her.

Here is the thinking maybe you can correct me I would rather not get her a refusal

- We both have 12 days in February (16-28) we can take off and is planned time for Karina's school as well.
- When should I apply? Sveta is worried if we apply right after a trip from Canada for child it looks bad and we should wait.What are you thoughts?

All the rest of the same stuff applies

I am Karinas Step Father but how does this translate to the family form etc.

Thanks again

Ted