Visitor Visa for my wife

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Ok here is the background

- I am a Canadian citizen
- Married to a Ukrainian woman
- We both live in Ukraine
- I also work for my company in Ukraine and hold a valid work permit for Ukraine.
- married for a year, lived with her in Ukraine for almost 2

About her

- she has traveled around Europe including U.K., Germany, Italy, Poland, France.
- Never overstayed
- she did get turned down for a US visa about 18 months ago before we got married.
- She has a daughter who will not be joining us.
- She has been employeed for 4 years with same employer but does not have a high wage.

We want to visit Canada for a week in ether October or November. Go to Toronto visit Niagria etc. likely 8 nights

What's the best approach, from what I see I can sponsor her. We really want this visa, I very much want to show her Canada.

Advice?

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014

- I also work for my company in Ukraine and hold a valid work permit for Ukraine.

About her

- she has traveled around Europe including U.K., Germany, Italy, Poland, France.
- Never overstayed
- she did get turned down for a US visa about 18 months ago before we got married.
- She has been employeed for 4 years with same employer but does not have a high wage.

We want to visit Canada for a week in ether October or November. Go to Toronto visit Niagria etc. likely 8 nights

What's the best approach, from what I see I can sponsor her. We really want this visa, I very much want to show her Canada.

Advice?
There is no such thing as "sponsoring" for TRVs. As you are a marriage it is assumed both incomes are managed communaly, therefore you cannot "cover her expenses".

She needs to prove she is not planning to immigrate with you to Canada, which seems quite easy as she is well established in Ukraine. Include an invitation letter where you will mention your plans to not move to Canada, show evidence that she has been employed, for how long, her income and when she is expected to be back. Also include anything that proves you are well established in Ukrain, for example land deeds, bank accounts, investments, mortgage, car insurance, etc. etc. anything that shows you have a life difficult to abandoned.

Seems like a straight forward application. There should be no problems.

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Ok so how should I write a letter

We don't own an apartment, she does have ownership in her parents house though but we don't live there. We have a long term lease on our apartment together.

Mail ties is her long term job, we are leaving her daughter behind and my employment in Ukraine which includes employing 5 local workers.

I make 99.5 % of our income.

I have also not lived in Canada for 12 years. 10 in USA (I am als a citizen there) and two in Ukraine. I have a father in Canada still but he's in Alberta not Ontario.

Anything else I should say?

Thanks a lot

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Hmm I had a reply from someone but it disappeared.

Anyways they gave a link to a invitation letter. Is that appropriate? It seem since we are married our finances are mingled and I would be good to write a explanation letter to our situation including myself which I have fairly good ties to Ukraine as well.

T

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Since the daughter is not joining, i think that is a plus point. It is the Tie to Ukraine. Make sure to highlight that on the application with a cover letter.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Ok so how should I write a letter
Just state the nature of your trip, in your case why you are not visiting your family, why Canada, what are your plans and why you will leave at the end of your trip.

We don't own an apartment, she does have ownership in her parents house though but we don't live there. We have a long term lease on our apartment together.
Lease is perfect. Make sure both names appear.

Ownership in parents home is good.

Mail ties is her long term job, we are leaving her daughter behind and my employment in Ukraine which includes employing 5 local workers.
Evidence of your and her work ties is good.

I make 99.5 % of our income.
All is treated as a family income.

I have also not lived in Canada for 12 years. 10 in USA (I am als a citizen there) and two in Ukraine. I have a father in Canada still but he's in Alberta not Ontario.
Explain why.

Anything else I should say?
The letter of invitation is short. Everything you say should be backed up by documents. Documents should talk by themselves and is preferred that explanations are not needed (it should be obvious from reading the documents provided).

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa

About her

- Never overstayed

Advice?
my message was deleted by system
go to your Canadian VAC in Kyiv Ukraine Email id : info.canukr@vfshelpline.com
+38 044 594 96 60
+38 050 323 85 72
vfs global ukraine (authorize by canada's gouverment) they work like consulate
Canada Visa Application Centre
60 Kyrylivska Street (8 Zavodska Street)
Kyiv, 04080

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Ok thank you all.

So the letter .. should it be written formally or is a less formal approach better? Do I need a separate explanation letter and a invitation letter? I dont live in Canada so I am not really inviting her?

Rest is quite straight forward ... we are assembling the documents now. One of my side businesses is doing Immigration visas for my American clients, (I am an CA/CPA (Canada and USA) who does foreign taxes) here in Kiev ... whats funny is I tell my clients if your relationship is real dont worry ... its easy to prove a real relationship and much harder to prove a marriage for immigration purposes alone ... I would have to believe the same is true here .. its much easier to prove a real touristic trip where we really do have no intention of staying .. where a false trip would be harder to prove ... I would also assume the consular officers have so much experience seeing whats real and whats not they know what warning signs to look for.

We would love to bring her daughter but getting her a visa is much more important ... once she has been there and back we might try for a visa for her daughter.

I really do appreciate your help ... when I do visas for others .. when she did Schengen visas for her clients (she is a travel agent) ... its easier .. when its for us we get just as worried and nervous as our clients get.

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
One question filling out the visa application itself .. Question 4. Name, address and relationship of people or institutions we will visit. Do I list exactly the hotels or ? we will stay .. plan was to Visit Niagria falls .. wine country then toronto .. I also know there is a section for our travel plans ... how detailed do I need to get in this section?

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
So the letter .. should it be written formally or is a less formal approach better? Do I need a separate explanation letter and a invitation letter? I dont live in Canada so I am not really inviting her?
As you wish, look for templates online.

Explanation letter should be submitted by your wife. Invitation letter is from you. You are inviting her to go with you.

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
I understand the explanation should come from her ... I will still end up being the one to write it from her perspective.

What I would like to understand is should we explain our entire situation in it, from her perspective? From her relationship to me and my ties to Ukraine to her ties (daughter and work and parents) etc ... I just want the best possible outcome as you would expect :)

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
go to your Canadian VAC in Kyiv Ukraine Email id : info.canukr@vfshelpline.com
+38 044 594 96 60
+38 050 323 85 72
vfs global ukraine (authorize by canada's gouverment) they work like consulate
Canada Visa Application Centre
60 Kyrylivska Street (8 Zavodska Street)
Kyiv, 04080
I understand that but we don't live in Kiev and the only item I really need advice on at present is the cover letter. It would be a 2 day trip minimum and i don't really want to spend that time.

I just would like to know how it should be formatted. People in this forum seem to be very well experienced with the process and likely would have better responses than I would receive from the consular staff there.

Do I have the tone formal or informal and how long or how much information should I include?

Thanks again

Ted

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Do I have the tone formal or informal and how long or how much information should I include?
Hi,

Cover letter (from your wife):
Formal tone, addressed to the visa officer, information set out in sections, point-wise information (do avoid long sentences as the visa officer may not have the time to read everything).

Suggested sections:
1. Applicant details + Host details

2. Purpose of my visit/Proposed itinerary and expense estimates + Why I would like to visit in XX month

3. Funds available for my visit

4. My strong ties to Ukraine (her employment + daughter + property ownership (parents' house) + parents especially if they are dependent on her financially/their well-being, etc)

5. Why I must return to Ukraine by XX date i.e. your employment/work permit ties + her employment ties + proofs of your plane tickets back to the Ukraine (refundable) + any other similar reasons

6. My previous travel history (tabular format for visa details + entry/exit dates + purpose of each visit)..... chronological order, last 10 years max

Cheers

Reactions: GlobetrotterNG

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Host details, now is this me? Or the arrangements we will make in Canada

Rest looks about how I was things of preparing it and thank you very much.

Bryanna what do you think about my application are we going to have difficulty?

Thanks everyone for your time and advice it is very much appreciated.

Hi,

Cover letter (from your wife):
Formal tone, addressed to the visa officer, information set out in sections, point-wise information (do avoid long sentences as the visa officer may not have the time to read everything).

Suggested sections:
1. Applicant details + Host details

2. Purpose of my visit/Proposed itinerary and expense estimates + Why I would like to visit in XX month

3. Funds available for my visit

4. My strong ties to Ukraine (her employment + daughter + property ownership (parents' house) + parents especially if they are dependent on her financially/their well-being, etc)

5. Why I must return to Ukraine by XX date i.e. your employment/work permit ties + her employment ties + proofs of your plane tickets back to the Ukraine (refundable) + any other similar reasons

6. My previous travel history (tabular format for visa details + entry/exit dates + purpose of each visit)..... chronological order, last 10 years max

Cheers

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Her parents do rely on us for financial support but I suspect they would be fine if we were not here. I don't want to lie on anything so we can discuss our financial support of them but I wouldn't want to get to heavy in how they can't live without us.