+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Application (using the new IRCC Portal) INDIA updates

samar4187

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
Hello Everyone,

We applied for my parent's visitor visa in August 2021, didn't hear anything for 2 months. Someone suggested to re-apply so we applied again on 31st Oct - online application through CIC account (didn't know that there is a new portal).

Got Biometrics request in 3 days, we got their Biometrics done last week. Waiting for a response now.

Can someone please help me understand that do we need to apply only through new portal or this application is fine?

How long should we expect to wait for a response?

** Note: Their previous visa expired in April 2021 **

Thanks in advance for your response.

Sam

mohini29

Jun 14, 2019
How long is it taking from passport being received by IRCC office in Delhi to receiving the stamped passport back?

HusainS

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Bombay
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa/New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-06-2017
AOR Received.
17-06-2017
File Transfer...
09-08-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Hi guys. I need some help. I’m stuck at the US visa section. My parents have a US visa in their old passport. The passports were renewed in January. But, the portal won’t let me go back far enough with the dates. Their old passport was issued in May 2011.

Nevu20

May 12, 2019
What's the current processing time post Biometric submission till PPR for applicants from India?

COR - India
Purpose - Family Reunification (extended family). Visiting sister who is a PR
Applied through new portal.
Have shown strong home ties to COR by showing 6 months bank statements, 6 months payslips, proof of employment, leave approval with job rejoining date mentioned, return ticket

AOR - 23rd October, 2021
BIL - 25th October, 2021
Biometric submission - 8th Nov, 2021

No updates since then.

Is there a whatsapp group for tracking the ongoing applications?

Fabia

Apr 26, 2014
I am looking for some help in submitting a visitor Visa Application for my child
we are waiting for the PR application to be approved and it is not progressing after AOR, so instead of waiting we want to apply the visitor Visa for our son
I am using the New IRCC portal to submit the TRV application and it has the following

A copy of a letter from the person that you will depend on financially during your stay in Canada.

The letter must include the amount of money this person will be providing, plus proof that this person has sufficient funds. This can be one or more of the following:

Could someone help me with a letter sample that i can provide in this section

Thanks

borg_drone

Nov 26, 2017
I applied for my visitor visa on 16 oct., biometric done in 2019. No update until now
I just applied on Nov 23rd on the IRCC secure portal. Did not realize there was a new portal out there. No idea on what to do. Considering the situation, I will probably never hear from anyone again.

Shiva869

Feb 8, 2021
I'm a PR holder (COPR) and residing in Canada and my wife Open Permit extension in progress. She is pregnant and would like to invite Mother-in-law and father-in-law for support after delivery. My question, As a son-in-law can I submit Visitor request for both of them under my profile? Do I need to select the option as Representative and release to information to approved person? Can you please share the new visitor visa portal details.

Note: In-laws are in India

ipkonfig

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
I just applied on Nov 23rd on the IRCC secure portal. Did not realize there was a new portal out there. No idea on what to do. Considering the situation, I will probably never hear from anyone again.
Applications submitted via GC Key (after September 7 2021) are also being processed at the same pace as the IRCC portal.

Annamusam

Nov 17, 2020
Applied Oct 2,2021
Medical Oct 28,2021
Refusal Nov 28,2021

reason: home ties and purpose of visit

anyone reapplied after refusal?

Susmit M

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
Some people have got refunds. IRCC refunds when processing is not started. But dont count on this. As you they are in complete mess.

devsamas

Oct 18, 2021
Any updates on TRV in this week ? I applied on Oct 10th , submitted biometrics on Oct 18th and no update till now.

khusheek

Nov 28, 2021
Hi @VinothSampath,

Did your friend file both old and new Visitor VISA application through GCKey or new IRCC portal? Anyone has heard about reapplying Visitor VISA for spouse using gckey portal if one application is already in progress? Primary applicant has approved work permit but hasn't travelled to Canada till now.

khusheek

Nov 28, 2021
Applications submitted via GC Key (after September 7 2021) are also being processed at the same pace as the IRCC portal.
were both applications filed via old gckey portal ? can we file another VISITOR VISA application if there is already one visitor application in progress (filed in Feb 2021) ?