How much chance to get approval ?

VisitorV

Dec 4, 2021
Hi, here is my mother's timeline for visitor visa using gc key from new delhi:
applied on- 13 October 21
Biometric done- 3 November
Biometric updated on- 7 December 21
In process since then.
It has crossed processing time already. She raised web forms and emailed delhi high commission as well, but all in vain.
We are thinking of re applying through new portal. The question is can we use the same bank statements as used when filled the application in October since they are valid till 6 months?
Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Jp4747

Dec 30, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I am PR and my parents already have visitor visa, My sister applied for visitor visa in Sept 2021 through GCKEY portal and we are still waiting for result. Should we wait on old application or apply in the new IRCC portal? Thank you in advance

Maxim58

Mar 8, 2022
applied for parents on Feb 15th
Passports requested on Mar 1st
Passports have been delivered at Hyd VFS on March 7th
However, no response from that time. Actually they should be sending the passports from VFS Hyderabad to either B'LORE or DELHI..
UPDATE:
Continuation to the above timelines:
March 9th: Passports have been dispatched to B'lore VFS
March 9th: Passports have been received at B'lore VFS
March 9th: Passports have been dispatched to IRCC B'lore
March 10th: Passports have been received at IRCC B'lore and under process
March 12th: Decision has been made; Application has been approved.

Note: all these while from HYD-B'lore time frame, the Tracking IDs provided didn't work for some reason; Updates have been received only through Email and SMS.

Bharatiy

Mar 17, 2022
hey guys, any idea if we can submit passport for stamping in USA (visa applied in India). my parents travelled to USA meanwhile VISA is getting processed. Yesterday received PPT for visa, Can I submit passport at LA VAC?
Could you submit the passport in US ?

thomas06

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Hello guys
Anyone who applied for a visitor visa from India and spouse is working in Canada under PGWP.
I saw the above messages and the processing time as per the IRCC portal is less than 3 weeks.

thomas06

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Hi there,
Is there anyone who recently got approval for a Visitor visa through IRCC's new portal?
Please share the timeline.
My wife is holing PGWP and planning to apply for Vv from India.

Firebeard55

Star Member
Feb 14, 2022
Applied on march 4 with portal. Biometrics transfered over from old application. Got BVL on march 14 no update after that.

Feb 16, 2023
Hi i applied for my husband’s visit visa in the new ircc portal . He has given his biometrics in December 2022 so I selected that biometric still valid. Biometrics haven’t been updated in his application yet . Any idea when old biometrics are updated in the application ?

Peter 23

Jun 19, 2023
By review status did you mean Review of eligibility?

It changed from "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility" to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" yesterday.

Attaching a screenshot of how the profile looks like right now.

Hello good day, after the change of Eligibility how many weeks or months it takes to get approved?

I mean your visa application

Waiting for your respond.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello good day, after the change of Eligibility how long does it take to get approved?

I mean your visa application

Waiting for your respond.

Thanks.
Depends on your country and its processing times. Are all other steps completed like background? Expect weeks or months.

Peter 23

Jun 19, 2023
By review status did you mean Review of eligibility?

It changed from "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility" to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" yesterday.

Attaching a screenshot of how the profile looks like right now.

Hello good day,

Did ur background check change from Day1 you applied?
waiting for your respond.

Thanks.