+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Application (using the new IRCC Portal) INDIA updates

Thanos007

Star Member
Nov 29, 2020
Hi all,

Please share any timeline updates for visitor visa application if you applied from INDIA on the new portal!

liselle08

Aug 12, 2019
I'm a PR holder and I applied for a visitor visa for my parents in Dec 2020 for my parents but could only do the biometrics in august 2021, no updates yet. Does anyone know how long it'll take or if there's anyway to find out?

Thanos007

Star Member
Nov 29, 2020
I'm a PR holder and I applied for a visitor visa for my parents in Dec 2020 for my parents but could only do the biometrics in august 2021, no updates yet. Does anyone know how long it'll take or if there's anyway to find out?
You didn’t get notification to apply on new portal? I think you should call them or submit a web form. It should not take So much time.

amirshaikh88

May 17, 2016
You didn’t get notification to apply on new portal? I think you should call them or submit a web form. It should not take So much time.
I am in same boat. Applied for parents visitor visa Jan 2021 - biometrics done August last week.
Do we really have to reapply on new portal (IRCC i assume) ? or is there longer waiting period.

Reactions: kuldip25

liselle08

Aug 12, 2019
@amirshaikh88 I think there is longer waiting period for those who applied before September 7th 2021. I tried calling but they are not entertaining any calls regarding this unless you want to cancel and re-apply but if you do so, there is no guarantee of a refund. I tried emailing but they hardly give a detailed response, they said its in the queue but no timeline is provided.
@Thanos007 what you mean by new portal? is it a new site or just re-applying?

amirshaikh88

May 17, 2016
@amirshaikh88 I think there is longer waiting period for those who applied before September 7th 2021. I tried calling but they are not entertaining any calls regarding this unless you want to cancel and re-apply but if you do so, there is no guarantee of a refund. I tried emailing but they hardly give a detailed response, they said its in the queue but no timeline is provided.
@Thanos007 what you mean by new portal? is it a new site or just re-applying?
@liselle08 Thanks. I am reading other threads and it seems people are still waiting even after reapplying (specially from India). I hope someone create a #petition.

liselle08

Aug 12, 2019
@amirshaikh88 I agree, I noticed that too so it might be pointless to re-apply right now especially since you may not get a refund. This is very unfair, the least that they can do is refund the processing fees especially if they're not going to process it (once cancelled) or at least provide some clear updates on where we stand. Hopefully they sort out this mess and clear the backlog or have a process to update older applications with vaccination certificates so that they come back at the top of the queue instead of just discarding them or leaving them in the queue.

Reactions: amirshaikh88

Thanos007

Star Member
Nov 29, 2020
@liselle08 Thanks. I am reading other threads and it seems people are still waiting even after reapplying (specially from India). I hope someone create a #petition.
Some people are saying that processing time in INDIA after applying in the new IRCC portal is 14-30 days after biometrics. Is this something you guys are hearing too?

Thanos007

Star Member
Nov 29, 2020
They have started flights. It’s about time to start petition. Enough has been sacrificed. Before processing time including biometric which those shitty PDFs used to be 12 days. Now VFS is open and offices in Canada are functioning. Everything is back to 100% and new portal is efficient. So they are so smart in making excuses but we see it now. They should move it quick. Only thing comes in mind is they are discriminating against India. UK brought all delta variants and now cases are in India all
Time low. They can’t make excuses s anymore.

Reactions: amirshaikh88

liselle08

Aug 12, 2019
They have started flights. It’s about time to start petition. Enough has been sacrificed. Before processing time including biometric which those shitty PDFs used to be 12 days. Now VFS is open and offices in Canada are functioning. Everything is back to 100% and new portal is efficient. So they are so smart in making excuses but we see it now. They should move it quick. Only thing comes in mind is they are discriminating against India. UK brought all delta variants and now cases are in India all
Time low. They can’t make excuses s anymore.
Yeah I agree. If they were not going to process the visas and VACs in India were not accepting biometrics then the IRCC website should not have allowed submissions till they were sure they would process them. They allowed people to put in applications - making payments in full and now they're just leaving the applications in the queue with all their new rules and refusing to give a refund.

From what I've read in other threads, a lot of people haven't heard anything even after re-applying and submitting the biometrics so it might actually be worse because you're losing money and pulling the old application out of the queue. But also some people from other countries seem to have gotten it within 30days of applying. Sadly, I've not seen success stories like these for those applying from India.

Ashsan

Jun 22, 2019
visitor visa for newborn timeline

Submitted on Nov 4
Application number received Nov 4

No more updates..!!

marketyourself

Star Member
Oct 27, 2021
Did anyone apply on the new IRCC portal? When I am listing countries of residence for past 5 years its showing me an error everytime I'm trying to hit save and continue.
Applying from USA for Visitor Visa. Please help!!