+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Application (using the new IRCC Portal) INDIA updates

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They have started flights. It’s about time to start petition. Enough has been sacrificed. Before processing time including biometric which those shitty PDFs used to be 12 days. Now VFS is open and offices in Canada are functioning. Everything is back to 100% and new portal is efficient. So they are so smart in making excuses but we see it now. They should move it quick. Only thing comes in mind is they are discriminating against India. UK brought all delta variants and now cases are in India all
Time low. They can’t make excuses s anymore.
Everything is not back to 100%. There are still many working from home and many in person a services are not available. There were issues with PCR tests so there is now a requirement to do testing earlier and only with one lab if you want to take a direct flight. There are other countries that have been faced similar issues. All flights from Morocco were banned in September and remain banned. Canada receives a large number of people from India so you can’t compare the requirements to all other countries.

Reactions: Kumar25

Rsingh9879

Sep 6, 2021
Should one reapply for hold off on reapplying for now till there is wave of applicants getting processed in india?

liselle08

Aug 12, 2019
If you re-apply, you don't get a refund for the previous application (at least they said there's no guarantee). Also, I've seen threads where people applied in Sept (also submitted biometrics) and no new updates after; so I'm in a fix too - unsure if I should re-apply or just wait.

Thanos007

Star Member
Nov 29, 2020
Everything is not back to 100%. There are still many working from home and many in person a services are not available. There were issues with PCR tests so there is now a requirement to do testing earlier and only with one lab if you want to take a direct flight. There are other countries that have been faced similar issues. All flights from Morocco were banned in September and remain banned. Canada receives a large number of people from India so you can’t compare the requirements to all other countries.
It is back to 100%. Everything is normal now. People are vaccinated and can take tests with quick results. The key is “working”. They’re working. They make all kinds of excuses. Frickin literally negligible covid cases and they freak out and obsess about it. UK is the biggest spreader. India deserves to be better treated.

liselle08

Aug 12, 2019
Yeah and its not about flights or covid situation. The very fact they allowed submission of applications on their site last year was incorrect - they should have stopped like how the VACs had a system in place to accept only certain types of applications or filter by country if they weren't processing. Since that wasn't done and people did submit then at least now that they are accepting new applications and are recommending people to re-apply they should have guaranteed a refund for the older application when cancelled. There is no reason for holding back the money when they haven't processed it. It would make sense to deduct the biometric fee and refund the processing fees since the application is not processed. This is where they're wrong.

Reactions: Thanos007

liselle08

Aug 12, 2019
Thanks, I seen this too and I emailed that address with the mentioned details but this is the response I got
"Please note that IRCC will only issue written authorization to an applicant who holds a valid Canadian travel document (i.e. electronic travel authorization [eTA] or visitor visa). Based on our review of your enquiry and the information in our system, we can confirm that your application for a visitor visa is in our processing queue. However, since you do not yet have a valid Canadian travel document, we are unable to process your request for an exemption to the Canadian travel restrictions. As such, your request will not be processed."

But at least they confirmed its in the queue so hopefully its not forgotten about. Doesn't seem like they can provide a timeline though. I tried calling and emailing several email addresses that I found. If there's anyway to at least know the estimated time please let me know.

inderbirdeol

Jun 4, 2015
I'm PR in Canada with wedding scheduled for 28th Nov 2021:

I applied visitor visa for my sister who is an IT professional in India.

Her timeline:
Application Submitted - Oct 14 2021
Biometrics - Oct 27 2021
Biometrics completed - October 27 2021 (shows in CIC Portal updated)
Background Check - We are process your background check.
Final Decision - Your application is in progress.
Country of Application: India

I applied for my parents too just before her and after their biometrics were done the got PPR within 3-5 days.

In my sister's I'm not sure why its taking so long.

Any feedback would be much appreciated guys.

Thanos007

Star Member
Nov 29, 2020

Her timeline:
Biometrics - Oct 27 2021

I applied for my parents too just before her and after their biometrics were done the got PPR within 3-5 days.

Wow that’s awesome. Congrats sir

VinothSampath

Dec 27, 2017
One of my friend who is a PR applied for TRV in the new portal and got a refund for the older application. Also, he got visa within a month and this was in September - October 2021. I hear that since NOV 2021 the processing timeline is not so fast

Prcandidate10

Star Member
Apr 19, 2021
Ontario
Category........
PNP

Her timeline:
Biometrics - Oct 27 2021

I applied for my visitor visa on 16 oct., biometric done in 2019. No update until now