+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa refuse for Morocco lady living in uae

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Your wife is Moroccan, married to an Egyptian and living in UAE for only 5 years?? How long have you been married? When did your wife move to Egypt, marry you then move to UAE (or is it you who went to Morocco?. I think the VO found it difficult to establish strong ties to her home country or her husband's country.

Also, did she apply for Masters or similar advanced level degree?

Seems like you wife failed the first few minutes of scrutiny by the VO hence the speed of her application resolution.

Apply for GCMS notes.

coolgemy159

Sep 13, 2020
Your wife is Moroccan, married to an Egyptian and living in UAE for only 5 years?? How long have you been married? When did your wife move to Egypt, marry you then move to UAE (or is it you who went to Morocco?. I think the VO found it difficult to establish strong ties to her home country or her husband's country.

Also, did she apply for Masters or similar advanced level degree?

Seems like you wife failed the first few minutes of scrutiny by the VO hence the speed of her application resolution.

Apply for GCMS notes.
HI, she was living her in UAE when we meet first time, we Get married in UAE itself, i was here Before her coming, i am living here for 10 years Now, we did the Marriage in Egyption embassy in Abu Dhabi bring the Both families and the weeding also was In Dubai , we have been together to egypt and morocco server time together and sometime she used to travel alone but that was at least 02 travels to the families in a year time to egypt and Morocco.

she applied to study in Collège Supérieure de Montréal went for Medical Secretary (18 Months Program )as that what she studied in morroc (Social Worker) and work for Secretary and administration in UAE.

the issue is i donot have clear answer what is the reason for refuse coz finalicail we are very stable and i provide all the documents to the agent in Canada (My personal account- my COmpany Account- My Wife Personal account).

i wish someone can help , indeed

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
frankly i am not sure what she was applying for, my wife was following up with agent in Canada for the same.
she was applying for Collège Supérieure de Montréal, is it degree or post graduate ?
i will take your advise for guarantee and search behind that before i get back to you .
thx
How long have you been married for? It's tricky getting study visa from UAE as no one can establish strong ties to it as a permanent country of residence.

I'm afraid you will have to wait for the gcms notes to get the full picture. From what you explained your financial standing is great so that leaves country ties or suitability of course chosen - both of which are not mentioned in the refusal letter. But we know the refusal letter usually doesn't contain the exact reason for refusal which is why the gcms note is helpful.

ETA: Also, it's not advisable to apply for private school, better to go for a public institution (preferably a university, not a college) as they are more credible and improves the chances of getting a visa.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Collège Supérieure de Montréal
So they are seeing a seemingly succesfull woman who is going to leave her family and go study at some no name private college in Canada plus she has no strong ties to home country that she has shown, I think you can see their problem with this. Get the notes hopefully they have detailed their thoughts there but sometimes they don't.

coolgemy159

Sep 13, 2020
So they are seeing a seemingly succesfull woman who is going to leave her family and go study at some no name private college in Canada plus she has no strong ties to home country that she has shown, I think you can see their problem with this. Get the notes hopefully they have detailed their thoughts there but sometimes they don't.
the point is that this college was recommended by the agent in montreal, canada .. my wife was open for different options but that was advised to her based on her work and previous study experience

in that case do you recommend something different ?

thx

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
the point is that this college was recommended by the agent in montreal, canada .. my wife was open for different options but that was advised to her based on her work and previous study experience

in that case do you recommend something different ?

thx
It's a bad recommendation. The agent recommended this school because they receive payments for students they refer to the school. She should pick a public college or preferably a university and stay away from private schools.

coolgemy159

Sep 13, 2020
It's a bad recommendation. The agent recommended this school because they receive payments for students they refer to the school. She should pick a public college or preferably a university and stay away from private schools.
Seriously .. are you sure from that ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Seriously .. are you sure from that ?
It's not a DLI. This means your wife cannot work part time while she studies and also will not qualify for a post graduate work permit after she completes her studies. So if one of your reasons for having your wife come to Canada is to potentially apply for PR, this school is a complete waste of money and won't achieve this objective.

This is not a good school. So the only reason the agent would have recommended it is because he/she is getting a kick-back for referring students. This school was not recommended in the best interests of your wife. The school choice certainly contributed to the refusal.

coolgemy159

Sep 13, 2020
It's not a DLI. This means your wife cannot work part time while she studies and also will not qualify for a post graduate work permit after she completes her studies. So if one of your reasons for having your wife come to Canada is to potentially apply for PR, this school is a complete waste of money and won't achieve this objective.

This is not a good school. So the only reason the agent would have recommended it is because he/she is getting a kick-back for referring students. This school was not recommended in the best interests of your wife. The school choice certainly contributed to the refusal.
okay if we assume you are right.. however the agent have confirm to my wife this school will allow her afterwards to get work permit in Canada (if she will be Interesting), what other university or college will be suitable to what she studied and work as of now ?

thx

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
okay if we assume you are right.. however the agent have confirm to my wife this school will allow her afterwards to get work permit in Canada (if she will be Interesting), what other university or college will be suitable to what she studied and work as of now ?

thx
If your Agent was so great, you won't be in this situation now. People have tried to help you identify what the problem with your application is and give you pointers on what to change, but it appears you don't want to go with that. Below is the link to list of DLI schools in Canada. Do a search for your wife's intended college and read what it says. Bear in mind that even if the school is a DLI, there's still a possibility that the VO will not consider it a "worthy" school and you might not qualify for PGWP if you attend there.

Why do people use Agents anyways? What value do they add to your application? I'll really like to know cos all I read here is headaches and heartaches from agents...

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

thx
Sounds like the agent is lying to you.

I don't see this school on the list of DLIs. You can check yourself using the link below. The school must be listed in order for her to qualify for a work permit afterwards.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html

There are a large number of public colleges and universities. She should pick one of these schools instead. It's really up to you to decide which one and I would recommend avoiding agents.

amazing.cool

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020

I don't see this school on the list of DLIs. You can check yourself using the link below. The school must be listed in order for her to qualify for a work permit afterwards.

There are a large number of public colleges and universities. She should pick one of these schools instead. It's really up to you to decide which one and I would recommend avoiding agents.
May be a typo.... it is a DLI... please validate it.. I just checked and it shows as DLI

Collège Supérieur de Montréal (C.S.M.) inc.O246881964554

coolgemy159

Sep 13, 2020

i checked it already and it is under some details and condition, it meet already my wife criteria as she apply for 18 Months 1700 Hurs, and she will do DEP

i think it work under some condition .. but i will take that into consideration that the school was not the best choice from day one

thx

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020

The school is actually listed. It has a DLI but with loads of clauses. Not worth the effort at all when there are better, cheaper and more useful choices that the application can clearly afford and qualify for. Like you said, this applicant is being milked by the agent.

College Supérieur de Montréal (C.S.M.) inc.
Montréal
Montréal
Details (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list/quebec.html)

amazing.cool

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
i checked it already and it is under some details and condition, it meet already my wife criteria as she apply for 18 Months 1700 Hurs, and she will do DEP

i think it work under some condition .. but i will take that into consideration that the school was not the best choice from day one

thx
DEP is good option in Quebec... I think more than college looks like your are not living in your country of origin is cause of concern... Best suggestion as many recommended.. apply gcms and then take any step to correct...GCMS notes comes in 20 days...