+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa refusal on wrong grounds

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No I haven't sent the new LOA. I defer because of the refusal I got. My school started classes September last month
So how will you get your reconsideration approved if IRCC doesn’t have the new LOA? IRCC will not approve since classes started a month ago. If willing to reopen file, IRCC will request new LOA but it hasn’t been a month since you sent the webform. You should reapply while waiting for reconsideration.

Destinyugbajah

Sep 13, 2022
Nigeria
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abuja
NOC Code......
So how will you get your reconsideration approved if IRCC doesn’t have the new LOA? IRCC will not approve since classes started a month ago. If willing to reopen file, IRCC will request new LOA but it hasn’t been a month since you sent the webform. You should reapply while waiting for reconsideration.
Okay. Thanks I will have to reapply. But will I be needing to do another medical examination?

angelica6290

Jan 21, 2023
I have done my medical examination and IOM said they have submitted it already to IRCC. I even got an email from IOM that I have done my medical examination and it has been submitted. I'm really confused why IRCC is saying I didn't comply to my examination
Hello I have the same situation. What did you do? Did you successfully get a visa after your refusal?

angelica6290

Jan 21, 2023
Here is a full copy of the letter :
Thank you for your interest in working in Canada. After careful review of your work permit
application and supporting documentation under the International Mobility Program, I have
determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee
Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing
your application on the following grounds:
• You have not complied with our request for information, per subsection 16(1.1) of the
IRPA. To date, you have failed to comply with our request for an examination.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee
I have the same exact refusal as you..what didi you do?

angelica6290

Jan 21, 2023
yes i have fix mine, got my visa way back NOV and currently in canada
Could you share it to me? I did my medicals on the prescribed time but I got the same grounds for refusal as you, that the officer reviewing my file said I failed to provide medicals by due date. And also I didn't declare that I got a tattoo 9yrs ago but seen by the panel physician on my physical exam and she ordered bloodtest related to having a tattoo and resukts were negative but still the officer said I didn't complied with IRPA 16(1).

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Could you share it to me? I did my medicals on the prescribed time but I got the same grounds for refusal as you, that the officer reviewing my file said I failed to provide medicals by due date. And also I didn't declare that I got a tattoo 9yrs ago but seen by the panel physician on my physical exam and she ordered bloodtest related to having a tattoo and resukts were negative but still the officer said I didn't complied with IRPA 16(1).
Did the panel physician send in the results? If so, do you have confirmation that results were submitted to IRCC? Refusal has nothing to do with tattoo.

angelica6290

Jan 21, 2023
Did the panel physician send in the results? If so, do you have confirmation that results were submitted to IRCC? Refusal has nothing to do with tattoo.
Yes the results are sent January 17 and I received the refusal January 18. I am thinking maybe the panel physician made a comment on me not telling I had a tattoo and when she did examination on me she saw that tattoo. I am so confused with the refusal about IRPA 16(1) and the grounds that "failed to provide medicals by due date".

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes the results are sent January 17 and I received the refusal January 18. I am thinking maybe the panel physician made a comment on me not telling I had a tattoo and when she did examination on me she saw that tattoo. I am so confused with the refusal about IRPA 16(1) and the grounds that "failed to provide medicals by due date".
This has nothing to do with a tattoo. So that is not the issue. The issue is that you failed to provide the medicals by the due date. Your physician sent them on the 17th and they were not verified and reviewed in time of the refusal the next day. Raise a webform and state that the medical was submitted by the due date. Then all you can do is wait for a response. Since this is a thread on international students, contact the school about possible deferral.

angelica6290

Jan 21, 2023
This has nothing to do with a tattoo. So that is not the issue. The issue is that you failed to provide the medicals by the due date. Your physician sent them on the 17th and they were not verified and reviewed in time of the refusal the next day. Raise a webform and state that the medical was submitted by the due date. Then all you can do is wait for a response. Since this is a thread on international students, contact the school about possible deferral.
So my representative maybe correct as you said the same comment that my medical is not reviewed and assumed I didn't do medicals by due date. Mine is for working permit application and I just saw this post related to my refusal. My representative requested already for reconsideration on the said grounds. Do you know how long IRCC will respond about reconsideration? So thankful for you replying my concerns.