+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa refusal on wrong grounds

rquesta

Jul 31, 2021
It is stated that my visa was refused recently on the grounds that my medical examination result did not reach on time; however, I had received the confirmation email that my examination report had been sent. Whom should I be contacting? Is there a specific way to file complaints, appeals, etc.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
It is stated that my visa was refused recently on the grounds that my medical examination result did not reach on time; however, I had received the confirmation email that my examination report had been sent. Whom should I be contacting? Is there a specific way to file complaints, appeals, etc.
Never heard of this before. Can you share refusal letter?

rquesta

Jul 31, 2021
Never heard of this before. Can you share refusal letter?
This is the refusal email i received:

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit
application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and
Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• You have not complied with our request for information, per subsection 16(1.1) of the
IRPA. To date, you have failed to comply with our request for an examination.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee.

rquesta

Jul 31, 2021
Here is the confirmation email.

Dear Applicant,
Please be informed that your electronic medical forms has been submitted in eMedical on 13th July,2021.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
This is the refusal email i received:

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit
application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and
Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• You have not complied with our request for information, per subsection 16(1.1) of the
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee.
This does not sound like it's related to medicals. They specifically said you have refused to provide requested information. Medicals is not requested info, it's due process.

Did you receive any other letter from them to provide info? Perhaps they sent you a PFL?

Did you apply yourself or through an Agent? Do you have access to your GCKey?

Reactions: arul fernando

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I don’t think 16.1.1 has anything to do with medicals. It has to do with not fully completing the application or answering truthfully. Did you use an agent? If so, have they received information and not shared with you.

Obligation — answer truthfully

• 16 (1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
  • Marginal note:Obligation — appear for examination
    (1.1) A person who makes an application must, on request of an officer, appear for an examination.

Last edited:

sb22651

Jul 15, 2021
Nothing to do with medical.

Shareef1983

Oct 7, 2021
I received the same letter for my work permit application.I have submitted all the required documents, the additional medical examination results should be sent today or tomorrow.
How can I know the specific reason of this letter?

Reactions: angelica6290

Shareef1983

Oct 7, 2021
Here is a full copy of the letter :
Thank you for your interest in working in Canada. After careful review of your work permit
application and supporting documentation under the International Mobility Program, I have
determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee
Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing
your application on the following grounds:
accompanied by a new processing fee

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Here is a full copy of the letter :
Thank you for your interest in working in Canada. After careful review of your work permit
application and supporting documentation under the International Mobility Program, I have
determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee
Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing
your application on the following grounds:
accompanied by a new processing fee
So how were you eligible for IMP? Did they ask for more information and you didn’t comply?

Shareef1983

Oct 7, 2021
I can't reapply unless i know the specific reason otherwise my application can be refused but how can i get this information?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I can't reapply unless i know the specific reason otherwise my application can be refused but how can i get this information?
That is why I asked you, how are you eligible for IMP? Why isn’t your employer doing this? You can order GCMS notes (You can google it).