+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Free Countries with RTD?

xichanmontreal

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Complement of informations:

* Although Switzerland is not part of the European Union, it is part of the Schengen zone. I put this beforehand for the little ''smarts'', who will say that Switzerland is not part of the Schengen area, is that this explains the situation of our example: No, such a thing is likely to come at you in any Schengen countries except Germany if you do not have a visa. You will be in a situation of illegality.
* The receipt of the fine indicates '' kantonspolizei zürich postfach 8021 zürich '', a simple and quick search on google indicates that This is the address of the police station located at the Zurich train station... Our unconscious friend in the example we have here certainly came by train from Germany.
* Checks also exist in buses, and even for individual cars (rentals) ... If there are fewer checks, this does not mean that it is '' less serious '', or '' less illegal '' .

* CBSA ( asfc ) will know that you have returned from a country if it is done by air. The returnees are registered in the register of travelers that the Air company must transmit...

bfour

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
hi everyone. is there someone who visited Albania just with Travel document ? I asked their consulate and they sent me this email. ((( we confirm that Turkish citizens do not need a visa for short term visits (C type visa), despite the document of traveling that they hold, according to the DCM no. 858, date 29.12. 2021.)))). but I do not have my Turkish passport. it shows I need visa when I check on IATA website.

Cayman

Dec 12, 2021
Hi members :)

I’m planning to visit Colombia, Bogotá next year for a week. Do I need a Visa? I couldn’t find information.
I have a valid RTD with PR card.
Is it a safe city?

pamela21

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
I dont have PR but have RTD only. Travelled to Germany this year without visa, only with RTD. no hassle, everything was smooth.

pamela21

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
hi everyone. is there someone who visited Albania just with Travel document ? I asked their consulate and they sent me this email. ((( we confirm that Turkish citizens do not need a visa for short term visits (C type visa), despite the document of traveling that they hold, according to the DCM no. 858, date 29.12. 2021.)))). but I do not have my Turkish passport. it shows I need visa when I check on IATA website.
Same here. Have you figure out if you need to get visa to travel Albania ?

xichanmontreal

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
I do not have Pr. I also told them I dont have PR and I just have travel document. I will fly to Frankfurt first and fly to Tirana from there.
Sorry to disappoint you my friend... You will be prohibited from boarding the plane at departure if the boarding agents do their job... A simple search shows that a visa is necessary for holders of the blue document issued by Canada:

Visa
Visa required.

You can check by yourself here ( Put " statless personn and refugees '' on nationaly, it's the last choice , down in the list + '' Travel document convention 1951 '' in Document held section, and finally '' Canada '' in issue country ... dont forget to put also residence country : Canada, and '' residence permit '' on '' residency document section '' ... dont use '' permanent resident / resident alien card form i-551 , this choice concern only us green card holders ) .

The result should be :

Visa
Visa required.

* Edit : I forgot the link :

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/passport-visa-health-travel-document-requirements.htm

bfour

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Sorry to disappoint you my friend... You will be prohibited from boarding the plane at departure if the boarding agents do their job... A simple search shows that a visa is necessary for holders of the blue document issued by Canada:

Visa
Visa required.

You can check by yourself here ( Put " statless personn and refugees '' on nationaly, it's the last choice , down in the list + '' Travel document convention 1951 '' in Document held section, and finally '' Canada '' in issue country ... dont forget to put also residence country : Canada, and '' residence permit '' on '' residency document section '' ... dont use '' permanent resident / resident alien card form i-551 , this choice concern only us green card holders ) .

The result should be :

Visa
Visa required.

* Edit : I forgot the link :

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/passport-visa-health-travel-document-requirements.htm
thank you so much. I really do not know what to do. I got this email from them and I called them twice and they gave me same response that I do not need a visa even when I ask second time she got angry and she said you do not need a visa.

xichanmontreal

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
thank you so much. I really do not know what to do. I got this email from them and I called them twice and they gave me same response that I do not need a visa even when I ask second time she got angry and she said you do not need a visa.
Did you specify that you have a travel document for refugee ? ... not a national passport ?

In my opinion this person, with all due respect, does not have much experience and is telling you false information.

Try contacting another embassy or consulate...

BTW, the iata tool is very reliable... In your place, I won't take the risk.

bfour

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Did you specify that you have a travel document for refugee ? ... not a national passport ?

In my opinion this person, with all due respect, does not have much experience and is telling you false information.

Try contacting another embassy or consulate...

BTW, the iata tool is very reliable... In your place, I won't take the risk.
yes I literally first sent an email and explained I have a refugee travel document and no pr. Afterwards I called them and ask about it twice. she said you do not need a visa and I will send you a confirmation email. this was her email.
Following our last phone call, we confirm that Turkish citizens do not need a visa for short term visits (C type visa), despite the document of traveling that they hold, according to the DCM no. 858, date 29.12. 2021.

xichanmontreal

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
yes I literally first sent an email and explained I have a refugee travel document and no pr. Afterwards I called them and ask about it twice. she said you do not need a visa and I will send you a confirmation email. this was her email.
Following our last phone call, we confirm that Turkish citizens do not need a visa for short term visits (C type visa), despite the document of traveling that they hold, according to the DCM no. 858, date 29.12. 2021.

This therefore confirms that this person - again with all due respect - is totally incompetent.

You will not travel as a Turkish citizen because you will not use a Turkish passport, you will not avail yourself of Turkish consular protection. (ATTENTION, LITTLE PARENTHESIS: AVOID AT ALL COSTS TO USE OR EVEN TO RENEW ANY TURKISH DOCUMENT, OTHERWISE = RISK OF LOSING YOUR STATUS IN CANADA **)

In short, you're out of luck, you've come across someone incompetent... In your place I would try to contact another nearby consulate, and make the connection (copy and paste the message you received, specifying the e-mail address of the incompetent agent... maybe that will help to sort things out).

Anyway, do not leave without a visa! ... = risk of being expelled + fine + criminal record = problem when filing the application for Canadian citizenship.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You need to ask if a protected person from Canada can travel visa free using a refugee travel document. Would email them again using this terminology. They are clearly getting confused since you mentioned you were a Turkish citizen, You can not travel using your Turkish citizenship.

muhareb

Feb 16, 2023
تركيا
Category........
BUSINESS
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
يعني انا حاليا اقدر اسافر انا وعائلتي مثلا طيب وين الاوراق ياريت حدا يفهمني شوو اتصرف