+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Free Countries with RTD?

Armen0

Apr 3, 2020
People in this thread found these so far, all of them checked on IATA as well
  • Germany
  • Croatia
  • Italy
  • Hungary (says visa required on IATA, but not on their embassy)
  • Cyprus
  • Cuba
  • Mexico
  • Bulgaria
  • Slovenia
  • Slovakia
Also, according to Wikipedia (I did NOT check every one of them on IATA), with a valid PR card, you can travel to
but are there other countries?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kerr88

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
I know
  • Germany
  • Croatia
  • Italy
  • Hungary (says visa required on IATA, but not on their embassy)
  • Cyprus
  • Cuba
  • Mexico
but are there other countries?
I wana go to Denmark on RTD so I can take flight to Germany then via train to Denmark ? Does it work?

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
I wana go to Denmark on RTD so I can take flight to Germany then via train to Denmark ? Does it work?
You should check with the embassy if you need a visa (try to get confirmation in writing). They may randomly check (high chances due to COVID) or they may not check at all. You are good if you don't need a visa but if you need one, get it or don't go because entering without the visa would be illegal and consequences can be severe.

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
This is a great topic to talk about as all the info I have searched about is either out of date or wrong.
Turkey needs a visa and visa process takes 6 to 8 weeks.
I contacted Norwegian embassy and they said RTD requires a visa.
Germany does not need a visa.

Please share your info about other countries.

Reactions: Norijal

Armen0

Apr 3, 2020
I called the Mexican embassy and they said that RTD by itself needs a visa. If you have RTD with PR card, then no need for the visa.
Yes, that is right. Now that you reminded me, I'll add the countries that can be travelled using a PR card. Thanks!

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
This is a great topic to talk about as all the info I have searched about is either out of date or wrong.
Turkey needs a visa and visa process takes 6 to 8 weeks.
I contacted Norwegian embassy and they said RTD requires a visa.
Germany does not need a visa.

Please share your info about other countries.
IMPORTANT UPDATE:
I received my visa and also my partner's visa from Turkish Embassy today in the mail after 3 weeks including all these new year holidays. It means it is issued in around 2 weeks' time. I did not ask for urgent travel as my plan to travel is in May.

Reactions: Norijal

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
IMPORTANT UPDATE:
I received my visa and also my partner's visa from Turkish Embassy today in the mail after 3 weeks including all these new year holidays. It means it is issued in around 2 weeks' time. I did not ask for urgent travel as my plan to travel is in May.
Congratulations bro

Kindly explain procedure to get Turkish visa .. so we can have most updated details ..thanks in advance .

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
Congratulations bro

Kindly explain procedure to get Turkish visa .. so we can have most updated details ..thanks in advance .
It is pretty straight forward, though lengthy.
You first go on Turkish Embassy website then fill out the forms and upload the following and take all with you to your appointment set at the end of application after submission.
1. You need money in your bank account. Just a letter from bank (stamped) that you have 5 figure Canadian dollars in your bank account is enough. No need to have a large amount of money 3 or 4 months prior to your application. I just had all the money a week before appointment. (I don't keep my money in banks)
2. Passport photo
3. Travel iteniarary including your hotel and flight reservation (do not buy just book!!!)
4. Travel insurance
5. A prepaid Canada Post envelope (you can buy from any Canada Post office at Shoppers Drug Mart)
6. Letter from your employer.
7. Photocopy of documents on the applicant’s legal status in Canada such as Permanent Resident Card, Court Decision for Convention Refugees, Work Visa, Study Visa. ( TAKE THE ORIGINALS WITH YOU but they look at them and return to you at the end of the interview).

Please note:
During the interview they will ask for all of these so do not forget to print and take everything with you including your application form. If you don't they will not process your application and you will have to come back at a later time.
You will need to pay $77 Dollars "in exact cash" to the officer.
You will be asked about your intention of travel.
When filling the application out as Convention Refugees you guys need to select "single entry visa". RTD holders will not be issued multiple entry visa. So keep this in mind.
They will issue your visa based upon your travel iteniarary so choose your flight/hotel booking wisely.
They will issue your visa from the date you start your travel plan with 3 months validity and you can stay UP TO ONE MONTH in that 3 months validity. Yes, you can change your travel plan after getting your visa but WITHIN that 3 months visa validity.
Good luck guys

Reactions: The6god and 116sg17

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
With regard to US visa for RTD holders:
You might as well wait to get your citizenship. The next available appointment is 2 years from now!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Haha
Reactions: 116sg17

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
Check out this link:

https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/policies/schengen-borders-and-visa/visa-policy/who-must-apply-schengen-visa_en

Link under "national derogations from the visa requirements" contains excel file [ https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/document/download/e3561580-9b1d-40cc-ae35-82b31817429b_en ].

Number 2 in the excel file shows exemptions for refugees and stateless persons of all countries.

Please note this info keeps changing so it is still important to verify it with the embassy of the country you intend to visit.

Reactions: Armen0

Armen0

Apr 3, 2020
Check out this link:

https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/policies/schengen-borders-and-visa/visa-policy/who-must-apply-schengen-visa_en

Link under "national derogations from the visa requirements" contains excel file [ https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/document/download/e3561580-9b1d-40cc-ae35-82b31817429b_en ].

Number 2 in the excel file shows exemptions for refugees and stateless persons of all countries.

Please note this info keeps changing so it is still important to verify it with the embassy of the country you intend to visit.
I added these to the main entry too. Thanks!

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
It is pretty straight forward, though lengthy.
You first go on Turkish Embassy website then fill out the forms and upload the following and take all with you to your appointment set at the end of application after submission.
1. You need money in your bank account. Just a letter from bank (stamped) that you have 5 figure Canadian dollars in your bank account is enough. No need to have a large amount of money 3 or 4 months prior to your application. I just had all the money a week before appointment. (I don't keep my money in banks)
2. Passport photo
3. Travel iteniarary including your hotel and flight reservation (do not buy just book!!!)
4. Travel insurance
5. A prepaid Canada Post envelope (you can buy from any Canada Post office at Shoppers Drug Mart)
6. Letter from your employer.
7. Photocopy of documents on the applicant’s legal status in Canada such as Permanent Resident Card, Court Decision for Convention Refugees, Work Visa, Study Visa. ( TAKE THE ORIGINALS WITH YOU but they look at them and return to you at the end of the interview).

Please note:
During the interview they will ask for all of these so do not forget to print and take everything with you including your application form. If you don't they will not process your application and you will have to come back at a later time.
You will need to pay $77 Dollars "in exact cash" to the officer.
You will be asked about your intention of travel.
When filling the application out as Convention Refugees you guys need to select "single entry visa". RTD holders will not be issued multiple entry visa. So keep this in mind.
They will issue your visa based upon your travel iteniarary so choose your flight/hotel booking wisely.
They will issue your visa from the date you start your travel plan with 3 months validity and you can stay UP TO ONE MONTH in that 3 months validity. Yes, you can change your travel plan after getting your visa but WITHIN that 3 months visa validity.
Good luck guys
@Zai24 check this for your question about turkey visa

Reactions: farsxp