+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Free Countries with RTD?

skyisthelimitbd

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
thank you brother. I have flight 2 weeks later. good to know
did they ask pcr test ?
Noop . Vaccination Certificate is enough if they want to see. I should add , Hotel accommodation is fair priced as well as food.id you need any assistance , let me know . I didnt have any friends and relative , so that i searched a lot and got some good findings .

Reactions: afacan16

EmA123

Nov 28, 2020
Noop . Vaccination Certificate is enough if they want to see. I should add , Hotel accommodation is fair priced as well as food.id you need any assistance , let me know . I didnt have any friends and relative , so that i searched a lot and got some good findings .
Hi,
How did you apply for RTD by mail or through e-post?
And how many days did you wait to get it?

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
Hi guys,
A quick question
If we travel to Germany with RTD can we return to Canada from another country like France or Italy?
With regard to traveling, your visa will not allow you to travel to other Schengen countries. If you do and get caught, you will get in trouble. There is no physical border but they regularly check people's documents on busses, trains, etc. Because of recent refugee crisis, they have increased asking for identification.
Overall, not recommended.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
With regard to traveling, your visa will not allow you to travel to other Schengen countries. If you do and get caught, you will get in trouble. There is no physical border but they regularly check people's documents on busses, trains, etc. Because of recent refugee crisis, they have increased asking for identification.
Overall, not recommended.
As long as destination country does not require visa on RTD, it should be fine....

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
As long as destination country does not require visa on RTD, it should be fine....
Does not work like that in Europe. A friend got in trouble traveling from Germany to Italy(No visa required, right? WRONG!) and was told to return to Germany ASAP. So technically he wanted to travel to Italy and no visa was required but the officers did not believe that he wanted to travel to Italy and sent him back. So it is NOT fine to roam around Europe just because you have RTD.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Does not work like that in Europe. A friend got in trouble traveling from Germany to Italy(No visa required, right? WRONG!) and was told to return to Germany ASAP. So technically he wanted to travel to Italy and no visa was required but the officers did not believe that he wanted to travel to Italy and sent him back. So it is NOT fine to roam around Europe just because you have RTD.
It may be specific case but I may be right or wrong... I am in EU and travelled across three regions [visa exempt] (by train and flight). I called consulate to confirm before departing. It becomes complicated if you cross to the region that requires visa, but they insist your first destination must be the one you made arrangement to( on your booking, travel insurance ). Visa exempt crossing means by LAND, AIR or FERRY.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It may be specific case but I may be right or wrong... I am in EU and travelled across three regions [visa exempt] (by train and flight). I called consulate to confirm before departing. It becomes complicated if you cross to the region that requires visa, but they insist your first destination must be the one you made arrangement to( on your booking, travel insurance ). Visa exempt crossing means by LAND, AIR or FERRY.
Visa exempt crossing wouldn’t apply to travelling to many of Germany’s neighbours if you have a RTD. There was minimal checks between EU countries but has increased due to the pandemic and increased number of asylum applicants. Many get away with landing in Germany and travelling to places like Italy or France but if you get caught you’ll be turned back to Germany.

Reactions: 116sg17

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
Visa exempt crossing wouldn’t apply to travelling to many of Germany’s neighbours if you have a RTD. There was minimal checks between EU countries but has increased due to the pandemic and increased number of asylum applicants. Many get away with landing in Germany and travelling to places like Italy or France but if you get caught you’ll be turned back to Germany.
Almost everyone who is able to get into one Schengen country is eligible to enter other Schengen countries so people often assume that is the case with RTD without a visa as well. If one has a Schengen visa on RTD, they can free travel between entire Schengen area without worries. For those who do not have a visa they can legally only go to a few countries like Germany, Hungary, and a few more. When caught travelling to a country one legally cannot enter consequences can be as simple as being turned away or can be as serious as a travel ban for a certain period (like most developed countries) and this would probably depend upon length the non allowed stay.

Last edited:

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
It does and i speak from personal experience (I don't intend to mislead anyone), the call to German consulate was to ask for Schengen visa if i need to visit German for few days from Italy and or departing back to Canada from Deutschland , and confirmed you are exempt for short stay as long as you travel with your document. Unless you have proof of the limitation that speak otherwise, i would love to read that.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Almost everyone who is able to get into one Schengen country is eligible to enter other Schengen countries so people often assume that is the case with RTD without a visa as well. If one has a Schengen visa on RTD, they can free travel between entire Schengen area without worries. For those who do not have a visa they can legally only go to a few countries like Germany, Hungary, and a few more. When caught travelling to a country one legally cannot enter consequences can be as simple as being turned away or can be as serious as a travel ban for a certain period (like most developed countries) and this would probably depend upon length the non allowed stay.
This was my point. you can enter visa exempt country with your RTD from your destination country. It doesnt mean, if you plan to visit Italy from German, then you need to take flight back to Canada and take another flight back to Italy then Italy will admit you, NO. Simply, there is no conditions that you need to come from originating country to enter another visa exempt country with RTD.
However, you cant go to visa required country from visa exempt, that will be violation.

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
This was my point. you can enter visa exempt country with your RTD from your destination country. It doesnt mean, if you plan to visit Italy from German, then you need to take flight back to Canada and take another flight back to Italy then Italy will admit you, NO. Simply, there is no conditions that you need to come from originating country to enter another visa exempt country with RTD.
However, you cant go to visa required country from visa exempt, that will be violation.
I think you are simply trying to say that one can travel to multiple countries within Schengen area without a visa as long as they have a confirmation (ideally written like email) that they do not need a visa with Canadian RTD. You are saying that one does not need to return to Canada when travelling between multiple countries where the Canadian RTD allows visa free travel. This is true and makes sense. It is still important to hold tickets for onward journeys AND final return ticket to Canada from whatever RTD visa free country you intend to visit last.

Reactions: Norijal

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I think you are simply trying to say that one can travel to multiple countries within Schengen area without a visa as long as they have a confirmation (ideally written like email) that they do not need a visa with Canadian RTD. You are saying that one does not need to return to Canada when travelling between multiple countries where the Canadian RTD allows visa free travel. This is true and makes sense. It is still important to hold tickets for onward journeys AND final return ticket to Canada from whatever RTD visa free country you intend to visit last.
Exactly, Thank you for making it more clear especially on the part where you are required to have onward/final ticket return to Canada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It does and i speak from personal experience (I don't intend to mislead anyone), the call to German consulate was to ask for Schengen visa if i need to visit German for few days from Italy and or departing back to Canada from Deutschland , and confirmed you are exempt for short stay as long as you travel with your document. Unless you have proof of the limitation that speak otherwise, i would love to read that.
Was talking about travelling on a German visa. If multiple countries in the EU don’t accept the RTD I am surprised to hear that with an RTD you can apply for a Schengen visa.