+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Free Countries with RTD?

Hopealive

Star Member
Nov 24, 2021
The requirement of visa to any country with your RTD is dependent on your nationality. If you nationality before you become a refugee in Canada requires a visa to that country, you need a visa. If otherwise, you don't need a visa.
For example, if your original nationality is Egypt, and if Egyptians do not need a visa to Germany for example, you too dosn't need a visa to Germany with RTD. Another example, Nigerians require visa to enter Germany. Any Nigerian with RTD will also need a visa to enter Germany

Reactions: Faisalkhan555

Faisalkhan555

Apr 14, 2020
The requirement of visa to any country with your RTD is dependent on your nationality. If you nationality before you become a refugee in Canada requires a visa to that country, you need a visa. If otherwise, you don't need a visa.
For example, if your original nationality is Egypt, and if Egyptians do not need a visa to Germany for example, you too dosn't need a visa to Germany with RTD. Another example, Nigerians require visa to enter Germany. Any Nigerian with RTD will also need a visa to enter Germany
RTD itself is visa free to Germany. Pakistan and Afghanistan do require a visa to travel to Germany but with RTD we don't need visas please update the Nigerian part.

Reactions: Norijal

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
Respectfully, this is wrong information. RTD has nothing to do with your original nationality. As an example most citizens of the Middle East do require a Schengen visa to enter Germany. "ALL" Canadian RTD holders do not require a visa to enter Germany regardless of their original nationality.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
This is incorrect and wrong information. RTD is issued by Passport Canada and has no connection whatsover your Country of Origin.

NaAzaAn

May 26, 2021
It is pretty straight forward, though lengthy.
You first go on Turkish Embassy website then fill out the forms and upload the following and take all with you to your appointment set at the end of application after submission.
1. You need money in your bank account. Just a letter from bank (stamped) that you have 5 figure Canadian dollars in your bank account is enough. No need to have a large amount of money 3 or 4 months prior to your application. I just had all the money a week before appointment. (I don't keep my money in banks)
2. Passport photo
3. Travel iteniarary including your hotel and flight reservation (do not buy just book!!!)
4. Travel insurance
5. A prepaid Canada Post envelope (you can buy from any Canada Post office at Shoppers Drug Mart)
6. Letter from your employer.
7. Photocopy of documents on the applicant’s legal status in Canada such as Permanent Resident Card, Court Decision for Convention Refugees, Work Visa, Study Visa. ( TAKE THE ORIGINALS WITH YOU but they look at them and return to you at the end of the interview).

Please note:
During the interview they will ask for all of these so do not forget to print and take everything with you including your application form. If you don't they will not process your application and you will have to come back at a later time.
You will need to pay $77 Dollars "in exact cash" to the officer.
You will be asked about your intention of travel.
When filling the application out as Convention Refugees you guys need to select "single entry visa". RTD holders will not be issued multiple entry visa. So keep this in mind.
They will issue your visa based upon your travel iteniarary so choose your flight/hotel booking wisely.
They will issue your visa from the date you start your travel plan with 3 months validity and you can stay UP TO ONE MONTH in that 3 months validity. Yes, you can change your travel plan after getting your visa but WITHIN that 3 months visa validity.
Good luck guys
Hi
If we have RTD with PR,can we apply for Turkey visa for more than 1months?

sherryl89

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
Hey you are so wrong and I mean very wrong. My Nigerian friend at work travelled with me to Germany last August and she did not obtain a visa just and that’s same as me on our RTD. How can you say something wrong with such confidence. It sucks.

Reactions: Simba112

Zai24

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
People in this thread found these so far, all of them checked on IATA as well
  • Germany
  • Croatia
  • Italy
  • Hungary (says visa required on IATA, but not on their embassy)
  • Cyprus
  • Cuba
  • Mexico
  • Bulgaria
  • Slovenia
  • Slovakia
Also, according to Wikipedia (I did NOT check every one of them on IATA), with a valid PR card, you can travel to
but are there other countries?
Gulf countries do not accept RTD even Qatar

Kerr88

Apr 3, 2022
People in this thread found these so far, all of them checked on IATA as well
  • Germany
  • Croatia
  • Italy
  • Hungary (says visa required on IATA, but not on their embassy)
  • Cyprus
  • Cuba
  • Mexico
  • Bulgaria
  • Slovenia
  • Slovakia
Also, according to Wikipedia (I did NOT check every one of them on IATA), with a valid PR card, you can travel to
but are there other countries?
This is very helpful information. Thank you so much for sharing.

Last edited: