+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIRTUAL HEARING EXPERIANCE

4emad4

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
You have less complex case, and if all evidence are submitted then it’s your call. Good luck ,and share with us how it went
So I have been emailing my lawyer in the past few days about the link for the hearing and I asked them if I could pay in installments they won’t reply to my emails! I’m gonna call them tomorrow what if they refused to give me the link who I should inform about this as the money they want is just to represent me in the hearing nothing else any help would be appreciated :(

Masjuy

Dec 6, 2020
So I have been emailing my lawyer in the past few days about the link for the hearing and I asked them if I could pay in installments they won’t reply to my emails! I’m gonna call them tomorrow what if they refused to give me the link who I should inform about this as the money they want is just to represent me in the hearing nothing else any help would be appreciated :(
I do not know, I received my link one week before
Try this phone 604-666-9103
I found it in my email

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
So you signed Retention and agreed on fee, but you don't have money to pay your lawyer, am I on the same page?

4emad4

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
So you signed Retention and agreed on fee, but you don't have money to pay your lawyer, am I on the same page?
I didn’t sign anything and I paid them multiple times then I got my hearing date for June and got pushed over to August they didn’t not say anything about the fee until 10 days before the hearing! Saying I need to pay 2k immediately when I asked why I’m being informed of this now! they said we emailed you on May and I checked and there’s no email from them and I check my email everyday! I asked to pay it in installments and they refused so I’m waiting for them now to send me the link for the hearing they stalling no idea why!

Masjuy

Dec 6, 2020
I didn’t sign anything and I paid them multiple times then I got my hearing date for June and got pushed over to August they didn’t not say anything about the fee until 10 days before the hearing! Saying I need to pay 2k immediately when I asked why I’m being informed of this now! they said we emailed you on May and I checked and there’s no email from them and I check my email everyday! I asked to pay it in installments and they refused so I’m waiting for them now to send me the link for the hearing they stalling no idea why!
I would start borrowing money from now, When is your hearing date?
Well, I guess you knew about 2 thousands, it is usually 50% for first part of claim and the rest before hearing
Is he/she asking more than was discussed?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I would start borrowing money from now, When is your hearing date?
Well, I guess you knew about 2 thousands, it is usually 50% for first part of claim and the rest before hearing
Is he/she asking more than was discussed?
That was my thinking. If he paid 50% and willing to pay other in installment then i suppose he knew about the legal fee. May be the problem is he didnt expect about his hearing, but OP need to pay legal fee for representation. I have a feeling his lawyer wont cooperate

Masjuy

Dec 6, 2020
That was my thinking. If he paid 50% and willing to pay other in installment then i suppose he knew about the legal fee. May be the problem is he didnt expect about his hearing, but OP need to pay legal fee for representation. I have a feeling his lawyer wont cooperate
agree, his lawyer will not cooperate. I do not know how he can get the link without a lawyer

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
agree, his lawyer will not cooperate. I do not know how he can get the link without a lawyer
He can call IRB and make his case. If it’s Legal Aid lawyer, it would have been a different case as he could report the lawyer.
I suggest he calls IRB and make a case.

Smartzz

May 16, 2021
Call IRB and ask them for the link and outline the issue with your lawyer to them. Some lawyers are scammers. If anyone needs a good credible lawyer, I can recommend a very good one that specializes in immigration and refugee. She has a very good track record. The first thing she would recommend before taking your case is to sign up for legal aid to pay her.

Masjuy

Dec 6, 2020
Call IRB and ask them for the link and outline the issue with your lawyer to them. Some lawyers are scammers. If anyone needs a good credible lawyer, I can recommend a very good one that specializes in immigration and refugee. She has a very good track record. The first thing she would recommend before taking your case is to sign up for legal aid to pay her.
We cannot say that that lawyer is scammer , we do not know the deal, what they discussed about. I assume it’s too late to find another one because 4 business days left in august and hearing is in August
If applicant does not want to pay, then he should contact immigration and ask for a link otherwise borrow/ pay to lawyer

4emad4

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Thanks guys I got the link today. I'm just waiting for them to agree or not on the installment pay for the fee.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You have a wicked lawyer that is exploiting you for nothing. Your lawyer must be african or Asian. You are supposed to make only one payment until your hearing.

Let’s not make racist comments or generalization. You are viewing this from the viewpoint of someone filing. I am sure many lawyers have difficulty collecting fees especially after a hearing so I can understand the concern about getting paid. Can only imagine if someone is denied it can be even more difficult to collect fees from some people. Lawyers have done work and want a guarantee that they have had full or partial payment before the hearing because after the hearing they have a lot less recourse to collect fees.

Hws24

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
my hearing is tomorrow morning 26 Aug, the link was sent one week earlier on 18 Aug to the lawyer and he forward it to me,
Good luck to all,
I am so nervous and hope all passes smoothly,
wish us luck we have waited so long for this day. and we will keep you updated,
Timeline:
claim submitted: 02 Jan 2019
eligibility interview: 07 Feb 2019
Hearing date : 26 Aug 2021