re-do Sept 23 2014
Med's Done....
07/2013
Interview........
NOPE
Passport Req..
Oct 08 2014
nada3 said:
On the document checklist it clearly states that the proof of medical has to be included. I believe only inland applicants are not required to submit the medical upfront. I would say, better safe than sorry :)

well my bad maybe you guys are right. Maybe its just the fees you can pay later.. i dunno its been a while... i dont think they would return your whole application though.. prob just request it. but ya i wouldnt take the chance either then if its clearly stated...

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
jagoda83 said:
We had a request for Police Certificate as well on Aug 29th, we sent it on September 3rd, they received it on the 5th. However, we were notified today that the document is not correct. We got it from the police, as it was explained on the site, however that is not the correct way to obtain such document. On the site the specifications say to obtain police certificate (Uvjerenje o nekaznjavanju) from the local police station in Montenegro. If anyone is from Montenegro please note that this certificate is issued by the Ministry of justice and it has been since April of 2014. We did not know this. We learned it today and I hope that nobody else has the same issue.
I have to say they were quick for us, as they received our application on May 6th in Mississauga and on July 10th in Vienna.
That is very odd !!! Did you remember to send both the original and the official traslation?

jagoda83

Sep 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-09-2014
AOR Received.
09-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-04-2014
Interview........
05-02-2015
We sent the original and translation. We did that in the initial package and when they asked for the new one we did the same. Then we learned that the document we sent is not the one they are looking for. So we got the correct one today, translated it and sent it off.
Hopefully that is it...

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
gummybear321 said:
Hello everyone,

First-time and very anxious poster here. I'm sponsoring my husband and his application will be processed by the Vienna office. We received phase 1 approval in August 2014, but no AOR from Vienna. I guess our application is hopefully in the queue, but no way to know.

I just wanted to reach out to those of you who sponsored your spouses in 2013 to find out whether the current time frame of 17 months as given on CIC's website right now is accurate. If your sponsored family member was approved within the past few weeks, did it really take 17 full months from the time you received approval for phase 1? I am terrified right now that the time frame will continue to go up by a few months every quarter and that by the end of 2015, when I had thought we would be getting the answer already, it will be close to three years like some of the offices in other parts of the world. I guess I'm looking for some reassurance, but please be honest about your experiences. I know the Vienna office is slow but I wonder if 17 months is really accurate.

Thank you all so much for your help.
I got approval after 12 months when the processing time was 14. But yes, Vienna is really slow and you have to be patient :-(

Good luck

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
jagoda83 said:
We sent the original and translation. We did that in the initial package and when they asked for the new one we did the same. Then we learned that the document we sent is not the one they are looking for. So we got the correct one today, translated it and sent it off.
Hopefully that is it...
Well, I hope that they don't find any obsurd thing again and you get the ppr soon

mimosa86

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Woooow...

What is your country of residence if I may ask?? That is amazing. I'd kill for 12 months right now (we are about to submit in Mississauga). :(

Congrats!

little_apple said:
I got approval after 12 months when the processing time was 14. But yes, Vienna is really slow and you have to be patient :-(

Good luck

Dusica

Jul 1, 2014
I have some good news!!!! I got a letter from Vienna asking me to submit my passport within 30 days to finalize my application (It mentions that my permanent visa will expire on October 1, 2015).

Now hear this: when I checked my online application status, it says that they started working on my application on September 29th this year, and I got this letter for submission only after couple of days (Oct 2nd). So, they were at it for 3 days all together (if you can believe this)! I submitted my application outland (even though I have been staying all along in Canada on a visitors visa) to Vienna and it reached there on October 1st 2013 (after my husband was previously approved as a sponsor in Canada, in September last year).

They never asked me for any additional documents, no interview or anything. I just got one single letter that my husband was approved as a sponsor back in October last year. I never called or asked for those notes as i got super depressed when new processing time of 17 months got posted. I thought it would be way too early for any inquiry.

So, for all of you out there, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

I guess it depends on the officer assigned to the individual file. Best of luck to all!!! I haven't posted much in here and therefore unable to post my timeline, but just wanted to share with all of you good news as i know how frustrating this process is and how the feeling of uncertanity can be overwhelming.

Best of luck to all, and I hope more of us will have to share this good news!!!

mimosa86 said:
Woooow...

What is your country of residence if I may ask?? That is amazing. I'd kill for 12 months right now (we are about to submit in Mississauga). :(

Congrats!

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dusica said:
I have some good news!!!! I got a letter from Vienna asking me to submit my passport within 30 days to finalize my application (It mentions that my permanent visa will expire on October 1, 2015).

Now hear this: when I checked my online application status, it says that they started working on my application on September 29th this year, and I got this letter for submission only after couple of days (Oct 2nd). So, they were at it for 3 days all together (if you can believe this)! I submitted my application outland (even though I have been staying all along in Canada on a visitors visa) to Vienna and it reached there on October 1st 2013 (after my husband was previously approved as a sponsor in Canada, in September last year).

They never asked me for any additional documents, no interview or anything. I just got one single letter that my husband was approved as a sponsor back in October last year. I never called or asked for those notes as i got super depressed when new processing time of 17 months got posted. I thought it would be way too early for any inquiry.

I guess it depends on the officer assigned to the individual file. Best of luck to all!!! I haven't posted much in here and therefore unable to post my timeline, but just wanted to share with all of you good news as i know how frustrating this process is and how the feeling of uncertanity can be overwhelming.

Congrats! Finally the wait gets to an end for you!

Wow if your COPR is valid until October 1st 2015 Vienna extended your medicals for a 12 months? Nice!

alekgalorini

Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-6-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
DUSICA,

WHEN DID YOU APPLY??

madam-m

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dusica said:

Wou, u were very lucky. Congratulation

Are u currently in Canada? U mention that u are,on visitor visa.So how u gonna submit the passport? U gonna send them via mail or u ll go?
U were happy that they didnt ask u for new police certificate.It really depend of visa officer.

I wish u fast finish now.
Srecno.

EmiliD.

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
17-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014 ( SA )
File Transfer...
03-12-2014 ( asked Vienna via e-mail )
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-08-2014
Passport Req..
24-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2015
LANDED..........
14-03-2015
Dusica said:

Congrats Dusica so happy for you :) !!! Was it easy to get your visitor visa ? When my hubby asked officer about getting visitor visa and waiting approval in Canada he told him that after approval I have to leave Canada and entry again ,is that true ? I wish I can get visa and live with him ,this waiting game would be so much easier . Jos jednom cestitam :D

madam-m

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EmiliD. said:
Congrats Dusica so happy for you :) !!! Was it easy to get your visitor visa ? When my hubby asked officer about getting visitor visa and waiting approval in Canada he told him that after approval I have to leave Canada and entry again ,is that true ? I wish I can get visa and live with him ,this waiting game would be so much easier . Jos jednom cestitam :D
My advice for u,is that u first submit visitor multiple visa,then apply for PR. Because if u plan to do opposite,most probably they ll not give u visitor visa,and u ll not be able to go to canada,while process is on.

EmiliD.

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
17-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014 ( SA )
File Transfer...
03-12-2014 ( asked Vienna via e-mail )
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-08-2014
Passport Req..
24-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2015
LANDED..........
14-03-2015
madam-m said:
My advice for u,is that u first submit visitor multiple visa,then apply for PR. Because if u plan to do opposite,most probably they ll not give u visitor visa,and u ll not be able to go to canada,while process is on.
App is already sent to CIC.. There is nothing I can do now except wait .. Thanks

Dusica

Jul 1, 2014
Ok, what the officer said is true. If you come to Canada on a visitor visa and your pr application gets approved while in Ca you have to leave the country and reenter to get your pr status. But that doesn't mean that you have to fly back to your home country. You just go to the nearest border crossing with US (there is a special fast track line for such cases) and that's it. At least it's near from where I am in Toronto.

I had no problem whatsoever getting my visitors visa. Got a 5 year multiple visitor visa. After my initial 6 months expired (upon coming to Ca), I asked for extension of my visitors visa for another 1,5 year explaining that i want to stay with my husband in the country during the processing time of my pr application. Had no problem with that either. In fact, I could have extended even further if I needed to.

If your application for pr is in already process you have nothing to lose by applying for a visitors visa (except fee) and everything to gain.
Good luck

EmiliD. said: