VIENNA OFFICE

madam-m

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dusica said:
Ok, just so you know - I sent my pass to Vienna via FedEx (pre paid coupon) because I got no reliable info from imm about processing time in Ottawa. I should have it back within 2 weeks here.

And, I wasn't asked for new police certificate because that would not make any sense as I have been staying in Canada all along and they know that. So it would be only relevant to them if I stayed out of trouble in Canada :)))
I hope u ll receive it fast.
I am also like u in Canada,but from December last year,and I applied in September last year. So they ll ask me for police certificate for that 3months.
Were u whole time in Canada after u applied? did u travel to Canada straight away?

Dusica

Jul 1, 2014
madam-m said:
I hope u ll receive it fast.
I am also like u in Canada,but from December last year,and I applied in September last year. So they ll ask me for police certificate for that 3months.
Were u whole time in Canada after u applied? did u travel to Canada straight away?
Thank you!

I don't think that i follow what you mean about your case exactly. If you applied in Sept from your home country, came to Ca in Oct, have been staying in Ca ever since (never went back home for a longer stay) and your police certificate was valid from the date you applied from home until the time you came to Canada, then i don't think they will ask for a new one. If by the time you came to Ca, your police certificate was no longer valid, then they might.

For your question - yes. I got married in Ca, applied after that from Ca and never left the country.
Hope this clarifies things...

Radovan

Mar 31, 2014
Serbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2013
File Transfer...
20-10-2013
Med's Done....
09-07-2013
Passport Req..
17-10-2014
Helloooo everybody.... I checked my ecas this morning and the status has changed to in process! I am really excited to see that vienna is alive! I hope that everyone on this form has good news to share soon! God bless all of our applications! Peace!

Mikac15

Star Member
Feb 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2013
Doc's Request.
15-10-2014 - NEW POLICE CERTIFICATE
AOR Received.
03-01-2014
File Transfer...
23-12-2013
Med's Request
EXTENDED FOR ONE FULL YEAR
Med's Done....
13-09-2013 (EXTENDED FOR ONE FULL YEAR)
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
24-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2014
Hi everyone :)

can anyone tell me how do I send the request for GCSM notes? I am sponsoring my husband and we are both in Serbia currently and I would like to get these notes.

Thank you!

zedtoronto

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mikac15 said:
Hi everyone :)

can anyone tell me how do I send the request for GCSM notes? I am sponsoring my husband and we are both in Serbia currently and I would like to get these notes.

Thank you!
Ordering Electronic Case Notes takes 30 days Cost $5 - cic.gc.ca/english/DEPARTMENT/atip/requests-atip.asp (Immigration web site - How to make a request under the Access to Information Act) Unless of course GCSM is something else?

We filed Sept 30 (Mississauga), 2013 Processing started Oct 15, 2013 We got the case notes August 2014. All it showed was they typed in our details last November and did nothing else for 10 months. No one should be under any illusion because you have been waiting a year and someone in the same timeframe here, got their COPR today, your next. Every case is different, some are easy to work on, some a little more difficult.

I do believe the processing time has gone up from October 2013 (12 months) to 13 months (March 2014) to 14 months June 2014 and now 17 months in September the fault lies with our Conservative Government, who blame the Liberals for a backlog of applications, they inherited in 2004. That's ten years ago, surely the backlog has been cleared. Yes I do know about the strike, no problem for Temporary Foreign Workers, who were still being processed.

At one time it was a priority to reunited families under family class sponsorship, the Conservatives are dragging their feet, for some unknown reason on Sponsorships. I would hazard a guess the backlog is just as large as it was in 2004 why else has processing times climbed.

Its a waiting game and there's not much you and I can do about, but hope or elect a new government.

Nunuc

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Hi all,

I am just a little confused about the letter of employment requirement. My wife and daughter are Canadian citizens and we are applying for my PR through the Vienna office.. My wife has been living outside of Canada for 8 years. She works abroad.

Question - does my wife need a letter from her employer to sponsor me? The employer is a provincial government in Eastern Europe and we are worried that it may cause her problems if they find out about our plans, especially as it takes more than a year to get get the PR application processed. The sponsorship evaluation form 5481E asks for details about employer and salary but mentions nothing about the letter (it is mentioned in the Document Checklist).

This is especially tricky as employers here ask for the reason why you need a letter and they include it in the letter.

Thanks in advance

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nunuc said:
Hi all,

I am just a little confused about the letter of employment requirement. My wife and daughter are Canadian citizens and we are applying for my PR through the Vienna office.. My wife has been living outside of Canada for 8 years. She works abroad.

Question - does my wife need a letter from her employer to sponsor me? The employer is a provincial government in Eastern Europe and we are worried that it may cause her problems if they find out about our plans, especially as it takes more than a year to get get the PR application processed. The sponsorship evaluation form 5481E asks for details about employer and salary but mentions nothing about the letter (it is mentioned in the Document Checklist).

This is especially tricky as employers here ask for the reason why you need a letter and they include it in the letter.

Thanks in advance
We had the same issue when we applied last year.

When my wife asked her employer she told her boss that she received a letter from CRA and she needs a letter of employment to proof that she is working for a non Canadian company in order to avoid having to pay taxes in Canada.

They didn't question it and did not write the purpose into the letter of employment. If they had we would have attached a note for CIC explaining that we did not want my wife's employer to know about our plans to move to canada as soon as my pr visa is approved.

happydude

Oct 6, 2014
Hey Everybody, long time lurker, first time poster here.

Just wanted to let all you (rightfully) frustrated people know not to give up. After 14 long months with little to no communication, we have finally received my COPR today!

My wife and I applied for her to sponsor me for Permanent Residency in July 2013. Vienna received our application late July. We got a question regarding one of the answers on the forms in September 2013, which I found hopeful, as it meant somebody was looking at our application. It was however followed by a year of silence. With so much riding on it, and essentially having put my life on hold, this was frustrating to say the least.

Our eCAS status suddenly changed to "in process" in September 2014, immediately followed by a request for renewal of our police certificate (which was only valid for one year, and had expired). We worried it might be an automated action, since we received it pretty near exactly one year after the question for clarification. We still hurried getting a new one, and sent it right away. Luckily the Dutch government police certificates (VOG) come with both a Dutch and an English text, so no translation was necessary.

That was two weeks ago. Today the mailman delivers a COPR.

All in all it was a lot of work, and a frustrating process. Not hearing anything at all for over a year is, to put it in strong Canadian terms very impolite, but it's more than worth it to be with my lovely wife.

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
happydude said:
Hey Everybody, long time lurker, first time poster here.

Just wanted to let all you (rightfully) frustrated people know not to give up. After 14 long months with little to no communication, we have finally received my COPR today!

My wife and I applied for her to sponsor me for Permanent Residency in July 2013, Vienna received our application late July. We got a question regarding one of the answers on the forms in September 2013, which I found hopeful, as it meant somebody was looking at our application. It was however followed by a year of silence. With so much riding on it, and essentially having put my life on hold, this was frustrating to say the least.

Our eCAS status suddenly changed to "in process" in September 2014, immediately followed by a request for renewal of our police certificate (which was only valid for one year, and had expired). We worried it might be an automated action, since we received it pretty near exactly one year after the question for clarification. We still hurried getting a new one, and sent it right away. Luckily the Dutch government police certificates (VOG) come with both a Dutch and an English text, so no translation was necessary.

That was two weeks ago. Today the mailman delivers a COPR.

All in all it was a lot of work, and a frustrating process. Not hearing anything at all for over a year is, to put it in strong Canadian terms very impolite, but it's more than worth it to be with my lovely wife.
Congratulations! Thank you very much for sharing your story! Enjoy your new life together.

May I ask for how long the COPR is valid for?

happydude

Oct 6, 2014
Kopje said:
Congratulations! Thank you very much for sharing your story! Enjoy your new life together.

May I ask for how long the COPR is valid for?
But of course you may. It is valid for (weirdly) a little over 11 months. Not quite a full year for some reason.

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
happydude said:
But of course you may. It is valid for (weirdly) a little over 11 months. Not quite a full year for some reason.
Thank you very much! Hopefully I'll receive my COPR also two weeks after I've submitted my new police certificate. Ordered the new police certificate today. Apparently it takes 8-10 days. Plus an additional 3-6 days to get it translated and certified. I guess after waiting for almost 13 months we will be able to wait another few weeks.

happydude

Oct 6, 2014
Kopje said:
Thank you very much! Hopefully I'll receive my COPR also two weeks after I've submitted my new police certificate. Ordered the new police certificate today. Apparently it takes 8-10 days. Plus an additional 3-6 days to get it translated and certified. I guess after waiting for almost 13 months we will be able to wait another few weeks.
Yeah, there's some processing time, but unless you have something to worry about police clearance wise, it should be a formality. As far as I can tell, Vienna approved our application within a week after receiving the certificate. It's possible the COPR is linked to the police clearance, which would also explain the weird expiration date.

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
happydude said:
Yeah, there's some processing time, but unless you have something to worry about police clearance wise, it should be a formality. As far as I can tell, Vienna approved our application within a week after receiving the certificate. It's possible the COPR is linked to the police clearance, which would also explain the weird expiration date.
I assume they want to ensure each applicant is still criminally admissible to Canada after a year has passed since the initial police certificate. I've nothing to worry about. It's just a formality which will add another few weeks to our processing time.

mapleleafgirl

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
Kopje said:
I assume they want to ensure each applicant is still criminally admissible to Canada after a year has passed since the initial police certificate. I've nothing to worry about. It's just a formality which will add another few weeks to our processing time.
Kopje, if you tell them the police certificate needs to be done ASAP, then can make an exception. Same with the translation. My husband got his police certificate on the same day, and it took 2 days to get the translation done.