NONE
Passport Req..
02-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2019
LANDED..........
21-04-2019
**Prepaid Waybill courier help**

Hey all, May 2 applicant here, just got PPR on January 3 and have confirmed today via email that they are sending CoPR. For anyone who is in our situation, we moved partway through our application process from Netherlands to Mexico/Canada, so arranging a courier was a nightmare.

Here's what you do:

Book online via UPS Austria. Do not book it as a "return" label, just create it as a regular one-way shipment online! We did not enter a real phone number in the required section (we just put in their fax number), because of course Vienna does not have an office number. We chose for email notifications, and make sure you check the box that says "Signature required" otherwise I'm not sure if it'll be tracked. The online system will then ask you for a collection/pickup time. Make sure you email the Vienna office to confirm, but they typically will allow for shipments from Monday to Thurs 8:30am to 12:30pm and 1:30pm to 4:00pm, and on Fridays 8:30am to 1:30pm.

It cost about 42 Euros and the turnaround time was less than a week. If you're in Netherlands I would say the regular registered post would be reliable enough though. But if you want a private courier, try UPS because they seem to be the only ones who will allow you to book an international prepaid waybill online!

Good luck!
Congratulations!!! Great to see some of us are getting good news. 7 months is a really decent wait time. I wish it were like that for most of us, but since recent applicants have had an extremely long wait just to receive AOR1 and SA, it looks like it is going to be a much longer wait for a DM.
I am a Sept. 13th applicant and we are still waiting for SA.
Thanks for the tips and good luck to you! :)

Reactions: jaybird

jaybird

Jun 17, 2018
THANK YOU for taking the time to post this! We are probably going to be in the same position in a few months and I was already dreading having to sort this out from abroad. This info is super helpful! :)
Also, if you do end up trying at a courier shop in-store, keep in mind that a lot of the times the turnover rate is high and so lots of employees are giving different answers. I noticed this when I was researching how to get a courier - some people even posted that UPS couldn't do it. It seems like they are just getting bad information.
Anyway, online is the way to go! Good luck to you!

Reactions: schweisy

bhrizvi

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
Hi, I need advice.

I received PPR this morning after 9 months of my application submission. My medical expiration date is February 13, 2019 and I am requested to submit my passport within 30 days. Once they receive the passport they will return it with PR visa which will have the expiry until my medical expiration AND I HAVE to enter Canada before February 13.

This is a highly unrealistic scenario since the transition of my passport from VAC to Embassy + the return of my passport will take some time and most probably the Visa will be expired during transition. Otherwise I'll be left with 2 or 3 days to travel to Canada which is a question mark in itself.
What should I do, any advice?

Last edited:

jaybird

Jun 17, 2018
Hi, I need advice.

I received PPR this morning after 9 months of my application submission. My medical expiration date is February 13, 2019 and I am requested to submit my passport within 30 days. Once they receive the passport they will return it with PR visa which will have the expiry until my medical expiration AND I HAVE to enter Canada before February 13.

This is a highly unrealistic scenario since the transition of my passport from VAC to Embassy + the return of my passport will take some time and most probably the Visa will be expired during transition. Otherwise I'll be left with 2 or 3 days to travel to Canada which is a question mark in itself.
The IRCC officer is actually quite subjective on applications, they have the power to make exceptions. Our PCCs were actually questionably expired by the time we got CoPR approved, so it shows that they are quite subjective in their decisions. My suggestion would be to not worry about it, the officer will be able to see this on their own and will either give you a more reasonable landing date or worst case scenario you'd have to do another medical exam. I've seen several others (not VIenna specific) be required to do another medical exam, so it's not the end of the world if it expires.

bhrizvi

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
The IRCC officer is actually quite subjective on applications, they have the power to make exceptions. Our PCCs were actually questionably expired by the time we got CoPR approved, so it shows that they are quite subjective in their decisions. My suggestion would be to not worry about it, the officer will be able to see this on their own and will either give you a more reasonable landing date or worst case scenario you'd have to do another medical exam. I've seen several others (not VIenna specific) be required to do another medical exam, so it's not the end of the world if it expires.

They have extended the validity. Submitting my passport now. Thank you for the help. :D

Reactions: jaybird

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi, I need advice.

Glückwünsche

S1234

Mar 9, 2016
Question i have a friend she is married and her and the husband are done he is moving out after she sponsored him and he is been in Canada for 2.5 years if she wants to send him back home can she do that and how would she go with this
Thanks

John013

Jun 17, 2017
The Netherlands
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-06-2017
File Transfer...
03-07-2017
Med's Request
02-11-2017
Med's Done....
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2018
LANDED..........
06-10-2018
Question i have a friend she is married and her and the husband are done he is moving out after she sponsored him and he is been in Canada for 2.5 years if she wants to send him back home can she do that and how would she go with this
Thanks
She cant send him back, he is a PR now.

Yuyu889988

Apr 25, 2018
I am may 1st sponsor does anyone know what month vienna is working on now. Our file was transferred in august and there has been 0 updates.

06hoquen

Nov 1, 2018
**Prepaid Waybill courier help**

Hey all, May 2 applicant here, just got PPR on January 3 and have confirmed today via email that they are sending CoPR. For anyone who is in our situation, we moved partway through our application process from Netherlands to Mexico/Canada, so arranging a courier was a nightmare.

Here's what you do:

Book a shipment online via UPS Austria. There is one method that forces you to open a UPS account to complete this shipment, but if you do it correctly, there should be an option to pay via credit card. So, if you find that you are being forced to open a UPS account, just explore a little bit on the UPS website and try a different way because that's how we found out. Do not book it as a "return" label, just create it as a regular one-way shipment online! We did not enter a real phone number in the required section (we just put in their fax number), because of course Vienna does not have an office number. We chose for email notifications, and make sure you check the box that says "Signature required" otherwise I'm not sure if it'll be tracked. The online system will then ask you for a collection/pickup time. Make sure you email the Vienna office to confirm, but they typically will allow for shipments from Monday to Thurs 8:30am to 12:30pm and 1:30pm to 4:00pm, and on Fridays 8:30am to 1:30pm.

It cost about 42 Euros and the turnaround time was less than a week. If you're in Netherlands I would say the regular registered post would be reliable enough though. But if you want a private courier, try UPS because they seem to be the only ones who will allow you to book an international prepaid waybill online!

Good luck!
Hi wanted to know when was your file transfer to Vienna ? And before transferring when did they start processing initially the time frames. Thank you.

jaybird

Jun 17, 2018
Hi wanted to know when was your file transfer to Vienna ? And before transferring when did they start processing initially the time frames. Thank you.
Hi there, we applied on May 2 to Mississauga, and it was transferred over to Vienna. Not sure when it was transferred, but Vienna received it on July 17

Also reminder to all that our Vienna group is /DzkapGEutR98PguIxC8qBv
Just add that to end after c h a t . w h at s a p p . c o m /

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
Hey Vienna veterans! I'm currently in the midst of trying to decide when my husband (PA) and I should be buying our flights to move back to Canada, and am trying (probably hopelessly I know) to get a grasp on what the average is to COPR lately for applicants like us. My husband is a German citizen and we need to move to Canada by the summer at the latest in order for him to start university in the fall, where he's already accepted. Basically, we have to decide whether to gamble on waiting to the last possible minute for COPR, arrive under dual intent, or apply for a student permit for him.

From skimming the (relatively small) number of Vienna applicants posting here, it seems like a lot are applying from non-visa-exempt Balkan countries. I'm wondering if the timelines are any different for those applying from Germany/Netherlands or if it's pretty much the same for everyone, but it's hard to get an overview with seemingly so few people around applying from visa-exempt countries. If anyone has any insight into this, I'd love to hear it!

WYWH

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
10-09-2018
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
28-01-2019
Med's Request
22-01-2019
Med's Done....
25-01-2019
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
02-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2019
LANDED..........
21-04-2019
Hey Vienna veterans! I'm currently in the midst of trying to decide when my husband (PA) and I should be buying our flights to move back to Canada, and am trying (probably hopelessly I know) to get a grasp on what the average is to COPR lately for applicants like us. My husband is a German citizen and we need to move to Canada by the summer at the latest in order for him to start university in the fall, where he's already accepted. Basically, we have to decide whether to gamble on waiting to the last possible minute for COPR, arrive under dual intent, or apply for a student permit for him.

From skimming the (relatively small) number of Vienna applicants posting here, it seems like a lot are applying from non-visa-exempt Balkan countries. I'm wondering if the timelines are any different for those applying from Germany/Netherlands or if it's pretty much the same for everyone, but it's hard to get an overview with seemingly so few people around applying from visa-exempt countries. If anyone has any insight into this, I'd love to hear it!
It is really hard to say what timeline you can expect, but from what I have seen in other posts (this may just be my perception), applicants from Switzerland were getting their apps processed super fast, for example. I believe Netherlands, Germany and similar countries are somewhat faster than the non-visa exempt countries too, but then again, each case is different. It depends how busy they are in the next few months and how long it takes them to complete BGC, but like you said, it is a gamble, as there is no sure way to predict the completion date. You might want to find out how long it takes to get a student visa and maybe have that as a back up option if nothing seems to move forward in the next couple of months. Good luck to you. :)