+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Victoria / Vancouver

RaoulVic

Mar 3, 2013
It can take weeks if not months to get PR card renewed, so I would advise sending your application now for summer travel.

Maple Eagle

Sep 27, 2012
My timeline:

Applied in May 2011
In Process in April 2012
Test in December 2012
Oath in April 2013

Best always,
Maple Eagle

Maple Eagle

Sep 27, 2012
I have received my oath invitation, CIC has mailed out the letter to me on March 19.
However, my ecas status still has not been updated. I find that a bit strange.
Anyone with a similar experience?

Best of luck and keep the faith!

Maple Eagle

bcwaj

Nov 13, 2012
Hello All:

As I prepare for my test on the 22nd, could someone who went through the experience recently tell us a bit more about it? I presume it is a multiple choice 20 questions. Are there interviews/document checks?

Thanks. I seem to be doing fine in the practice tests, so hope there are no curveballs :)

cadvis

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
bcwaj said:
Hello All:

As I prepare for my test on the 22nd, could someone who went through the experience recently tell us a bit more about it? I presume it is a multiple choice 20 questions. Are there interviews/document checks?

Thanks. I seem to be doing fine in the practice tests, so hope there are no curveballs :)
i recommend you study hard for the exam. there are several online websites that help you practice the test. I took my exam and scored 20/20 last month. I subscribed to one of the online website and practiced the exam topics after reading the book two times. Hope this helps..

Maple Eagle

Sep 27, 2012
Hello bcwaj,

How did your test go, where did you write it? 8)

@All:
Is the number of guests I can bring to the oath ceremony limited in any way? Like one friend per person or so? I mean, if everybody brings five friends it would get pretty full, eh?!

;)

Maple Eagle

Sep 27, 2012
Maple Eagle said:
Hello bcwaj,

How did your test go, where did you write it? 8)

@ All:
Is the number of guests I can bring to the oath ceremony limited in any way? Like one friend per person or so? I mean, if everybody brings five friends it would get pretty full, eh?!

;)

Sorry about the date mixup bcwaj - can you let us know after your test how it went? Good luck!!

sunshine_25

Feb 1, 2013
Thank God, I am now officially Canadian... after 27 months....

here is my timeline:

received: January 20, 2011
in process: January 12, 2012
citizenship test: October 18, 2012
Oath: April 25, 2013

Maple Eagle

Sep 27, 2012
I had my ceremony today and it was quite moving.
Now I am Canadian. Awesome.

The mighty Maple Eagle takes off from here now!

jeleni

Jan 13, 2006
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 2010 - Parent Sponsorship
Doc's Request.
July 30, '14/submitted on 9/12/14
AOR Received.
Dec. 8, 2014
File Transfer...
Jan. 27 '15 to Ottawa (Sponsor's ECAS - DM Feb.2 '15)
Med's Request
May 16,'15
Med's Done....
May 20,'15 w/ addtl test Aug. 24, '15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep. 30, 2015 / Submitted: Oct. 6, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2015
cloee said:
@ Jeleni, hope you hear back soon. Did they allow to separate your application from your husband's? have they been invited for Oath?
Just got the invitation letter for my husband and son to take their oath on May 17, 2013. Our files were separated after 3 weeks from my request. He was asked on Mar. 20 for fingerprints and submitted digital on 1st week of April. Yesterday, we received their invitation. In summary, from request to separate files to oath letter was almost 2.5 months. From receipt of application to oath, 22 months.

maomao

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jeleni said:
Just got the invitation letter for my husband and son to take their oath on May 17, 2013. Our files were separated after 3 weeks from my request. He was asked on Mar. 20 for fingerprints and submitted digital on 1st week of April. Yesterday, we received their invitation. In summary, from request to separate files to oath letter was almost 2.5 months. From receipt of application to oath, 22 months.
HI CAN U TELL ME YOUR CITY?

VIC OR VAN?

THANKS

bcwaj

Nov 13, 2012
Maple Eagle said:
Sorry about the date mixup bcwaj - can you let us know after your test how it went? Good luck!!
I think my April 22nd Victoria test went as well as can be expected, nothing like 27 years of school to learn how to take tests :) Now, begin the wait to see if anything funny happens with my application, like an RQ, or ... We were told to wait 3-4 months before checking, so I assume I'll start checking the website beginning of June. Fingers crossed... Have US travel plans middle of June, but I assume nothing will happen at that time because the next tentatively scheduled visit to Victoria is August, we were told. There were at least 30 people taking the test that day. The staff was friendly and even made photocopies for people.

jeleni

Jan 13, 2006
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 2010 - Parent Sponsorship
Doc's Request.
July 30, '14/submitted on 9/12/14
AOR Received.
Dec. 8, 2014
File Transfer...
Jan. 27 '15 to Ottawa (Sponsor's ECAS - DM Feb.2 '15)
Med's Request
May 16,'15
Med's Done....
May 20,'15 w/ addtl test Aug. 24, '15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep. 30, 2015 / Submitted: Oct. 6, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2015
maomao said:
HI CAN U TELL ME YOUR CITY?