+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Victoria / Vancouver

Maple Eagle

Sep 27, 2012
Hello erveryone,

Is someone in the same boat? I applied in May 2011, received the study booklet in the same month and my application was begun to be processed in April of 2012. So almost one year later...
As of today I still have not heard anything regarding my test date. That is five months of waiting now - the uncertainty is driving me nuts. After the closure of the Victoria office my file should be handled in Vancouver. Does anyone have a similar wait time or is this quite normal these days?

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It can be up to 8-9 months after they start processing until they set a test date. General rule is that if you don't have test date after 8 months of processing, you should call CIC and they'll send notice to your local office that they should schedule a test asap. Though there have been reports that it can take more than 9 months to schedule test because of effects of CIC budget cuts and thus increasing processing times.

E

erikag

EasyRider said:
It can be up to 8-9 months after they start processing until they set a test date. General rule is that if you don't have test date after 8 months of processing, you should call CIC and they'll send notice to your local office that they should schedule a test asap. Though there have been reports that it can take more than 9 months to schedule test because of effects of CIC budget cuts and thus increasing processing times.
Actually the 8-9 months start when they transfer the file to the local office ...

Maple Eagle

Sep 27, 2012
Thank you for your responses.
Anybody else from the West Coast who has experience re. the timeline from "in process" til test date?
I am prepared and would like to take my exam asap!

karmadoc

Oct 15, 2012
I'm interested in an answer to this question also.
I applied October 2011. Got my acknowledgement letter and study guide early December (they received my application October 31st 2011). My status was just changed a couple of weeks ago to "in process" they started processing my application on October 4th 2012.
So how long will it be before I receive a letter requesting me to write the exam?
I live in Victoria and our Citizenship office was one of the victims of the budget cuts. I sure hope they don't expect me to go to Vancouver for any of this otherwise I'll be putting in an expense claim to the good old Harper government for the ferry fare both ways ;D

Rosebud

Oct 12, 2012
Hi,

I know how it feels as I have been in Canada since Mar 2006 as a Permanent resident and still waiting for citizenship ceremony invitation. My procedure started in Aug 2009 when they received my citizenship application. In Nov 2010 I received my test date letter for Dec 2010. Then in May 2012 they finished all security checks and still I have not received my invitation for the ceremony and some people have become citizen although they came after me and they received invitation within 3 mths from the test date. I don't know why Vancouver Office( Expo Blvd Office) is not clearing the earlier applications in first come first serve manner. So Good Luck

Maple Eagle

Sep 27, 2012
Hello,

Can you please share your experience regarding the Ecas status?
I.e. when does CIC update the status? Right after they mail out a written notification (like same day) or long after they sent out a letter? I know the status is usually updated on Tuesdays but I would like to know whether there is a delay in the change of status online or whether it reflects the actual situation of an application on the day I check it.

Thanks for your replies!

Maple Eagle

Sep 27, 2012
When is the next test date in Vancouver? Can you pls share any information you have regarding the time line - particularly for (former) Victoria office applicants? I am waiting for my date since May 2011. :eek:

bcwaj

Nov 13, 2012
Maple Eagle:

I am in the same situation here, applied May 2011 from Victoria, started processing application on April 26, 2012, nothing happened ever since. It is costing me a lot of money and time in having to renew my Indian passport, and potentially my PR card if things don't get settled soon.

Let us know if things change.

Maple Eagle

Sep 27, 2012
Hi bcwaj,

I will post any updates, no problem.
I think the issue in all the Victoria cases is that our files were transferred over to Vancouver - where they pile up now. Let us hope for a test date in December. That's what I do! Please keep me posted on your situation as well.

Best,
Maple Eagle

Maple Eagle

Sep 27, 2012
Update!

I am scheduled for my test on December 13th - and it takes place in Victoria!
Fantastic, eh? The dreadful wait is finally over...

:)

Maple Eagle

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Victoria applicants will not have to go to vancouver. They send staff from vancouver to victoria for test and oaths.

How long it takes, nobody can say. My file was transferred to victoria in Feb 2012 and then moved to vancouver after the office closed. I wrote the test in October.

I was told that the vancouver staff will be back in victoria in december for another round of tests and oaths.

There's more wait after writing the test.