+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Victoria / Vancouver

cit_izen

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
So, I had my test on 22nd, and scored 100%. The interviewed coincidently had worked with my previous employer, so we shared pleasantries..now the concern is..taht since I had lost one of my passport and had no photocopy for it and also cuz I had over 32 stamps on my passport, she asked me to sign a formw hich will allow her to pull records from CBSA. She said, if she has any concerns, she will get in touch with me via letter otherwise I will get a oath letter in a month or 2.....been a bit concerned since then! I asked her if this is RQ..and she said no not at all...she said if I was to contact CBSA for records, it will take longer, but if she did, it would be much quicker..she even hinted that I should avoid changing my address to the new province where I am presently to allow a quicker oath ceremony if all is well,...

I had only given a buffer of few days (5) before I applied...can I be in trouble because of this? what will be the consequence if I am less thatn 1095. I don't think the fact that I work for the government for the past 7 years has any consideration.

singlet

Mar 25, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
AOR Received.
02-10-2014
From what I understand, she is doing a big favor for you. It takes very long time for ppl to get the form from CBSA and now she saves you a lot of time.
I don't think you will have problem as long as your records show that you have waited for 1095 days before application. However, even 1 or 2 days less than 1095 days will create a big issue. I read from this forum about one case that one lady withdraw her case due to two days less than 1095 days.
Good luck.

cit_izen said:
So, I had my test on 22nd, and scored 100%. The interviewed coincidently had worked with my previous employer, so we shared pleasantries..now the concern is..taht since I had lost one of my passport and had no photocopy for it and also cuz I had over 32 stamps on my passport, she asked me to sign a formw hich will allow her to pull records from CBSA. She said, if she has any concerns, she will get in touch with me via letter otherwise I will get a oath letter in a month or 2.....been a bit concerned since then! I asked her if this is RQ..and she said no not at all...she said if I was to contact CBSA for records, it will take longer, but if she did, it would be much quicker..she even hinted that I should avoid changing my address to the new province where I am presently to allow a quicker oath ceremony if all is well,...

I had only given a buffer of few days (5) before I applied...can I be in trouble because of this? what will be the consequence if I am less thatn 1095. I don't think the fact that I work for the government for the past 7 years has any consideration.

FabianMexico

Oct 19, 2014
BC Itinerant Services will come to Victoria mid October 2014, I received the letter for my test on Sept 10, 2014, my test and interview is on Oct 23rd, 2014 at 8:31am at Victoria in Yates st.

I sent my original application on July 2013,
got back to me as incomplete in Sept 2013,
resend it on September 2013,
got receipt notice on Nov 2013.

My case was special because I have been in Canada for 1095 days, but about 300 of those days I was overseas working for a Private Canadian Corporation, so I was requested information about my travels including airplane tickets, hotel receipts and name of people I met while working overseas as well as an explanation what was I doing there. I fill 2 boxes with all the documents, 98% of them printed from my email and personal calendar as I keep track of it there. I also had to send copies of my passport with all pages with visa entries.

Today, while I was preparing for the test using an excellent tool:

Richmond Public Library Citizenship test,

while reading my invitation letter, I noticed that also after the test I'll have an interview with a CIC official (not sure if he/she will be a Judge or not) and to bring all the submitted documents as well as passports, PR card and the notice to appear. My concern is that I didn't make any copies of the 2 boxes of documents I sent on my travels.

If someone has the same experience having to justify time outside Canada within the 1095 days, please let me know.

Also, my next question is what to expect on the interview. I already know what to expect on the test, but not on the interview.

Thank you

FabianMexico

Oct 19, 2014
Hi again,

Just an update:

I did my test yesterday, got there 2 minutes before the 8:31am schedule, started test at 8:44am after they give us all the instructions. I was thinking I was answering fast, but at least 3 people answered the test in less than 5 minutes. I finished it in about 10 minutes, the perks of being one of the first to finish is that you can be one of the first to go to interview.

At the interview, they are super friendly, just asking you things about your application, that way they can hear you speak English and they can get to know you better.

Looks like before the interview they do not go very deep into the application because I was told they will need to review my application further because I applied before I could have 1095 days (because of my work travels).

At the end of the test they did mention to us that there will be an Oath ceremony in the middle of December 2014 in Victoria but if we needed to expedite things because of December travel plans, they have an oath ceremony in Vancouver on the 1st of December.

I asked my interviewer when should I expect to hear from them but he did not tell me, just a quick, I have to review.... (but very nice guys)

Anyway, now I will have to wait further notice.

yuz

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
vicsunshine said:
Hi, who has good news about oath at the middle of Dec.?
Do u know if they will also do the citizenship test in Dec? or is this a ceremony only event?

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yuz said:
Do u know if they will also do the citizenship test in Dec? or is this a ceremony only event?
Bakaboy has his Exam scheduled for mid december:

Bakaboy said:
Got an update e-cas today with the citizenship test:

We sent you a notice on November 7, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on December 10, 2014 at 8:05 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.

Application Received: July 7, 2014
In Process: August 27, 2014
Received Line Disappeared: Still there
Received by mail AOR and Book : First or second week of September?

It think it's quite fast, although some seem to have been processed faster. No complaints though. :D
Bakaboy said:
My local office is Vancouver.

yuz

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Paco said:
Bakaboy has his Exam scheduled for mid december:
Thanks Paco!!

I just received my test invitation today
timeline:
received Oct 31, 2013,
processing Jan. 28, 2014