Mar 25, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
AOR Received.
02-10-2014
congratulations! Did they tell you when you will have the oath ceremony?

aalt said:
Passed today! 20/20 :D

aalt

Apr 29, 2014
They give you guys a choice! She asked me if I wanted to Wait till late October to do it in Victoria or august but in van ! I chose august in Vancouver because most of my friends have moved there in the past two years anyways plus it's an excuse to go on a trip and celebrate!

Study study study the tests were all different for everyone , I think the tricky part is the actual answers as they can be a bit ambiguous, after answering all, go through it one more time and make sure you don't forget any! (I almost did) don't be nervous during the interview afterwards (the officers were all nice and smiling and genuinely interested about you.) if you need an extra push with the studying go to citizenshipsupport.ca and get it! It's 30 dollars and worth it! At least you will know you did everything

Another tip read the book 3 times and highlight dates and NAMES, the book is only 187 pages it took me 2 hours tops in one go and then I read it again 2 more times

tsuhao

Star Member
Dec 29, 2013
aalt said:
They give you guys a choice! She asked me if I wanted to Wait till late October to do it in Victoria or august but in van ! I chose august in Vancouver because most of my friends have moved there in the past two years anyways plus it's an excuse to go on a trip and celebrate!

Study study study the tests were all different for everyone , I think the tricky part is the actual answers as they can be a bit ambiguous, after answering all, go through it one more time and make sure you don't forget any! (I almost did) don't be nervous during the interview afterwards (the officers were all nice and smiling and genuinely interested about you.) if you need an extra push with the studying go to citizenshipsupport.ca and get it! It's 30 dollars and worth it! At least you will know you did everything

Another tip read the book 3 times and highlight dates and NAMES, the book is only 187 pages it took me 2 hours tops in one go and then I read it again 2 more times
Congrats

Few question here.

Are you doing the test in Victoria?

How is the test looks like? Is that similar to this one?
http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/index.cfm?province=BC

Are they telling you the scores right after the test?

How did you ask them letting you do the oath in Vancouver?

Thank you.

singlet

Mar 25, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
AOR Received.
02-10-2014
Passed today, very easy
Recommend an app called "Canadian citizenship quiz", which is funded by cic and is free.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singlet said:
Passed today, very easy
Recommend an app called "Canadian citizenship quiz", which is funded by cic and is free.
Congraz!
Whats your timeline.

singlet

Mar 25, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
AOR Received.
02-10-2014
tks
Almost 2 years now

singlet

Mar 25, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
AOR Received.
02-10-2014
I didn't. This timeline is quite common for ppl in Victoria since we don't have a visa office. There was a visa office few years ago in Vic. However, it was closed due to the budget cut. Now the officers from Vancouver regularly come to vic every xxx month to handle the exam and ceremony... that's why our cases are slower than 80% of others.
One of my friends moved to Calgary and started a new job there. We almost applied at the same time in Vic and have very similar history. Normally transferring case to another city leads to a delay for pr or citizenship applications. Guess what? She got her passport Feb 2014 already...
We just have to be patient since we are living in a nice beautiful city without a visa office

yuz

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
aalt said:

This implies they will come back in October I guess.
For those who took the test week ago, could you kindly share your timeline, so I can get an idea whether I can catch the October test?

mrnice

Feb 26, 2012
How Much Longer?

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 9, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 9, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 9, 2013.

Vlora1983

Jun 4, 2014
Hi,
I also took test around Canada Day in Victoria. I haven't received Oath letter so far, nor any e-status update for ceremony in Vancouver in August.

Please post the good news if anyone has received the notice. Thanks a lot. I will do the same :) Good luck to all of us in Victoria.

chelavnzuo

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
singlet said:
I didn't. This timeline is quite common for ppl in Victoria since we don't have a visa office. There was a visa office few years ago in Vic. However, it was closed due to the budget cut. Now the officers from Vancouver regularly come to vic every xxx month to handle the exam and ceremony... that's why our cases are slower than 80% of others.
One of my friends moved to Calgary and started a new job there. We almost applied at the same time in Vic and have very similar history. Normally transferring case to another city leads to a delay for pr or citizenship applications. Guess what? She got her passport Feb 2014 already...
We just have to be patient since we are living in a nice beautiful city without a visa office
My understanding is both Victoria and Vancouver share the same visa office in Vancouver, and the applicants are given the option to choose where they want to take the oath (Vancouver or Victoria). That being said, if one applies from Victoria and decides to attend the ceremony in Vancouver, then he/she is no different to a Vancouver applicant in terms of average processing time.