+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Very disappointing and frustrating Canadian Immigration system

poissonmagique

Star Member
May 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blackpool_98 said:
Sir, I have applied in 2004 and still awaiting for next step. I know its frustrating but the main thing is what else we can do.
Pray, pray, and pray even more. Want it to work, but it has been a major struggle.

poissonmagique

Star Member
May 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wonder if there is any other way to prove language proficiency, like using the assessment results given by an Canadian immigration officer from a previous application. Because in my previous application, the officer mentions there that I have intermediate French ability, and can speak English fluently.

Anybody who have done this, please do share your experiences.

kane

Star Member
Jul 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
DAKAR
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 2009
Doc's Request.
MAY 2010
AOR Received.
MAY 2010
IELTS Request
MAY 2010
Med's Request
MARCH 2012
Med's Done....
MAY 6TH 2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
MARCH 13TH 2012
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 1ST 2012
LANDED..........
MARCH 2013
Poisson,i really emphatize with your situation but i believe things happen for a reason.
I think when we apply,we tend to put our lives on hold until the results,whether it's positive or negative.
i think also we should all have a back up plan in case it's negative so that we can move forward without wasting our time(easier said than done).
i also believe the CIC website is very clear as far as getting all the info you need to apply,if you think you qualify under any category,then God willing you'll succeed,but if you don't qualify and still apply then it becomes riskyfor you.
i been reading this forum since 2008 and i've seen far more people being approved than rejected (10/2 ratio).
Poisson be patient gather your documents and make sure you communicate with the forum about any question you might have.

truthseeker

Apr 9, 2010
poissonmagique said:
I wonder if there is any other way to prove language proficiency, like using the assessment results given by an Canadian immigration officer from a previous application. Because in my previous application, the officer mentions there that I have intermediate French ability, and can speak English fluently.

Anybody who have done this, please do share your experiences.
Please anybody answer this, as it seems very important.

truthseeker

Apr 9, 2010
kane said:
Poisson,i really emphatize with your situation but i believe things happen for a reason.
I think when we apply,we tend to put our lives on hold until the results,whether it's positive or negative.
i think also we should all have a back up plan in case it's negative so that we can move forward without wasting our time(easier said than done).
i also believe the CIC website is very clear as far as getting all the info you need to apply,if you think you qualify under any category,then God willing you'll succeed,but if you don't qualify and still apply then it becomes riskyfor you.
i been reading this forum since 2008 and i've seen far more people being approved than rejected (10/2 ratio).
Poisson be patient gather your documents and make sure you communicate with the forum about any question you might have.
I'm new to this site, so please bear with me.

Truth be told, don't you think rejected people will tend to keep a low-profile, and approved people will tend to celebrate and tell everybody about their success? You will more likely notice the approved people in the forums more, than the rejected people. So this means your analysis of 10/2 success ratio may not be accurate. Maybe somebody has the real success rate of all people in this forum?

kane

Star Member
Jul 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
DAKAR
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 2009
Doc's Request.
MAY 2010
AOR Received.
MAY 2010
IELTS Request
MAY 2010
Med's Request
MARCH 2012
Med's Done....
MAY 6TH 2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
MARCH 13TH 2012
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 1ST 2012
LANDED..........
MARCH 2013
Guys,i think the only way you can provide a good language assessment is to take the ielts or tef test and get a score good enough to satisfy the immigration officer.
If you have that letter from the previous officer from the previous case then send it,but again it will depend on them to make that assessment.
The test score is the best way to go.

kane

Star Member
Jul 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
DAKAR
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 2009
Doc's Request.
MAY 2010
AOR Received.
MAY 2010
IELTS Request
MAY 2010
Med's Request
MARCH 2012
Med's Done....
MAY 6TH 2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
MARCH 13TH 2012
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 1ST 2012
LANDED..........
MARCH 2013
Truthseeker you might be right,but 5 of my friends applied in 2007 and they all got approved too.
so i'm going with my experience as well.But again you might be right.

truthseeker

Apr 9, 2010
kane said:
Truthseeker you might be right,but 5 of my friends applied in 2007 and they all got approved too.
so i'm going with my experience as well.But again you might be right.
how many of your friends applied for immigration? and how many of your friends submitted IELTS?

kane

Star Member
Jul 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
DAKAR
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 2009
Doc's Request.