+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** VANCOUVER VISA OFFICE TIMELINES****

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
Yeah what ever you mentioned is true but only this VO is facing this issue other VO applicants not waiting till 6 months their application is processing very fast
well theres actually worse vo's like edmonton. I think within this VO, a lot will depend on each specific officer. Particularly, i got a bad ones that decided to request the same rcmp twice. so yea..

I think you are confusing applicants that applied after march. It is true that those are processed faster as thats when restrictions were lifted and rumour has it that a group of those applicants are assigned to specific officiers within VOs to process apps faster. That is why i completely stopped looking at facebook groups and such, as i know that ours are thrown in a backlog, not in those fast groups. Most ppl in this VO are waiting anywhere from 6-9 months for approval. I know it sucks, but youre still within normal-ish for this vo.

sumitsaurav

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
well theres actually worse vo's like edmonton. I think within this VO, a lot will depend on each specific officer. Particularly, i got a bad ones that decided to request the same rcmp twice. so yea..

I think you are confusing applicants that applied after march. It is true that those are processed faster as thats when restrictions were lifted and rumour has it that a group of those applicants are assigned to specific officiers within VOs to process apps faster. That is why i completely stopped looking at facebook groups and such, as i know that ours are thrown in a backlog, not in those fast groups. Most ppl in this VO are waiting anywhere from 6-9 months for approval. I know it sucks, but youre still within normal-ish for this vo.
For me i think we can wait for sometime but after 8-9 months they shouldn’t come nad say we are rejecting your application because of xyz document is missing.i saw this on inland+outland group where they rejected the file even after the eligibilty was passed and that too after 9 months

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
For me i think we can wait for sometime but after 8-9 months they shouldn’t come nad say we are rejecting your application because of xyz document is missing.i saw this on inland+outland group where they rejected the file even after the eligibilty was passed and that too after 9 months
what document was missing? there must have been a serious mistake at various stages by many officers if it passed R10 (completeness check) and Eligibility with a missing document and then got rejected. (if you have the link much better).

I think i know the case youre talking about -- was it a missing LOE for a job experience from the applicant? If so there were mutliple mistakes at many stages and it shouldnt have passed R10 -- that was an extremely unlikely case, so dont lose your sleep over it.

suma17

Star Member
May 6, 2020
what document was missing? there must have been a serious mistake at various stages by many officers if it passed R10 (completeness check) and Eligibility with a missing document and then got rejected. (if you have the link much better).

I think i know the case youre talking about -- was it a missing LOE for a job experience from the applicant? If so there were mutliple mistakes at many stages and it shouldnt have passed R10 -- that was an extremely unlikely case, so dont lose your sleep over it.
when this R10 check will pass ?

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
when this R10 check will pass ?
R10 is the initial document check. usually passes at the same time as your medical passes. If R10 doesnt pass, the app is refused as incomplete and you get *all* your fees back. so if you passed medical, you passed R10.

suma17

Star Member
May 6, 2020
R10 is the initial document check. usually passes at the same time as your medical passes. If R10 doesnt pass, the app is refused as incomplete and you get *all* your fees back. so if you passed medical, you passed R10.
I think now this is not happening correctly after 4 months i have seen lot of applications rejected recently

sumitsaurav

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020

i hope so it sholdn't be the the issue. yes missing job description not aligning with NOC code.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/principal-applicant-inland-dependent-outland-during-covid-19.694193/page-223#post-9612165

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
Thats different. The documents were complete (R10 passed) but the reference letter did not have the duties to match the noc code, so the officer couldnt verify work exp with wrong job duties.

So the letter was there. The file was refused at the eligibility stage (could not verify job exp with due to noc code mismatch). So their eligibility was never passed before, or had 'review required'

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
at the tome of eligibility only it rejected for her and its more than 4 months at thatbtime so R10 check don’t know what they done at that time
R10 checks that documents are submitted.
Eligibility actually checks the contents of the docs and verified job exp.

So in that case, the letter was there, but the letter could not confirm the noc code (did not have enough job duties or none).
R10 passed as docs were complete. Eligibility did not pass as letter could not confirm job exp.
If you passed eligibility, this will *not* happen

sumitsaurav

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Thats different. The documents were complete (R10 passed) but the reference letter did not have the duties to match the noc code, so the officer couldnt verify work exp with wrong job duties.

So the letter was there. The file was refused at the eligibility stage (could not verify job exp with due to noc code mismatch). So their eligibility was never passed before, or had 'review required'
check the comment from the same person eligibility was passed before and then later it got rejected by Edmonton vo
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/principal-applicant-inland-dependent-outland-during-covid-19.694193/page-224

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
Looks like theres a bit or confusion between R10 (intial document check) and Eligibility.

R10 checks that you submitted all your documents and that theyre complete in their given placeholders.

Eligibility actually verifies the contents and reviews whether what you said actually makes you eligible for the class you applied for (CEC in our cases).

As far as R10 is concerned, your reference letter for work exp could just say 'applicant works at starbucks' and nothing else. R10 will mark it as complete.

For eligibility, the officer will actually review the letter, check whether its a real job, whether the Noc code is 0 A or B and whether the job duties you performed match the ones in the noc code.
If your letter is missing duties, officer wont be able to verify you actually performed the job. If your duties allign better to a different noc code, it will also be marked as a red flag. Both of these cases will get your eligibility = not met if removing the job exp takes you under the lowest scoring crs invitee, or if it was your only work exp and now you have none.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: huxing0522