+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Oath Timeline after Test/Interview

rachelsung

Feb 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
< News Update >

My eCAS status has changed and I have received the Oath Invitation Letter today (FINALLY!! :D). The letter was sent out on Sep. 30th. My oath is scheduled to be on October 22 (yes, will miss the Federal election but, still feeling happy :)).

Good luck to everyone, may you all receive the oath letter soon.

hmuath

Star Member
Mar 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rachelsung said:
< News Update >

My eCAS status has changed and I have received the Oath Invitation Letter today (FINALLY!! :D). The letter was sent out on Sep. 30th. My oath is scheduled to be on October 22 (yes, will miss the Federal election but, still feeling happy :)).

Good luck to everyone, may you all receive the oath letter soon.
Congratulations!

Did you mean eCAS updated with Oath invitation as well?
If so, when did that happen?

rachelsung

Feb 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hmuath said:
Congratulations!

Did you mean eCAS updated with Oath invitation as well?
If so, when did that happen?
Thank you, hmuath!
I have checked my eCAS several times this week except Thursday, so I assume the eCAS status has changed on October 01. eCAS shows the letter has been sent out on September 30. I have received the letter on Friday, October 02. So you can say that I receive change update on both mail and eCAS.

colocho13

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
16-09-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
I called CIC today and the agent was nice enough to check my application he said they sent me Oath Invitation last week and my ceremony is on Oct 30 ;D

hmuath

Star Member
Mar 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
colocho13 said:
I called CIC today and the agent was nice enough to check my application he said they sent me Oath Invitation last week and my ceremony is on Oct 30 ;D
Congratulations Bro!

essy86

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O / Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
May 2012
Passport Req..
Feb 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
March 2013
How do you receive your oath invitation in Vancouver? Email? Normal mail? ECAS update?

Honestly, I don't trust Canada Post to deliver my mail in time or at all!

dancouver

Feb 17, 2012
Hi

My family got oath invitation after a wait of what will be 11 months. I'm sharing my timeline and observations here;

Received: 28-nov-14, Test: 16th April, Fingerprints (both adults): 10th July, Mini-RQ (one adult, I-94 stuff): Sep 5th, Decision Made: Sep 28th

Main observations: we applied with one applicant having minimal buffer days, to try and get in before the election date, but this caused an estimated 3 month delay to the process. However, all considered, 11 months is still good despite not having the vote this month.

Preparing a sheet of explanations for all travel in advance for the short interview after test is invaluable (with hindsight). They have limited time to review your passports, and any navigation will be appreciated especially when missing stamps. I didn't realize that for instance, i94s (US travel) are available online, and flight records can be downloaded from flightstats where take-off may have been delayed.

We never called the CIC hotline. One of the long-term contributors to this forum summarizes what we found the best advice: "marshal the evidence" - the essence of which is about providing clarity, certainty and credibility at all stages of the process to help the officer make the right choice.

Good luck to everyone!

dancouver

BlueNeo

Apr 13, 2015
I see there is a large backlog in Vancouver , last scheduled oath event is currently set for November 10th, I wonder what is normally the average since u receive the letter and the date of the act itself. Thanks.

Rakiura74

Mar 4, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2015
Doc's Request.
02-03-2015
AOR Received.
22-03-2015
File Transfer...
07-04-2015
We had to reschedule our Test on July 27th and are still waiting for a new date. Any thoughts on that? How long does it take about to get a new test date? The agent I asked was not very helpful in that regard.
It's been almost 3 month now..

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
Rakiura74 said:
We had to reschedule our Test on July 27th and are still waiting for a new date. Any thoughts on that? How long does it take about to get a new test date? The agent I asked was not very helpful in that regard.
It's been almost 3 month now..
Just wait and see. Calling CIC frequently (I read your other posts) only adds up to your anxiety; the officer already gave you as much information as they have: test will be scheduled at some point, you gotta wait, there's nothing you can do right now other than waiting. They may take a while. Since you couldn't take the test now as per their definition your case is non-routine, which has a different processing time from routine applications.

"If your application is non-routine, it will take longer to process. The current typical processing time for non-routine applications is 36 months. Some will be processed faster than this.

What is a non-routine application?
An application is considered non-routine, if any one of the following has occurred:

. . .
you fail or are unable to write the knowledge-of-Canada test (citizenship test);"

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/cit-processing.asp

Addendum: you also got RQ'ed, correct? (Another reason for delays and having a non-routine case) Just have patience. It may be annoying to wait but it's all we can do for now.

rachelsung

Feb 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear all:

Today I took oath to become a proud Canadian citizen. I finally graduated from this long, almost 2 years in total of citizenship application process today. Becoming a true Canadian, the feeling is proud, relief, happy, touched and refresh. The different life awaits before me.

It seems like they are trying to arrange more people for the oath ceremony. Today there were 3 ceremony arranged in Vancouver downtown location, each allowed around 80 people to take oath.

Family and friends are welcome to join the ceremony. The oath process is taking about 1 hour.

Thank you all in this forum, to encourage each other while anxiously awaits the next status. I wish you all the best to get the oath invites soon.

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
rachelsung said:
Dear all:

Today I took oath to become a proud Canadian citizen. I finally graduated from this long, almost 2 years in total of citizenship application process today. Becoming a true Canadian, the feeling is proud, relief, happy, touched and refresh. The different life awaits before me.

It seems like they are trying to arrange more people for the oath ceremony. Today there were 3 ceremony arranged in Vancouver downtown location, each allowed around 80 people to take oath.

Family and friends are welcome to join the ceremony. The oath process is taking about 1 hour.

Thank you all in this forum, to encourage each other while anxiously awaits the next status. I wish you all the best to get the oath invites soon.
Congratulations! Must be very proud after waiting for 2 years.

rachelsung

Feb 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahm2299 said:
Congratulations! Must be very proud after waiting for 2 years.
ahm2299.... Yes, very very proud. It was a long journey but it had a happy ending. :)

eaglesky

Mar 10, 2015
How long took from appearing Decision Made to get a ceremony letter or a date for ceremony in your account?