Nainarvet

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yukon said:
Where is coolguysam?
Did he get the oath date?
I was also wondering about this for quite a while! I hope he has already received his oath letter.

Nainarvet

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Qualitywish said:
My oath date is Sep 24th.
Congratulations, Qualitywish! Also, thank you for letting us know that the oath schedule in the website is not up-to-date!

rachelsung

Feb 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Called CIC centre today and the representative told me that it would take up to 6 months after the test.
So....keep waiting !! :eek:

Mr. Jordan

Jul 11, 2015
This topic was so active, but now and almost since a month ago, there are no new comments, I don't know whether there are no actual updates in the paticipants applications so they don't post their comments, or they are just so frustrated that the process is soo slow.

About myself I have both reasons, no updates in my personal application, and I am frustrated that the process is sooooo slow and what pisses me off the most is I have no answer for the following questions:

What do the army of CIC employess do all the day long since there is no progress what so ever? what is their job? what is it exactly they get paid for? since the only response they give to any one who calls the CIC call center: you have to wait.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
I've finally moved onto this part of the application. Just sitting, waiting, wishing from now on.

Before the test we were collectively told that it'd take 3-5 months for the oath. During my interview, officer told me they'd send me an invitation in 2 months. Vancouver office has been taking forever to schedule oaths, so I'm guessing 5-6 months... But I won't be unhappy if they schedule my oath for November or December. :p

IN888658S

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
Just wanted to let you know that I completed my oath ceremony on Sep 8th. It was a great experience and feeling to now be a Canadian.

I hope people waiting for their citizenship test and oath ceremony get their dates soon and become Canadians.

Regards,
IN888658S

IN888658S

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mr. Jordan said:
This topic was so active, but now and almost since a month ago, there are no new comments, I don't know whether there are no actual updates in the paticipants applications so they don't post their comments, or they are just so frustrated that the process is soo slow.

About myself I have both reasons, no updates in my personal application, and I am frustrated that the process is sooooo slow and what pisses me off the most is I have no answer for the following questions:

What do the army of CIC employess do all the day long since there is no progress what so ever? what is their job? what is it exactly they get paid for? since the only response they give to any one who calls the CIC call center: you have to wait.
Well, Not sure if this helps. But when I was there at the Oath ceremony, I asked the CIC officer who called me to cancel my oath ceremony on June 12th and then on Aug 22nd. It seems that CIC was scrutinizing applications more (she said additional documentation) and there were cancellations in Aug, especially on Saturday ceremonies, due to maintenance work at the Vancouver location.

I guess we all have to be patient with this (as we can't do anything more) eventually we will make progress.

Good luck.

Regards,
IN888658S

IN888658S

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MiriamT said:
I've finally moved onto this part of the application. Just sitting, waiting, wishing from now on.

Before the test we were collectively told that it'd take 3-5 months for the oath. During my interview, officer told me they'd send me an invitation in 2 months. Vancouver office has been taking forever to schedule oaths, so I'm guessing 5-6 months... But I won't be unhappy if they schedule my oath for November or December. :p
Hi MirianT
Please look for my note to Mr. Jordan. That probably explains why CIC is taking longer time for applicants to process. Thanks.

Regards, IN888658S

Mr. Jordan

Jul 11, 2015
IN888658S said:
Hi All,
Just wanted to let you know that I completed my oath ceremony on Sep 8th. It was a great experience and feeling to now be a Canadian.

I hope people waiting for their citizenship test and oath ceremony get their dates soon and become Canadians.

Regards,
IN888658S
Congrats IN888658S, I am really happy for you :)

I have seen that your Oath ceremony has been rescheduled many times, but finally you are a Canadian citizen.

That is what counts after all.

Enjoy.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
IN888658S said:
Hi MirianT
Please look for my note to Mr. Jordan. That probably explains why CIC is taking longer time for applicants to process. Thanks.

Regards, IN888658S
Thanks. I'm not worrying about that (at the most, that it'll be during my exam time but I can try to work something out with the college).

Congrats on your citizenship. ;)

IN888658S

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mr. Jordan said:
Congrats IN888658S, I am really happy for you :)

I have seen that your Oath ceremony has been rescheduled many times, but finally you are a Canadian citizen.

That is what counts after all.

Enjoy.
Thanks Mr. Jordan :)

Nainarvet

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IN888658S said:
Hi All,

Regards,
IN888658S
Glad to hear that your citizenship journey is now complete! Many congratulations!