+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Oath Timeline after Test/Interview

Mr. Jordan

Jul 11, 2015
IN888658S said:
Hi All,
Just wanted to let you know that I completed my oath ceremony on Sep 8th. It was a great experience and feeling to now be a Canadian.

I hope people waiting for their citizenship test and oath ceremony get their dates soon and become Canadians.

Regards,
IN888658S

Hi IN888658S,

I have a question to you:

when you received the Notice to the final scheduled Oath ceremony, you must have received other forms like:

-PERMISSION RELEASE AND CONSENT and,

- PROHIBITIONS UNDER THE CITIZENSHIP ACT

did you sign these two forms and date them before the Oath ceremony date ? or you signed them and date them on the Oath day itself ? also did you receive any other form other than them to sign and date? if you please tell us about the package of forms you received along with the Oath notice?

Also if you don't mind, could you please write in details what happened in that Oath ceremony day? in details please, so that we all know what to expect on ceremony day.

Thank you in advance

YorkshireMan

Mar 21, 2015
Vancouver, BC.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just had my application status changed to 'Decision Made' today.

Will update once oath invite received.

Best of luck to all in the process.

Nainarvet

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

I received my Oath Invite today for the ceremony on 29th September. My eCAS changed to Decision Made on June 17th, but there is no update about the oath invite in it. I would like to thank each one of you in this forum for all the suggestions and the timely updates of application status. After the ceremony, I will update reg. the proceedings there.

Thanks again and I wish each one of you a speedy completion of processing and attainment of Canadian citizenship!

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
Nainarvet said:
Dear All,

I received my Oath Invite today for the ceremony on 29th September. My eCAS changed to Decision Made on June 17th, but there is no update about the oath invite in it. I would like to thank each one of you in this forum for all the suggestions and the timely updates of application status. After the ceremony, I will update reg. the proceedings there.

Thanks again and I wish each one of you a speedy completion of processing and attainment of Canadian citizenship!
Congrats. Did you receive your oath invite by email or regular mail?

Nainarvet

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahm2299 said:
Congrats. Did you receive your oath invite by email or regular mail?
Thanks Ahm2299! I received my oath invite in regular mail. Although I have always had prompt updates in my eCAS (e.g., my test invite information got updated a week before I received my paper copy of the test invite in mail), there is no update on oath information in my eCAS yet. So, I would echo the view expressed previously by others to keep an eye on your mail and don't rely on eCAS for oath information.

steps5680

Jul 25, 2015
finally E- case status changed to " DECISION MADE" Friday 25th Sept. ;D

test date : june 01
decision made : 25 sept
hopefully get an oath invite soon like other fellas;
good luck every one !
i have a quick question as well....that how do we get an oath invite?
is there any Update on E-CASE ONLINE FOR OATH INVITE??

trufantome

Sep 28, 2015
Hi all, I just had my interview with the CJ, on the 24th, he said 60 days, this has been a long process and a learning process. ;D

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
BlueNeo said:
Does anybody know how oath letter is received? Mail , email or both ?

Thanks in advance.
Mostly mail, but sometimes e-mail. At my interview, the Citizenship Officer told me to keep an eye on both my physical mailbox as well as my e-mail inbox because the oath invitation could be sent either way, and that they're still trying things out so even if one got AOR and test invitation via e-mail (like me), they may still receive the oath in form of physical mail.

Nainarvet

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

I took my oath of citizenship today and finally became a Canadian citizen. It was a great moment. I thank you all so much for various suggestions and helpful inputs, while on this journey to become citizens of this country. I wish everyone of you a faster processing and attainment of Canadian citizenship asap.

Nainarvet

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BlueNeo said:
Does anybody know how oath letter is received? Mail , email or both ?

Thanks in advance.
As mentioned by Miriam, most oath invitations are by regular mail (Canada Post), which may or may not be accompanied by an update in the eCAS. There have been few cases of email oath invites, though! Please keep an eye on your regular postal mails so that we don't miss oath invites.

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
Congrats must be exciting. May I know when you had you decision made on ecas?

Nainarvet

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahm2299 said:
Congrats must be exciting. May I know when you had you decision made on ecas?
Thank you, Ahm2299! My eCAS changed to "Decision Made" on June 17, 2015.

will-i-am0121

Apr 21, 2015
Hey guys,
Just got my oath invitation by mail yesterday, for Oct 20th.
Here's the timeline

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 13, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 28, 2015.
We started processing your application on April 28, 2015.
We sent you a notice on May 20, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 11, 2015 at 10:05 AM

Good luck guys.

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
will-i-am0121 said:
Hey guys,
Just got my oath invitation by mail yesterday, for Oct 20th.
Here's the timeline

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 13, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 28, 2015.
We started processing your application on April 28, 2015.
We sent you a notice on May 20, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 11, 2015 at 10:05 AM

Good luck guys.
Congratulations, unfortunately you gonna miss the federal elections. So no update on ecas re oath??