+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

Goodluckycher

Aug 24, 2015
Rier78 said:
Oath date is independent from decision made date. Sometimes same decision made but nearly 2 months gaps between oath date. It's dependent upon CIC's decision. But I think September may be the oath month for May test taker.
Hope as soon as possible for us

AnaMaria

May 2, 2012
New Westminster, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012!
My oath is set for September 15! :)

Goodluckycher

Aug 24, 2015
Goodluckycher said:
Congratulations,my had my test on May 04 so which means Im almost get my oath letter then . ;D
So happy , I received my oath Letter today . :D

Ceremony day : sep 15 8:00

Hope everyone here will receive letter ASAP

low

Star Member
Dec 31, 2009
thecoolguysam said:
Few of us in the forum have got their e-cas updated with test invite (which was previously missing). E-cas sometimes updates and sometimes does not.
Some people got oath invite while "In Process" and some people got oath invite after "Decision Made"

You can refer to the following link to read the information including "Notes" section to get a better idea:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gpi8U0Vl1AYh5XmQ9jIb6Tx_ENayWrSQVa6co3zQZZg/edit#gid=0
Hi...I submitted my application in May 2015 and the status was updated in eCAS as "Received" on July 1. Thereafter, there's been no updates at all. I reported a mistake in my son's last name in eCAS to CIC about 3 weeks ago. The agent told me that the mistake should not cause any delay in the application as long as all the documents provided were correct. She said that she will put a remark to have that amended. Yet, I am still seeing mistake in my son's last name as of today.

Also, it's been coming to 2 months since my status was updated to "Received". Yet, there's been no update at all after that. Shoul I be worried? I am over the physical residency requirement and is working full time with the same MNC since I arrived. So I am rather confused why there's a long delay in my application.

hmuath

Star Member
Mar 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't rely on these Mother F** agents, they are pathetic, useless, taking salary for nothing, they should be fired with no EI.
Just sitting on their asses regurgitating what the website is stating, I don't know what's point of hiring them sucking up money from Taxes!!!

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
I received my test day by e-mail today (August 27). Full timeline on my signature.

Kefz

Jul 28, 2015
Just had my ceremony today after applying in apr 2014. It's definitely been a roller coaster ride solely due to carelessness on my part - made a mistake on my residency calculation so I was short 24 days, had an RQ after my test, and thought I never was going to see the end of the tunnel.

Happy to join the Canadian family finally! Hope everyone gets their oaths soon!

Surprised

Star Member
Aug 1, 2009
Kefz said:
Just had my ceremony today after applying in apr 2014. It's definitely been a roller coaster ride solely due to carelessness on my part - made a mistake on my residency calculation so I was short 24 days, had an RQ after my test, and thought I never was going to see the end of the tunnel.

Happy to join the Canadian family finally! Hope everyone gets their oaths soon!
Heartiest congratulations!!

colocho13

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
16-09-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
Just checked my ecas it shows Citizenship Application Status Decision Made ;D :D :)

What's next ? How long does it take ?

oldboy

Oct 22, 2014
Hi guys,

I received my Test date: September 16, 2015.

Seems like i will need to take the test and leave Canada for a month-long project in South America.

Question: What date would you pick for your return flight to Vancouver, if you were in my situation to attend the Oath Ceremony?
Some says 2-3 months after the test date. Some says shorter. Any guess?

Thanks in advance.

bamm1995

Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I live on Vancouver Island and have been thinking that my file would be transferred to one of the Vancouver offices. However, I just saw a recent post about the possibility of it being transferred to Nanaimo. Has anyone had any experience with this office and timelines? My application has been "In Process" since April 1st and I've made several calls to CIC in the hopes of getting a person who will help me but they won't answer any questions or even look at your file until 24 months have passed. I have been thinking that these Vancouver applicant files have been moving pretty quickly but if mine is going to Nanaimo..... I have no idea how long that takes and I don't even see them listed on the Itinerant Office list. Help! And thank you. :) :eek:

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
bamm1995 said:
I live on Vancouver Island and have been thinking that my file would be transferred to one of the Vancouver offices. However, I just saw a recent post about the possibility of it being transferred to Nanaimo. Has anyone had any experience with this office and timelines? My application has been "In Process" since April 1st and I've made several calls to CIC in the hopes of getting a person who will help me but they won't answer any questions or even look at your file until 24 months have passed. I have been thinking that these Vancouver applicant files have been moving pretty quickly but if mine is going to Nanaimo..... I have no idea how long that takes and I don't even see them listed on the Itinerant Office list. Help! And thank you. :) :eek:
I would think that Nanaimo applicants would be taken care by the Victoria itinerant office, even though it's a bit far from Nanaimo. That's what happened with a friend in a small town in SK, she was called to attend test and ceremony at a far away office, and both test and ceremony ended up being in the same day because of that.

"Regional itinerant services

British Columbia | Victoria | Victoria and area | October 13 - 16 | Citizenship: Tests, Hearings, Ceremonies | Immigration: Landings, Interviews, PR Card Distribution"

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contact_us/offices/itinerant.asp

bamm1995

Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone have info on if Victoria is slower than Vancouver? My application was received in February, In Process since April 1st and then nothing.....