22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello,

Does any one know that they update e-cas before oath or after oath? I am waiting for oath at Vancouver office after 19th FEBRUARY 2015 test.

Thanks

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mark_Anna said:
Hello,

Does any one know that they update e-cas before oath or after oath? I am waiting for oath at Vancouver office after 19th FEBRUARY 2015 test.

Thanks
People from November tests are still waiting for oath, be patients. E-Cas is so inconsistent, usually it gets updated months after tests or oath.

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012

Bakaboy

Mar 27, 2013
OP_POP said:
People from November tests are still waiting for oath, be patients. E-Cas is so inconsistent, usually it gets updated months after tests or oath.
Did my TEST early December and still waiting for the oath letter. Vancouver sure is slow.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bakaboy said:
Did my TEST early December and still waiting for the oath letter. Vancouver sure is slow.
As wert pointed out, it seems like test date is not the decisive criteria for oath date (at least in Vancouver). It will take 7 to 12 months (in normal scenarios) from the date you submitted your application.

wert said:
Yes, but what I wanted to point out is that the test date isn't the decisive criteria but rather when the application was submitted.

On the chart you posted the application date isn't mentioned. If you were to take that into consideration you would know what I mean.

But there are only a few exceptions and I wouldn't get my hopes up to high to be one of them.

Bakaboy

Mar 27, 2013
I guess I'm still in that bracket since I'm only on almost my 9th month. Honestly, my application is completely routine. I've only been absent from Canada for 9 days for the last 6 years and 2 months; all of which were to the US and verified by CBSA ATIP. Scored perfect in the exam and has been a taxpayer ever since I got here. I guess I got on a "lazy" queue somehow. ;)

OP_POP said:
As wert pointed out, it seems like test date is not the decisive criteria for oath date (at least in Vancouver). It will take 7 to 12 months (in normal scenarios) from the date you submitted your application.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bakaboy said:
I guess I'm still in that bracket since I'm only on almost my 9th month. Honestly, my application is completely routine. I've only been absent from Canada for 9 days for the last 6 years and 2 months; all of which were to the US and verified by CBSA ATIP. Scored perfect in the exam and has been a taxpayer ever since I got here. I guess I got on a "lazy" queue somehow. ;)
Exactly like me. Western Canada offices are way slower than offices in East. I am hoping for April - May Oath.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hope we see at least 1 Oath invite from our group soon, just to show they are at least doing something.

SubZero_2

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
Finally I got my test invitation for April 8. Can you folks give me some tips about the exam such as what is going to happen? How long will it be? What are the questions the officer is going to ask? and whatever you think is useful.

Thanks in advance.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
SubZero_2 said:
Finally I got my test invitation for April 8. Can you folks give me some tips about the exam such as what is going to happen? How long will it be? What are the questions the officer is going to ask? and whatever you think is useful.

Thanks in advance.
congrats! whats your timeline.

As per other forum members experience, read discover canada book few times (4-5 times)
also check this link:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/useful-links-tips-t229091.0.html

Dadu

Star Member
Nov 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2010
AOR Received.
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
15-10-2010
Med's Request
22-10-2010
Med's Done....
08-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2011
LANDED..........
06-06-2011
I have a question for people that have done the test already:

In the invitation they ask us to bring along the same documents that we sent for the application of citizenship.

Do I need to also bring photocopies of passport, PR card, etc... or just the originals are ok ? also do I need to bring the residency calculator? copy of the payment receipt? I am guessing they will have a copy of these during my interview...

Thanks !!