+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

curious78

Apr 29, 2014
Hi Dadu,
In my case the CO checked all the originals including passport, PR card, Driver's license, Health card, SIN card, children's birth certificate and so on. So take all the originals for the document copies that you had attached to your application.

It does not hurt to take the residency calculation sheet with you, although they would use the copy that they have. Be ready to explain every absence (where you went, why, etc). Having your copy helps there.

PLEASE TAKE ANY CBSA or CBP REPORTS YOU MIGHT HAVE ORDERED. IT SAVED ME A LOT OF TIME AND THE OFFICER ACKNOWLEDGED THAT HAVING THOSE REPORTS HELPS QUITE A BIT.

You can get the I-94 reports online in a second: https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html;jsessionid=BLJQTNvZMbFWrJQk8zmPggchdMQdbvMkKnDwtqHGnyV7vDmKmRv0!-1273720586

Richmond library practice tests helps a lot: http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/

Good Luck!!!! Hope you ace the test with a perfect score !!!

Regards

Dadu

Star Member
Nov 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2010
AOR Received.
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
15-10-2010
Med's Request
22-10-2010
Med's Done....
08-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2011
LANDED..........
06-06-2011
curious78 said:
Hi Dadu,
In my case the CO checked all the originals including passport, PR card, Driver's license, Health card, SIN card, children's birth certificate and so on. So take all the originals for the document copies that you had attached to your application.

It does not hurt to take the residency calculation sheet with you, although they would use the copy that they have. Be ready to explain every absence (where you went, why, etc). Having your copy helps there.

PLEASE TAKE ANY CBSA or CBP REPORTS YOU MIGHT HAVE ORDERED. IT SAVED ME A LOT OF TIME AND THE OFFICER ACKNOWLEDGED THAT HAVING THOSE REPORTS HELPS QUITE A BIT.

You can get the I-94 reports online in a second: https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html;jsessionid=BLJQTNvZMbFWrJQk8zmPggchdMQdbvMkKnDwtqHGnyV7vDmKmRv0!-1273720586

Richmond library practice tests helps a lot: http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/

Good Luck!!!! Hope you ace the test with a perfect score !!!

Regards
Thanks so much, I appreciate the info!!! good idea to take sin card, child's birth certificate, etc... !!!

Quick question out of curiosity: I practiced online with the richmond library test that you sent and with this one: http://citizenshipcounts.ca/quiz

Are these enough? is the test made with the same questions in these ? last time I've done the `citizenship counts` test with 100 questions I've got 100% correct...

again, thanks for your help !!! cheers!

xperiate

Jul 23, 2007
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dadu said:
Thanks so much, I appreciate the info!!! good idea to take sin card, child's birth certificate, etc... !!!

Quick question out of curiosity: I practiced online with the richmond library test that you sent and with this one: http://citizenshipcounts.ca/quiz

Are these enough? is the test made with the same questions in these ? last time I've done the `citizenship counts` test with 100 questions I've got 100% correct...

I did my test on March 11th. In my opinion, if you read the book properly, you'll do fine. I found the Richmond Library tests too simplistic. Actual test are more aligned to the content in the Discover Canada book.

Like Dadu said, carry originals for sure. In my case (family - 1 child), we were not asked anything at all - just saw our passport and PR cards (that's all), checked off some stamps in the Residence calculator (I had tons because of business travel) and was told that we'll get our Oath invite in the mail.

justhappy

Mar 5, 2015
hi everyone,
just want to share my timeline...

date of app.- july 27,2014
received AOR- October 2014
received discover canada book and test invite- End of November 2014
Test Date - Jan 13,2015
Oath Date- March 23,2015

I hope you will all get your invites soon...stay positive!!!
:)

curious78

Apr 29, 2014
Dadu said:

You are very welcome. I would not necessarily say that richmond library test covers everything. Your best source is always the Citizenship Guide as someone commented.
Other sources provide you additional aid in the learning process.

There are some paid services too. One such is http://www.citizenshipsupport.ca

Again, if you are good at reading and remembering stuff from a book, the Citizenship Guide should do.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
justhappy said:
hi everyone,

Test Date - Jan 13,2015
Oath Date- March 23,2015

Thanks a lot for sharing your time line. I am glad we finally saw an Oath invite from members. I am pretty much 20-25 days behind your timeline, would be awesome to get my oath invite in the next month (just hoping)

Bakaboy

Mar 27, 2013
justhappy said:
hi everyone,

Test Date - Jan 13,2015
Oath Date- March 23,2015

Congrats! Meanwhile, although I did the test more than a month earlier I'm still stuck waiting for some random person to stop being lazy. :p

redo4ever

Mar 26, 2015
I mailed my Citizenship application on 9th Oct 2014 and travelled out of Canada on 10th Oct 2014. My application was sent back because of the pictures. I resent my application from within Canada on Nov 27th.

The CIC website has

AR: 1st Dec 2014
AOR: 18th Dec 2014
Process Start Dt: 30th Dec 2014
File Transferred to Vancouver Admissions office: 8th Jan 2015

Since then I did not hear anything. But my wifes eCAS status shows "file transferred to Citizenship Vancouver office on January 12, 2015", she got her test date for 8th Apr 2015.

Can anyone please tell me whats the difference between "file transferred to Admissions Office Vs Citizenship office".

Any response is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ram

Dadu

Star Member
Nov 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2010
AOR Received.
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
15-10-2010
Med's Request
22-10-2010
Med's Done....
08-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2011
LANDED..........
06-06-2011
Timeline as follows, Vancouver visa office:

Citizenship:
Date Received => 29-SEP-2014
Processing Started =>24-NOV-2014
AOR via Mail => Sometime in october or november
Fingerprints request => 16-JAN-2015
Fingerprints done => 26-Jan-2015
Test invitation => received on Mar 5th
Test completed => March 26th

now waiting for oath invitation...

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello friends,
Seems like all local offices are busy to issue deportation letters to temporary foreign workers that's why late to issue oath letters.

In B.C. the rule change for TFW has caused a backlog for immigration officials

wannabe_ca

Jan 4, 2015
Mark_Anna said:
Hello friends,
Seems like all local offices are busy to issue deportation letters to temporary foreign workers that's why late to issue oath letters.

In B.C. the rule change for TFW has caused a backlog for immigration officials
Thanks Mark_Anna. A follow-up question: How do you know that: did you speak with CIC officer, and if yes, when it is expected for them to resume processing our files again?

chelavnzuo

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
I sent by application in Victoria, can I assume my file also goes to the Vancouver local office?

Here is my timeline:
File received: Sept 19 2014
Process started: Nov 28 2014
Study book received: Dec 12 2014
File transferred to local office: Dec 16 2014 (was told by CIC call agent)
Test: ???

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
chelavnzuo said:
I sent by application in Victoria, can I assume my file also goes to the Vancouver local office?

Here is my timeline:
File received: Sept 19 2014
Process started: Nov 28 2014
Study book received: Dec 12 2014
File transferred to local office: Dec 16 2014 (was told by CIC call agent)
Test: ???
What is the name of your office when you access e-cas?

chelavnzuo

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
thecoolguysam said:
What is the name of your office when you access e-cas?
Ecas doesn't show local office since I received AOR in mail not email, I was told the file was transferred to a local office when I called CIC 2 months ago, but no news whatsoever after that. I tried to call CIC again last week but the line was always busy.

Deepak K

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
Hi All

Today I had test at Vancouver center and passed :)

The officer told that I will get Oath invitation in 5-6 month.

What is the average time for Oath invitation in Vancouver ? is it really going to be 5-6 month ? or I can get sooner than that ?

Thanks