+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

leflex

Jan 9, 2015
Hi guys,

I have a question about parking for my ceremony.

I work in Richmond (unfortunately) and plan on leaving work at noon. It should be a 30-40mn drive to CIC's downtown office and my ceremony is at 1:30pm. I could skytrain, but I want to go to my ceremony in my sweet sports car for the memory 8).

Am I at risk of not finding spots in that pay parking lot that is next to CIC, aroune the time of the ceremony?I wouldn't like to find everything packed and look for a place far from CIC to park in panic mode.

Any experiences to share?

cberger

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
leflex said:
Hi guys,

I work in Richmond (unfortunately) and plan on leaving work at noon. It should be a 30-40mn drive to CIC's downtown office and my ceremony is at 1:30pm. I could skytrain, but I want to go to my ceremony in my sweet sports car for the memory 8).

Am I at risk of not finding spots in that pay parking lot that is next to CIC, aroune the time of the ceremony?I wouldn't like to find everything packed and look for a place far from CIC to park in panic mode.

you should be fine, there are lots os parking lots there in a couple of blocks radius. I would recommend arriving there 15 minutes early for just in case.

xperiate

Jul 23, 2007
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How are people doing generally with tests these days? Mine is on Wednesday, March 11th at 8:04am. Just checking in.

Any obtuse questions during the interviews?

leflex

Jan 9, 2015
As far as I'm concerned, the test was easy, and the interview very quick. I finished both in 5mn tops.

I think I finished the test first or second, but I wasn't called for the interview first. A lot of people were called before me, so finishing quick doesn't guarantee that you'll be out quick.

I had my interview in French even if I hadn't requested it.

Tension will build up before the test, as there are a lot of overly stressed people and they can communicate that easily to you or irritate you, but as soon as everyone finishes the test and realizes that it's not hard, the atmosphere becomes more pleasant while you wait for the interview.

SubZero_2

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
I am a November Applicant, my file was transferred to Vancouver on 31 December. Why haven't I received my test invite yet? Any comments? Is Vancouver getting slow?

Thanks

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
SubZero_2 said:
I am a November Applicant, my file was transferred to Vancouver on 31 December. Why haven't I received my test invite yet? Any comments? Is Vancouver getting slow?

Thanks
You might want to ring CIC for that. It could be they're waiting on any sort of reports/background checks, it could be some lazy queue.

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SubZero_2 said:

Thanks
Maybe a long queue,my friends who are Oct.2014 applicants are still waiting for their test invites.

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hi,
Van_City_APP,
You are right. I am also waiting for my oath talking at local office Vancouver after the test. Here is my time line just to help you.

Application April 22, 2014.

started processing June 27, 2014.

citizenship test February 19, 2015

Oath taking: ? ? ? ?

Local Office: Vancouver

xperiate

Jul 23, 2007
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just completed test! Was pretty easy. Interview was pretty straightforward as well. The wait area (for interview) gets noisy because the next batch waiting for test is also sometimes in there and one has to carefully hear their name being called out.

Staff is very courteous and professional. We were told that we will receive a letter for the oath ceremony in 2-3 months.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xperiate said:
Just completed test! Was pretty easy. Interview was pretty straightforward as well. The wait area (for interview) gets noisy because the next batch waiting for test is also sometimes in there and one has to carefully hear their name being called out.

Staff is very courteous and professional. We were told that we will receive a letter for the oath ceremony in 2-3 months.
Congrats!
Wow, they change the waiting time. They told us we will receive oath invite in 3-5 months!

xperiate

Jul 23, 2007
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
leflex said:
Hi guys,

Just park in the building. Plenty of open spots. 877 Expo has Public Parking $5/hour or $12 all day until 6:30PM.

ivana

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
hello, my time line is somehow similar

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 3, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 3, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on August 22, 2013.

We sent you a letter on February 5, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a notice on October 14, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 4, 2014 at 10:01 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I DID get RQ right after the test... now, still waiting

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wonder if we have a spreadsheet for Vancouver applicants. My file was transferred last Friday. I would like to know how long do we need to wait till get a test invite.. I know we are slow compare to some other offices. But will appreciate any info on this!

wert

Mar 18, 2010
Did test back in Nov. and still waiting for oath invite :(

But I recieved a personal letter yesterday from Elections to register as a voter! ???

khowe

Star Member
Nov 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2011
AOR Received.
28-02-2012
Med's Request
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
06-03-2012
Passport Req..
11-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2012
LANDED..........
06-16-2012
yyzhuang said:
I wonder if we have a spreadsheet for Vancouver applicants. My file was transferred last Friday. I would like to know how long do we need to wait till get a test invite.. I know we are slow compare to some other offices. But will appreciate any info on this!
Here is the link to the Vancouver spreadsheet: http://bit.ly/1AwYBji