+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

dalton

Apr 5, 2010
Here's my timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 22, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 30, 2014.

I see some ahead of me and others taking much longer. Is there any method to the madness? My case is relatively straightforward.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
dalton said:
Here's my timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 22, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 30, 2014.

I see some ahead of me and others taking much longer. Is there any method to the madness? My case is relatively straightforward.
A call or two wouldn't hurt. I called them on Monday to inquire about the status (I'm a July applicant!). They said it was still in progress. Today I received my test invite...

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Empirical-Scientist said:
A call or two wouldn't hurt. I called them on Monday to inquire about the status (I'm a July applicant!). They said it was still in progress. Today I received my test invite...
congraz, journey ends February

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Empirical-Scientist said:
Wow congrats. When I called CIC 3 weeks ago, they told me I am in queue for test invite. I sent my application on August 14th, based on your time line, my test invite should be coming soon too

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
leflex said:
Hello,

Here is my timeline

Applied in April 2013

Transferred my file from another city around June/July 2013

Test around mid August 2014

And no oath as of today.

While I have nothing against you guys who get everything done faster than I can dream of, and you stole nothing from me, I have to say that this process is flawed, disrespectful, and gives me a poor image of what is to become my new nation.

I left the country for about two weeks and only once since 2010, I am single, have no criminal record anywhere, have been consistently employed and gave all the requested papers. There is nothing special about my file. Unless CIC is indeed making it harder on applicants from countries that would be considered "surprising" in Vancouver... I don't see any other explanation.

I called CIC and they told me the file was still within the announced 6 months after the test and there was nothing to say about it. This is a total joke and a big disappointment.
Need not to worry much. I feel for you. We all know as what we've seen that some applications are much faster. Based on your timeline, you actually had a faster pace getting the test. You would have been among the 6mos. processing club. We applied in March, so it took us 10mos. in total. So just hang in there,you'll get your invite soon.

leflex

Jan 9, 2015
Hi,

thank you everyone for your pieces of advice and your nice words.

Juney: I applied in April 2013, not 2014 ;)

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
;D My bad. I did not notice. Now that's something. But at least you had your test done and you're in the system. Maybe your on the same situation as what other July test takers here have been through. Some already have oath invites though. So yours will be on the way hopefully. ;)

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
leflex said:
Hello,

Here is my timeline

Applied in April 2013

Transferred my file from another city around June/July 2013

Test around mid August 2014

And no oath as of today.

While I have nothing against you guys who get everything done faster than I can dream of, and you stole nothing from me, I have to say that this process is flawed, disrespectful, and gives me a poor image of what is to become my new nation.

I left the country for about two weeks and only once since 2010, I am single, have no criminal record anywhere, have been consistently employed and gave all the requested papers. There is nothing special about my file. Unless CIC is indeed making it harder on applicants from countries that would be considered "surprising" in Vancouver... I don't see any other explanation.

I called CIC and they told me the file was still within the announced 6 months after the test and there was nothing to say about it. This is a total joke and a big disappointment.
I understand your feelings and I appreciate your patience.

It usually takes around upto 6 months to get oath invite. Did you get any RQ after test? What did the officer say to you during interview? Did he say about approval or something else? How did your test go?

If all went well, please call cic call centre to ask about your oath schedule.

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Local Office: Vancouver

Application Received: April 22, 2014.

Processing started: June 27, 2014. Received citizenship test book

Received letter for Test: ????

Test Date: ????

wannabe_ca

Jan 4, 2015
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 31, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 31, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 15, 2014.

Test date ????? (2025 ??)

Oath date ????? (2045 ???)

SubZero_2

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
Hi Folks,

My file has been transferred to Vancouver on 30 December 2014 (based on Ecas), I called CIC this morning and the agent told me that my file is in verification mode and they are waiting for RCMP record, my question is that who is doing this verification (Sydney or Vancouver office) and I thought when the file is transferred to the local office everything is done and we need to wait for the test invitation but it seems it is not like that (any comments on it)?

Cheers

khowe

Star Member
Nov 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2011
AOR Received.
28-02-2012
Med's Request
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
06-03-2012
Passport Req..
11-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2012
LANDED..........
06-16-2012
SubZero_2 said:
Hi Folks,

My file has been transferred to Vancouver on 30 December 2014 (based on Ecas), I called CIC this morning and the agent told me that my file is in verification mode and they are waiting for RCMP record, my question is that who is doing this verification (Sydney or Vancouver office) and I thought when the file is transferred to the local office everything is done and we need to wait for the test invitation but it seems it is not like that (any comments on it)?

Cheers
Hey Subzero,

I share the same transfer date as you. My understanding is that under the new system, Sydney does more of the preliminary checks of the file and then sends it to the local office for the final checks (i.e. your RCMP record) and sending out of the test invite. Previously, I think Sydney was leaving a lot of the leg-work up to the local offices and thus creating major backlogs. If you read other threads on the forum, there are instances where people used to receive RQ's from the local office, but with the newer system, it looks like Sydney is the one in charge of more of the RQ's (this is not to say Vancouver can't hand them out).

At this point in our timelines, I think the speed of our applications depends on the speed of the agents in Vancouver.