+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
EastVan said:
Here's my timeline, and I can see my eCas online :

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on Sept 22, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on Sept 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on Nov 22, 2014.

received line disappear on Dec 05, and after that, nothing happen

and I haven't receive any AOR letter either from email or regular mail, is that normal ? shall I call CIC ?
As you can access ECAS online, somehow the AOR was missed, so please call the call centre of CIC to confirm your file number and other details.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just called CIC to get an update on my case, the agent was again super helpful. He verified my information and checked my application status. He told me "Great news! Your test is on Feb 10th!!" However, he mentioned I should wait to get the official letter which is usually received 2 weeks prior to the test.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OP_POP said:
I just called CIC to get an update on my case, the agent was again super helpful. He verified my information and checked my application status. He told me "Great news! Your test is on Feb 10th!!" However, he mentioned I should wait to get the official letter which is usually received 2 weeks prior to the test.
if its true, u will see ECAS updated this sunday. congraz!

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u4g5 said:
if its true, u will see ECAS updated this sunday. congraz!
No ECAS update for old processing (AOR by Mail)

ECAS gets updated for email AOR ones.

Bonny_14

Sep 19, 2014
Finally, we had our oath ceremony today! ;D
It took 6 months and 5 days from the test to the oath.
I wish good luck everyone who is waiting to become and became Canadian citizens :D

Canadian_2015

Jan 16, 2015
Any October Test takers here that are waiting for oath ?
I took my test Oct. 8th and no sign of oath letter yet. 100 days after test and NO OATH :(

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadian_2015 said:
Any October Test takers here that are waiting for oath ?
I took my test Oct. 8th and no sign of oath letter yet. 100 days after test and NO OATH :(
You may want to call CIC. Ask if a decision has been granted. Request for ATIP. Since you'll see if a decision has been granted. I called CIC for our case last Dec., they said the system just says Passed Test. But in the ATIP, as of Nov. 6, Decision has been granted.

Canadian_2015

Jan 16, 2015
Juney said:
You may want to call CIC. Ask if a decision has been granted. Request for ATIP. Since you'll see if a decision has been granted. I called CIC for our case last Dec., they said the system just says Passed Test. But in the ATIP, as of Nov. 6, Decision has been granted.
Thanks for the advice. I requested the ATIP which may take up to a month to receive. Did your ECas update as soon as you received your oath letter ?

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unfortunately, ECAS has not been updated since, after the test invite was handed. And which most applicants here have experienced. Yes, it took a month to receive the ATIP. Would have been wise to request it last Nov. or Dec. Just wait for the mail though as for the moment. And maybe call CIC once in a while. I'll be very much worried though after 5mos.