+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

blestcheche

Feb 17, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've been in in BC since i came to Canada. never moved to any province. stayed put in one town. i called and they said it probably is a mixed up since my name and address are correctly stated in the notice. so ill just have to bring a BC ID. i don't have my confirmation of permanent residence as i lost it so they just said to file a police report and bring the report with me. and also explain why i don't have my expired passport.

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good morning guys! Hope to see some of us getting oaths and test invites on this rainy Friday!! :D

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's Friday ;D ;D ;D

No passport yet :)

Congrats to you all having the oaths.

Goodluck for those taking the test :)

Have a great weekend!

Bonny_14

Sep 19, 2014
Hi Guys,

I had my test and interview on July 11, 2014

We called CIC this week and they said - NO updates

My timeline:

Vancouver office
Received May 24,2013
In process August 14, 2013
Test July 11,2014
Oath... waiting... :(

steeles

May 7, 2014
Bonny_14 said:
Hi Guys,

I had my test and interview on July 11, 2014

We called CIC this week and they said - NO updates

My timeline:

Vancouver office
Received May 24,2013
In process August 14, 2013
Test July 11,2014
Oath... waiting... :(
Hi, Bonny
Welcome~!
I also took test in the beginning of July and no update yet!
Did the agent say "just wait"??

mrdrs

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steeles said:
Hi, Bonny
Welcome~!
what did they say after your interview? did they ask you for RQ? are there any issues after your interview? if so, CIC should be verifying those...

Bonny_14

Sep 19, 2014
steeles said:
Hi, Bonny
Welcome~!
Thank you, steeles :)

Yes, the agent said "wait" and that they still have time until January 2015

Bonny_14

Sep 19, 2014
mrdrs said:
what did they say after your interview? did they ask you for RQ? are there any issues after your interview? if so, CIC should be verifying those...
Nope, we didn't have any issues during or after the interview. We didn't have RQ. After the interview the officer said that everything was good, he would pass the file for judge's approval.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Bonny_14 said:
Nope, we didn't have any issues during or after the interview. We didn't have RQ. After the interview the officer said that everything was good, he would pass the file for judge's approval.
IMO, for 2013's applicants, the approval is still in judge's hand. So after the test and interview, even CIC gives green light, still have to go to judge-queue.
For 2014, CIC officers can act like a judge, that's why many people in Toronto are being handed oath letter right away after the interview. But this magic is still not happening in Vancouver.

mrdrs

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BLT said:
IMO, for 2013's applicants, the approval is still in judge's hand. So after the test and interview, even CIC gives green light, still have to go to judge-queue.
For 2014, CIC officers can act like a judge, that's why many people in Toronto are being handed oath letter right away after the interview. But this magic is still not happening in Vancouver.
then why is it that some who took the test & interview later took their oath already...

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
mrdrs said:
then why is it that some who took the test & interview later took their oath already...
IMO, there are many judges. Some are very busy, and some are ok. So if your application ends up on mr. busy's desk, then have to wait longer.
Another thing is the complication level of the application.