+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

mrdrs

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vanvanvan said:
Happy Friday hope that next week is the week that we all have been waiting for! I am still trying to be positive! Cheers and TGIF
i'll bet 10 bucks... you'll have good news next week!!! :D

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Vancouver :)

Good morning! Are we ready to hear some good news this week or what?
Let's go Vancouver office!!

jerodkillick

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Alaska to Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-16-10
AOR Received.
8-24-10
File Transfer...
7-15-10
Med's Done....
5-3-10
Passport Req..
10-6-10
VISA ISSUED...
10-15-10
LANDED..........
November 27th, 2010
;D Feeling HOpeful!

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
canucksrig said:
Hello Vancouver :)

Good morning! Are we ready to hear some good news this week or what?
Let's go Vancouver office!!
Based on the pattern that I observed here, you will get your oath in late October to mid November. The letter will come b4 that.

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good to see your hopeful message Jerrod :)

Thanks BLT!! I hope so too :D

Best wishes to all fellow applicants!

VancouverGal

Sep 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canucksrig said:
Good to see your hopeful message Jerrod :)

Thanks BLT!! I hope so too :D

Best wishes to all fellow applicants!
Good morning everyone! Keeping my fingers crossed for some of you guys to get good news! :)

My friend's husband and my fiance took their Citizenship tests on January 2nd, 2014 and January 9, 2014. My friend's husband got invitation for Oath Ceremony for February 20th and my fiance's Oath Ceremony was on March 10th...Seems like they didn't have to wait that long, hope we things will turn out good for all of us too! :D

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
VancouverGal said:
Good morning everyone! Keeping my fingers crossed for some of you guys to get good news! :)

My friend's husband and my fiance took their Citizenship tests on January 2nd, 2014 and January 9, 2014. My friend's husband got invitation for Oath Ceremony for February 20th and my fiance's Oath Ceremony was on March 10th...Seems like they didn't have to wait that long, hope we things will turn out good for all of us too! :D
In Eastern side, it has been a common stuff that after the interview, oath letter is being handed over right away. When is this magic going to happen in Vancouver?

vanvanvan

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
I just got my ATIP request today! Wow they really checked the file thoroughly. It was 32 pages to read. All the events were there including citizenship test and date of approval and every absences i declared. I have a feeling that it will be soon! Hahaha starting with a positive energy this gloomy Monday morning!

suresure

Nov 29, 2013
vanvanvan said:
I just got my ATIP request today! Wow they really checked the file thoroughly. It was 32 pages to read. All the events were there including citizenship test and date of approval and every absences i declared. I have a feeling that it will be soon! Hahaha starting with a positive energy this gloomy Monday morning!
how many days does it take to get the atip? thanks! does it show the local office transfer?

vanvanvan

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
suresure said:
how many days does it take to get the atip? thanks! does it show the local office transfer?
Yes it shows Transfer dates, CSIS/RCMP Clearance, date received, Office in charge of processing, Officer/Agent# so many things some i dont understand. It took 4 weeks invoking privacy act so that you don't have to pay. (Im a Cheapskate) :p LOL

VancouverGal

Sep 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vanvanvan said:
Yes it shows Transfer dates, CSIS/RCMP Clearance, date received, Office in charge of processing, Officer/Agent# so many things some i dont understand. It took 4 weeks invoking privacy act so that you don't have to pay. (Im a Cheapskate) :p LOL
Hi Vanvanvan, did you apply for ATIP yourself or CIC applied for it on your behalf after your interview?

vanmom

Sep 20, 2014
Hello fellow Vancouverites,

I am new here but have been monitoring this forum since I started my application process and it has helped me alot in understanding and getting the support (and anxiety) in my journey to become a citizen. I am grateful that there is a site we can go to to get clarifications and ideas.

I am a stay at home mom with 2 kids, and have never been employed nor have volunteer hours to speak of since we started living here 4 years ago. We would go home every winter break and most summers, and have numerous border crossings. I have moved residences just once since living here. When I applied for citizenship I had 1112 days of presence. Let me share with you my timeline.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 18, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 18, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 18, 2014.

We sent you a notice on June 24, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 15, 2014 at 10:04 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on September 16, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 14, 2014 at 10:45am. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

It will be a 300 day journey or 9 months and 26 days of anticipation, anxiety, elation, stress, sleepless nights for this happy ending.

Has anyone of you taken the oath at The Tzu Chi Foundation Vancouver, BC? I have not received the notice by mail but when I searched on CIC site the only location scheduled for the time and date is at this location.

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
vanmom said:
Hello fellow Vancouverites,

I am new here but have been monitoring this forum since I started my application process and it has helped me alot in understanding and getting the support (and anxiety) in my journey to become a citizen. I am grateful that there is a site we can go to to get clarifications and ideas.

I am a stay at home mom with 2 kids, and have never been employed nor have volunteer hours to speak of since we started living here 4 years ago. We would go home every winter break and most summers, and have numerous border crossings. I have moved residences just once since living here. When I applied for citizenship I had 1112 days of presence. Let me share with you my timeline.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 18, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 18, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 18, 2014.

We sent you a notice on June 24, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 15, 2014 at 10:04 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on September 16, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 14, 2014 at 10:45am. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

It will be a 300 day journey or 9 months and 26 days of anticipation, anxiety, elation, stress, sleepless nights for this happy ending.

Has anyone of you taken the oath at The Tzu Chi Foundation Vancouver, BC? I have not received the notice by mail but when I searched on CIC site the only location scheduled for the time and date is at this location.

Cordial congratulations :)
Is there any other adult in the family who applied with you?