Vancouver Applicants

vias

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u4g5 said:
test next month, guys!
i love vancouver for speedy processing,haha. wish me luck on the exam date, brothers and sisters!
Congrats ....All the best for the exam..

I am still waiting for my Oath note

steeles

May 7, 2014
vias said:
Congrats ....All the best for the exam..

I am still waiting for my Oath note
WOW... You took a test 2 weeks earlier than mine and still waiting for the Oath and reaching for the 3 months??

I know there is Oath Ceremony schedule on Sep.29 for the last Oath of this month.

Oath letter generally comes in 2 weeks notice, so I will wait by this Tuesday.

A.Sh.

Sep 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear all,

I am new to this forum and also relatively new to the topic. Could you please share your thoughts regarding my case...

I sent citizenship applications (my + 2 kids) on June. Processing started in August; docs were sent to Vancouver in late Aug and yesterday I received an invitation to the test for the end of Oct. It was a pleasant surprise, as we thought (maybe wrongly) that the test is usually offered when your case is almost complete and semi-approved (pending the results of the test itself).

What I am trying to understand is whether this is likely to be the last step before the oath OR is there is a significant chance of additional requests (RQ and others) after the invitation for the test is received. My case should be rather straightforward: permanent job + local degree etc...

I know that some people received RQs after the test and had to wait for a while, but I don't know how typical this is.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and also for any advice you might have!

Cheers.

mrdrs

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u4g5 said:
test next month, guys!
i love vancouver for speedy processing,haha. wish me luck on the exam date, brothers and sisters!
you got a good news too my friend... goodluck... :D

mrdrs

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A.Sh. said:
Dear all,

I am new to this forum and also relatively new to the topic. Could you please share your thoughts regarding my case...

I sent citizenship applications (my + 2 kids) on June. Processing started in August; docs were sent to Vancouver in late Aug and yesterday I received an invitation to the test for the end of Oct. It was a pleasant surprise, as we thought (maybe wrongly) that the test is usually offered when your case is almost complete and semi-approved (pending the results of the test itself).

What I am trying to understand is whether this is likely to be the last step before the oath OR is there is a significant chance of additional requests (RQ and others) after the invitation for the test is received. My case should be rather straightforward: permanent job + local degree etc...

I know that some people received RQs after the test and had to wait for a while, but I don't know how typical this is.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and also for any advice you might have!

Cheers.
good luck on your test...

just concentrate on your test first... after the test, you will be interviewed but its only informal interview, they will just ask you anything about what you've written on your application form... you will have RQ if your stay here in Canada is questionable... like, you went out from Canada multiple times... together with your source of income... i think you should be able to justify the source of your income and your expences...

good luck again...

A.Sh.

Sep 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrdrs said:
good luck on your test...

just concentrate on your test first... after the test, you will be interviewed but its only informal interview, they will just ask you anything about what you've written on your application form... you will have RQ if your stay here in Canada is questionable... like, you went out from Canada multiple times... together with your source of income... i think you should be able to justify the source of your income and your expences...

good luck again...
Thank you very much! I will report my progress on this forum.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
A.Sh. said:
Thank you very much! I will report my progress on this forum.
You may want to bring all the original documents that you sent the fotocopy in your application to be verified. Also get familiar with all the stamps in your passport, as the interview officer will check every stamp on it. You can check in this forum about others' experience during the interview to fully prepare yourself.
I'm very happy to see Vancouver office is in full speed now. Few months ago, stuff like this only happened in Ontario.

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations u4g5 and A.sh family! Am proud of my Vancouver processing center! We need some fast oaths now:) let's go van city!

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
canucksrig said:
Congratulations u4g5 and A.sh family! Am proud of my Vancouver processing center! We need some fast oaths now:) let's go van city!
Was there something wrong with your interview? How come it's parked after test?

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nothing that iam aware of BLT! Hoping for the best! Pie, I have a strong feeling that you should be hearing soon for a test invite!

A.Sh.

Sep 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just spoke with my colleague who applied 2 - 3 weeks before me. He also received an invitation for a test - same time as mine, at the end of October. The timeline (very similar to my):

Receipt - early June
Processing started - early Aug
Transferred to Vancouver - late Aug
Test invite - early Sept
Test date - late Oct

Judging by our 2 cases (which of course may not be 100% representative) and also by the dates in the table posted on this forum (overall processing reduced from 38.4 to 10.8 months), Vancouver office is actually speeding up.

We are now preparing for the test and for our interviews. Thanks to everyone who shared his / her experience. More insights and advice are always welcome - especially about preparing the documents and the questions that we might have to answer during the interview!

Cheers!

mrdrs

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A.Sh. said:
I just spoke with my colleague who applied 2 - 3 weeks before me. He also received an invitation for a test - same time as mine, at the end of October. The timeline (very similar to my):

Receipt - early June
Processing started - early Aug
Transferred to Vancouver - late Aug
Test invite - early Sept
Test date - late Oct

Judging by our 2 cases (which of course may not be 100% representative) and also by the dates in the table posted on this forum (overall processing reduced from 38.4 to 10.8 months), Vancouver office is actually speeding up.

We are now preparing for the test and for our interviews. Thanks to everyone who shared his / her experience. More insights and advice are always welcome - especially about preparing the documents and the questions that we might have to answer during the interview!

Cheers!
congrats... and goodluck... :D

manachinu

Star Member
Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any good practice sites for these tests ?

I have been using http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/

vanvanvan

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
manachinu said:
Any good practice sites for these tests ?

I have been using http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/
http://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/

try this one its kinda tough so the real test will be a piece of cake for you