+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

Deepak K

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
trvpm said:
My ECAS changed from 'In Progress' to 'Decision Made', hopefully that is a good sign.
Atleast something happened after 3 months of writing the test. Have been checking the ECAS and the mailbox almost everyday for the past couple weeks...lol.
I had the test/interview on April 1, 2015.
Calling up CIC is not helpful, they refuse to look into the file unless 6 months has passed after the test date :mad:, for routine applications. The only thing they said was the online status will get updated when something happens, probably the standard answer.
i also had test same date and now mine also changed to decision made :)

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deepak K said:
i also had test same date and now mine also changed to decision made :)
Did you apply in November? This certainly gives me and many others hope!

My ecas never gets updated BTW. I passed my test 2 months ago but it's still "we started processing your files", with the transfer line disappeared a while ago.

Deepak K

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
yyzhuang said:
Did you apply in November? This certainly gives me and many others hope!

My ecas never gets updated BTW. I passed my test 2 months ago but it's still "we started processing your files", with the transfer line disappeared a while ago.
Yes I applied in Nov 2014, family application

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
@ trvpm & @ Deepak K

Does your e-cas state something about test invite date information etc?

my e-cas shows like similar to yyzhuang.

By the way Happy Canada Day to Everyone!!

Deepak K

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
thecoolguysam said:
@ trvpm & @ Deepak K

Does your e-cas state something about test invite date information etc?

my e-cas shows like similar to yyzhuang.

By the way Happy Canada Day to Everyone!!
Yes Test invite details are there, here is the details of ecas

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November xx, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December xx, 2014.
We started processing your application on December xx, 2014.
We sent you a notice on March xx, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April xx, 2015 at xx:xx PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Deepak K said:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November xx, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December xx, 2014.
We sent you a notice on March xx, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April xx, 2015 at xx:xx PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
I never got e-cas updated with test invite, same happened with yyzhuang however we came to know about the test invite only when we received test letter by canada post. We have already given the test/interview
Now ecas still says "In Process".

I have read that for some people ecas directly changed from In Process to Complete after oath (no updates for test/oath)

trvpm

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deepak K said:

Mine says the same, just diff dates.

I don't think the webpage updates the same for everyone (as far as I read in diff threads here), its just random and insignificant data (everyone has something diff and only a minority of the citizenship applicants are here) to make sense of how and why lines disappear/come back etc. So I stopped looking too much into it. As long as something or the other keeps happening/change, I know there is some progress :).

But of course I am curious and look up when something changes. So thanks to all who keep posting what happens.

Happy Canada Day !!!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
@ yyzhuang

will-i-am0121 has posted his timeline information and e-cas changed to "Decision Made" and there was no test invite information.

One person "Goldline" reported that his/her e-cas changed directly from "In Process" to "Complete" 3 days after the oath(there was no update regarding test/oath on e-cas)

One of my friends, Deepak K, trvpm have already got "Decision Made" and are getting proper updates regarding test invite thus I think, they will also get update regarding oath invite on e-cas.

Comparing the scenarios with other people in this forum, we will either get In Process to Decision Made in few days before the oath or e-cas will directly change from In Process to Complete after the oath.

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
@ yyzhuang

will-i-am0121 has posted his timeline information and e-cas changed to "Decision Made" and there was no test invite information.

One person "Goldline" reported that his/her e-cas changed directly from "In Process" to "Complete" 3 days after the oath(there was no update regarding test/oath on e-cas)

One of my friends, Deepak K, trvpm have already got "Decision Made" and are getting proper updates regarding test invite thus I think, they will also get update regarding oath invite on e-cas.

Comparing the scenarios with other people in this forum, we will either get In Process to Decision Made in few days before the oath or e-cas will directly change from In Process to Complete after the oath.
Thanks for the stats. Hope we will all graduate soon.

nflcanada

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
Which visa office do you send documentation to? I need to submit something but my file was tranferred to a vancouver office. Do both of them handle applications or just one of the 2? Expo or hornby?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
nflcanada said:
Which visa office do you send documentation to? I need to submit something but my file was tranferred to a vancouver office. Do both of them handle applications or just one of the 2? Expo or hornby?
My friend got a fingerprint request from EXPO office and also same type of letter from the other office (i don't remember the address of the 2nd office). He forwarded his original fingerprints to expo office and cc to the other office.

I am not sure though where should you send your documentation? Contact call centre to see if they can guide you.

I received test invite from expo office.

By the way, what would you like to send, if you don't mind me asking?