+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

A.Sh.

Sep 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know there's a dedicated thread called "Decision Made", but I'm looking for Vancouver specific experience, so want to ask the audience here:

After a test in mid June, there was a recent status change from In Process to Decision made. Contact center agents were unwilling to provide any comments and said that this status may indicate any new record, such as a comment in the file - an explanation that I find hard to believe...

Has anyone had a similar status change? How long until you received your letter (oath or other) after the status change? Any decisions other than the grant of citizenship? Also, did anyone succeed in getting additional information from the contact center?

Thanks!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
A.Sh. said:
I know there's a dedicated thread called "Decision Made", but I'm looking for Vancouver specific experience, so want to ask the audience here:

After a test in mid June, there was a recent status change from In Process to Decision made. Contact center agents were unwilling to provide any comments and said that this status may indicate any new record, such as a comment in the file - an explanation that I find hard to believe...

Has anyone had a similar status change? How long until you received your letter (oath or other) after the status change? Any decisions other than the grant of citizenship? Also, did anyone succeed in getting additional information from the contact center?

Thanks!
For some people ecas gets updated and for some it does not. Some people in this forum including myself have status "In Progress" even after the test/interview however, for some people it shows Decision Made. Also, one of my friends who gave test in May 2015 got decision made after a week or so and still waiting for oath letter.

Oath letter takes around two to three months and you can check the timeline here from test to oath date.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gpi8U0Vl1AYh5XmQ9jIb6Tx_ENayWrSQVa6co3zQZZg/edit#gid=0

A.Sh.

Sep 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
For some people ecas gets updated and for some it does not. Some people in this forum including myself have status "In Progress" even after the test/interview however, for some people it shows Decision Made. Also, one of my friends who gave test in May 2015 got decision made after a week or so and still waiting for oath letter.

Oath letter takes around two to three months and you can check the timeline here from test to oath date.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gpi8U0Vl1AYh5XmQ9jIb6Tx_ENayWrSQVa6co3zQZZg/edit#gid=0
Thanks! I agree - some people don't have the Decision Made status at all. I'm just trying to guess, what type of a decision it could be (a few weeks after the test). It's really frustrating that no additional data / comments are available from CIC after they inform clients that there already is a decision RE their file.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
A.Sh. said:
Thanks! I agree - some people don't have the Decision Made status at all. I'm just trying to guess, what type of a decision it could be (a few weeks after the test). It's really frustrating that no additional data / comments are available from CIC after they inform clients that there already is a decision RE their file.
Usually Decision Made is a positive sign for oath. Let's hope for the best. :) Good luck!

nflcanada

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
On the CIC website they mention 2 visa offices, one in expo and one in hornby. If your file was transferred to a local office, can it be at any of the 2? I want to send in a document, not sure which one to send it to.

khowe

Star Member
Nov 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2011
AOR Received.
28-02-2012
Med's Request
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
06-03-2012
Passport Req..
11-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2012
LANDED..........
06-16-2012
A.Sh. said:

Thanks!
I had my ECAS change from In Process to Decision made over the weekend.

will-i-am0121

Apr 21, 2015
Hey guys,
lol, my ECAS shows "decision made", and I have just had my test on June 11th. However, my wife, she have had her test on April 2nd still showing "in process", so you have no idea how CIC works....
Hopefully my oath invitation is on the way. Good luck guys!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
will-i-am0121 said:
Hey guys,
lol, my ECAS shows "decision made", and I have just had my test on June 11th. However, my wife, she have had her test on April 2nd still showing "in process", so you have no idea how CIC works....
Hopefully my oath invitation is on the way. Good luck guys!
my friend gave test on 27th may and got decision made in first week of june and he is still waiting for oath.
Did you and your wife submit application together as a family?

In your case, your ecas must be showing all information including test invite etc and for your wife's case her e-cas has not been updated with test invite, please confirm.

will-i-am0121

Apr 21, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
my friend gave test on 27th may and got decision made in first week of june and he is still waiting for oath.
Did you and your wife submit application together as a family?

In your case, your ecas must be showing all information including test invite etc and for your wife's case her e-cas has not been updated with test invite, please confirm.

Hey Sam,
We didn't apply together and mine hasn't been added with any additional info other than "decision made" on the first page when you log in. Here's the timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 13, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 28, 2015.
We started processing your application on April 28, 2015.

Transfer to local on May 5th, test on June 11th.

Perhaps I'm invited to the oath on the same date as my wife even though we applied separately?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
will-i-am0121 said:
Hey Sam,
We didn't apply together and mine hasn't been added with any additional info other than "decision made" on the first page when you log in. Here's the timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 13, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 28, 2015.
We started processing your application on April 28, 2015.

Transfer to local on May 5th, test on June 11th.

Perhaps I'm invited to the oath on the same date as my wife even though we applied separately?
I am not sure if your wife would be called for oath the same day as you. I think it only happens if you submitted the application package as a family or if both of yours timelines are similar. Who knows maybe you both might get oath invite at the same time :)

Does you wife's e-cas show test invite information?

For me the test invite never showed up in ecas and I only got test invite by mail and gave the test and the online status still states "In Process"

will-i-am0121

Apr 21, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
I am not sure if your wife would be called for oath the same day as you. I think it only happens if you submitted the application package as a family or if both of yours timelines are similar. Who knows maybe you both might get oath invite at the same time :)

Does you wife's e-cas show test invite information?

For me the test invite never showed up in ecas and I only got test invite by mail and gave the test and the online status still states "In Process"

Yes, her got updated with test invites, but nothing after..
Good luck Sam.

trvpm

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My ECAS changed from 'In Progress' to 'Decision Made', hopefully that is a good sign.
Atleast something happened after 3 months of writing the test. Have been checking the ECAS and the mailbox almost everyday for the past couple weeks...lol.
I had the test/interview on April 1, 2015.
Calling up CIC is not helpful, they refuse to look into the file unless 6 months has passed after the test date :mad:, for routine applications. The only thing they said was the online status will get updated when something happens, probably the standard answer.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........