+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

VancouverGal

Sep 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone! :) question, has anyone did and passed the test around August-September of 2014 and still waiting for their oath? Also when applicants receive RQ, what does it look like? is it a letter? Thank you all!

VancouverGal

Sep 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In relation to the above I called CIC this morning to find out if a decision has been made on my application and was told by the officer that new rules took place and now we cannot inquire about our applications unless it's been more than 24 month since we applied. He also said not to contact the Vancouver office as they will penalize you for that and will make processing of your application longer :eek: :( has anyone else heard smth like this?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
@VancouverGal

What does your online e-cas status state?

Usually the oath is within 6 months after the test.

Did the officer approve your file during the test? Did you get any additional document request?

VancouverGal

Sep 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
@ VancouverGal

What does your online e-cas status state?

Usually the oath is within 6 months after the test.

Did the officer approve your file during the test? Did you get any additional document request?
@thecoolguysam,

My ecas status has been same for dunno how many months now - say "in process". the interviewer approved my application, but asked me to send my entry/exit USA records to local office; she said it will not take any affect on my application and i should hear from them within 3-5 months...it's been almost a year :(

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
VancouverGal said:
@ thecoolguysam,

My ecas status has been same for dunno how many months now - say "in process". the interviewer approved my application, but asked me to send my entry/exit USA records to local office; she said it will not take any affect on my application and i should hear from them within 3-5 months...it's been almost a year :(
was it CIT0520?

VancouverGal

Sep 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
was it CIT0520?
I think so, there was so form she gave me and I mailed it together with my entry/exit docs from usa...why? is it a bad form to receive? :p

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
VancouverGal said:
I think so, there was so form she gave me and I mailed it together with my entry/exit docs from usa...why? is it a bad form to receive? :p
Okay. Did you submit the I94 records or the FOIA CBP records?

If you have lots of trips then sometimes it may take time for CIC to process/assess the entry/exit details.
It should not take that long however few more months.
As your application has become non-routine, now it is up to CIC how quickly they will process the application for you.

I wish you good luck and speedy processing of your application.

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Lots of Ceremonies updated for BC for different locations for July 1st 2015 :)
Hey Sam! Just want to let you know..For a while I thought about the Canada Day oath thing. I had a slight doubt that there will be more ceremonies than usual days, because it's a holiday after all. More ceremonies means more working hours for CIC staff. Anyways, I searched and found a news article about Canada Day oath from 2014 in Vancouver http://www.canadaplace.ca/Media/Current%20News/Media%20Advisory%20-%202014%20Citizenship%20Ceremony%20at%20Canada%20Place

Media are invited to the 2014 Canada Day at Canada Place Citizenship ceremony where 60 people from 36 different places of origin will become new Canadians.
This is of similar scale compared to the ceremony I attended as a guest in February, where ~70 people became Canadian. The difference is that there was performance and speeches, and last longer. But let's just be patient and hopeful. Maybe oath is before or after Canada Day, this doesn't matter. Taking the oath is all that matters!

VancouverGal

Sep 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Okay. Did you submit the I94 records or the FOIA CBP records?

If you have lots of trips then sometimes it may take time for CIC to process/assess the entry/exit details.
It should not take that long however few more months.
As your application has become non-routine, now it is up to CIC how quickly they will process the application for you.

I wish you good luck and speedy processing of your application.
@thecoolguysam,

Thank you, Sam! I'm hopeful the officer will be satisfied with the info I provided (I94 records or the FOIA CBP records exactly is what I sent) and will approve my application soon :)

Have a great day!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
yyzhuang said:
Hey Sam! Just want to let you know..For a while I thought about the Canada Day oath thing. I had a slight doubt that there will be more ceremonies than usual days, because it's a holiday after all. More ceremonies means more working hours for CIC staff. Anyways, I searched and found a news article about Canada Day oath from 2014 in Vancouver http://www.canadaplace.ca/Media/Current%20News/Media%20Advisory%20-%202014%20Citizenship%20Ceremony%20at%20Canada%20Place

This is of similar scale compared to the ceremony I attended as a guest in February, where ~70 people became Canadian. The difference is that there was performance and speeches, and last longer. But let's just be patient and hopeful. Maybe oath is before or after Canada Day, this doesn't matter. Taking the oath is all that matters!

The link I provided previously states about ceremonies in Vancouver, Langley, Richmond, North Vancouver, Victoria, Kelowna and Kamloops for 1st July 2015.

The person named "veri" ' did test on 30th March and oath on 1st July. If that is the trend then we might get oath by end of July. I think that we may get oath on July 1st because of the extra ceremonies.

Moreover I have read about email oaths invite :) maybe we will receive that.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
VancouverGal said:
@ thecoolguysam,

Thank you, Sam! I'm hopeful the officer will be satisfied with the info I provided (I94 records or the FOIA CBP records exactly is what I sent) and will approve my application soon :)

Have a great day!
So did you submit both of the following or just one and if one then which one:

1. i94 records from i94 website https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/

2. CBP FOIA records from the website: https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/foia/action/login

BenBC

Jun 11, 2015
Hello guys,

I see many people being invited to attend the test but not me, even applicants from 2015. I'm wondering what could be the reasons. Any idea?

Application received on December 22, 2014
acknowledging receipt of your application on February 19, 2015.
Application in Process on March 19, 2015
Application Transferred to Vancouver Office on April 2, 2015

Thanks!

A.Sh.

Sep 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys,

Quick questions - would really appreciate your experience:

What happens if there is an accidental mistake discovered during the interview (after a successful test), which puts an applicant only a few days (2-3) below the physical residency threshold? Anyone had these type of applications - just several days below the limit? How did it turn out?

Thanks!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
A.Sh. said:
Hello guys,

Quick questions - would really appreciate your experience:

What happens if there is an accidental mistake discovered during the interview (after a successful test), which puts an applicant only a few days (2-3) below the physical residency threshold? Anyone had these type of applications - just several days below the limit? How did it turn out?

Thanks!
The question is that what is your wrong physical presence days as per the online residence calculator and what should be the real (corrected) physical days?
If the wrong physical presence days were anywhere around 1096 days and after correction it goes below 1095 then there may be some issues however at the end CIC has to decide the applicant's eligibility (residency requirement)